Which Laptop Under Rs.35K? (Bought Sony Vaio)

Thread Starter #46
Hey guys a weird thing i am facing with my laptop.
Not the Hardware issues.
When ever i type an email or while posting information, the cursor points to any other position and starts typing elsewhere.
Has any one faced such thing.

Thread Starter #48
Yes that is because accidently you swipe your palm over the touch pad . normally sony has a feature to set finger pressure on touch pad -check in control panel.

BTW,
Mukesh ,how is this pc. i am also planning to buy same especially due to one touch web access feature. is it good ?http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb44en
May be that could be the reason.
Now i am keeping my hands off the touch pad.

Yes Jaydev, i particularly wanted a lightweight laptop.

Laptop's working fine, battery backup is around 2 & half hours.

One touch web access, has a default browser of their own.
But you cannot dim the brightness, screen will be more bright.

Its a LED backlit screen, not full LED screen as Samsung.
The viewing angle differs.

Congratulations

The Laptop is looking Sexy[:D], congrats Mukesh by the way I also had an option of choosing Sony Vaio White coloured Laptop but the screen size was too small then finally I bought HP Pavilion Laptop as I wanted a retro feel to it[:)] and what are the specifications and features of the vaio could you put some light on it (details)?

Thread Starter #50
Re: Congratulations

The Laptop is looking Sexy[:D], congrats Mukesh by the way I also had an option of choosing Sony Vaio White coloured Laptop but the screen size was too small then finally I bought HP Pavilion Laptop as I wanted a retro feel to it[:)] and what are the specifications and features of the vaio could you put some light on it (details)?
Thanks bmwrockzz.
Core i3 (2.53 Ghz), 3GB Ram, 320 GB HD, 512 mb ATI Radeon graphics card (Model HD-5470), Windows 7 Ultimate N OS, Screen size 15.5",
LED Backlit screen.
Battey backup 2 and half hours.

Last edited:
Finally,
I bought Toshiba L640 X4310 for Rs.36000
with i5 processor 2.66ghz ,ddr3 3 gb ram and 512mb Ati grafix card with win7 premium.
and a logitech MX518 mouse for rs.1500

Good Laptop.
windows experience rating shows 4.9

Thread Starter #52
Finally,
I bought Toshiba L640 X4310 for Rs.36000
with i5 processor 2.66ghz ,ddr3 3 gb ram and 512mb Ati grafix card with win7 premium.
and a logitech MX518 mouse for rs.1500

Good Laptop.
windows experience rating shows 4.9
Mine is 5.1

Attachments

Thread Starter #55
Just now checked mine and its showing 5.9.[:)] Does this really matter actually?
Yes Dhaya, this rates the computers ability in using resources in the best possible way.

The rating will be based on lowest possible subscore.

The more the rating index, it means better components have been installed in your PC.

Mine is Core i3 though.

Just now checked mine and its showing 5.9. Does this really matter actually?
My brother being Msc in computer science and a linux freak says this rating is foolish .
It relies on Microsoft's own funny calculations and Windows aero is a big bug itself.

My previous Sony vaio had 3.6 rating but it performed much better than HP pavillion with 6.8 rating like in file tranfer, dvd writing and startup.

Myself being windows user I consider it as a tool for quick analyse .

Thread Starter #57
My brother being Msc in computer science and a linux freak says this rating is foolish .
It relies on Microsoft's own funny calculations and Windows aero is a big bug itself.

My previous Sony vaio had 3.6 rating but it performed much better than HP pavillion with 6.8 rating like in file tranfer, dvd writing and startup.

Myself being windows user I consider it as a tool for quick analyse .
It can't be in that way jaydev, this shows how much resource hungry Windows 7 has been.

Thread Starter #58
Yesterday while cleaning of my TV thought of connecting the laptop to LED TV through HDMI cable, removed the cable from Home theatre and connected laptop to TV .
Oh boy what a resolution i really loved it, was browsing on LED TV through laptop.
Have not yet tried the eSATA hard disk port.
Think i can connect the normal pc hard disk through SATA cables to laptop for data transfer.

Played GTA4 as well.

Thread Starter #59
Hey guys its been for a while, i am facing some typing issues on my VAIO, when ever i type mail or posting something, in midst of typing the cursor goes somewhere and types there.
I am really annoyed by this.[frustration]

I made sure that the palm or hand isn't touching the mousepad.
But still while posting an interesting info i get annoyed because of this issue, contacted SONY, they said to handover laptop, and said may be of virus it could be a problem.
And they will format harddisk and reinstall OS, i declined.
They also told that if needed they will replace the mousepad.

But i am not satisfied with their reply & don't want to open the factory fitted VAIO.

Any one facing similar issues?

But the gaming and other things are excellent.

I believe it maybe a issue with the drivers of the Touch Pad. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and it also has the same problem when the touchpad acts funny in this way.
May be you should look for the updated drivers for the touchpad. If they are the latest ones, then try re-installing the drivers.

Top Bottom