Which Laptop Under Rs.35K? (Bought Sony Vaio)

350Z

Core Team
Re: Which Laptop to Go For? Budget 25k - 35k

Congratulations, Mukesh. Which Samsung model you are opting for?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #17

Congratulations, Mukesh. Which Samsung model you are opting for?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Rv509-A05/04 IN don't remeber the model name exactly.
Its a customised one,RAM configuration can be upgraded further as well as Hard disk too.

Hello guys i am almost zeroing for SAMSUNG laptop
why i am choosing with DOS is I will be getting the driver CD for XP as well as Windows-7

Congrats mukesh.
BTW are these drivers not available from Samsung site?

Hey mukesh

Let's approach this the way it should be done.

If I may ask, what is the purpose of your purchase? In other words, what is the one single thing you would be doing with it.

General use (browsing, email, YouTube, Pictures, picasa, etc)
Gaming (such as halo, modern combat, Civilization, etc)
Multimedia (editing audio, video, etc)
Work related (docs, excels, PDFs, etc)
Special purpose (engineering, scientific, media, etc)

While brand selection is important, I'd really like to help you with the laptop that suits your needs. And an answer to the above would help a lot.

Hey mukesh

If I may ask, what is the purpose of your purchase? In other words, what is the one single thing you would be doing with it.

While brand selection is important, I'd really like to help you with the laptop that suits your needs. And an answer to the above would help a lot.
I was just thinking to post this query after going through the whole thread and its already been asked, see mukesh every brand,every model has its own pros and cons, let us know your needs and then choose your model which suits your needs perfectly or almost nearer to it.I have 2 HP laptops, 2 Compaq, 2 Dell, 1 Acer and 2 Sony so know every one has their own value.
Samsung is pushing hard for its laptops across the world with LED screens, water resist keyboards and so on, need to check how it performs.Does anyone have on hand experience with samsung laptops?

Thread Starter #22

Hey mukesh

My need is mainly for project work as of now, which involves installation of Visual Studio.
Which mainly requires Windows XP, later on i will buy legal version of Windows 7.
Samsung is providing every feature without OS.
So thought this would be a great deal.
For browsing iPad.
Gaming on MAC book pro.

Well, first of all, hello to a fellow MacBook pro owner.we will live a life that is richer, fuller and more meaningful than what the frugal PC guys will have.

Having said that, I am surprised that you, a Mac guy, is seeking help on something as trivial as purchasing a computer/laptop for work. We are better than that.

Let's see if we can get you a match. I just checked visual studio professional 2010 specs and you will need a dual core cpu that's at least 1.6ghz, 4 gb ram, a dx 9 compatible video card and some decent disk space. Anything that meets or beats these specs is a match.

Because it would be for work, it probably should run for extended period at a time. And for the same reason, you would probably keep formatting and reformatting while you work with the computer.

My suggestion: a cheap desktop, but since you have not asked me that, I will focus on laptops.

You need your system to be rugged, for long term use, must give as little problems as possible. You also need your system to be affordable since this is not your first or favorite computer. You will also need the upgrades and replacements to be cheap.

My suggestion: Dell, followed by hp.

Notes: lenovo is a big no no; Sony is just waste of money; toshiba is a lost soul; samsung was an oem until recently, unless you want to be the guinea pig, don't bother yourself with a samsung;acer and compaq are just too cheap;

I know Ill be quoted and requoted in the various disagreements that follow, but this is my take. From a Mac user, to a Mac user.

Thread Starter #24

Hello guys finally i bought a laptop SONY VAIO E-Series.
320 GB Hard disk,3GB Ram,512 Mb ATI-Radeon graphics card.
Windows 7 .
Total:37000/-

AMG

Suspended

Congrats.

Sony is way better than Samsung in laptops.

i feel Samsung would have been better. I have heard numerous stories of the unreliability of Sony. I mean I dont want to put your choice down, that is an awesome laptop but still Sony Vaio is on the more unreliable side. Beware of the motherboard.

For Non-macs it should be Dell, any day! Best at-site service, best network, easily available hardware and great online deals.

Dont even think about anything else.

EDIT: Did not read you already got one! Well ignore the above comment [:)]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Hello guys finally i bought a laptop SONY VAIO E-Series.
320 GB Hard disk,3GB Ram,512 Mb ATI-Radeon graphics card.
Windows 7 .
Total:37000/-
Congratulations Mukesh! Vaio has been in my wishlist. Do post some pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom