Which is Good: Nissan Sunny Diesel or Maruti SX4 Diesel?

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends I have one confusion between Nissan sunny diesel or Maruti Sx4 Diesel. I have test drive both car but i Feel Nissan sunny diesel is more better then Maruti Sx4 Diesel. With price both are near but There is more Features in Nissan sunny diesel. Can you suggest me which is better ?

Thanks in advance
Roy shah

Re: Which is good Car Nissan Sunny Diesel or Maruti SX4 Diesel

I would recommend Nissan Sunny over Suzuki SX4. The only negatives of Sunny over the Suzuki are:

Pricey spares
Availability of A.S.S
Basic design

If A.S.S is not an issue, go for Sunny. Spares are priced almost same as Micra (except a few)

Hello friends I have one confusion between Nissan sunny diesel or Maruti Sx4 Diesel. I have test drive both car but i Feel Nissan sunny diesel is more better then Maruti Sx4 Diesel. With price both are near but There is more Features in Nissan sunny diesel. Can you suggest me which is better ?

Thanks in advance
Roy shah
kem cho royshah,
Sunny if you want to experience superlative back seat and SX4 if you want to feel Fiat Multijet 90 ps thrust and power.And if you want to have a smart deal go for Manza quadrajet, why, its simple, power of SX4 combined with space of Sunny and with wide service network and cheap spares, to top it all even fully loaded base variant of Manza is much cheaper than base version of Sunny and SX4 diesel.

I would go with the SX4 since it has a greater power and reliability of MASS. Nissan is still to develop a good service network. Also spares for a Maruti are never a problem as compared to Sunny.

SX-4 is better if you consider only better A.S.S and less maintenance costs, why not peek into Verna & vento they are also great options in diesel category.
Anyway sunny has also good looks better interior space like limousine,and it will be good to have sunny if your city has nissan dealership and easily reachable to them.
Scout for nissan dealers in your city and learn about their background,about how they behave with customers,will they respond to the grievences or not.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy! You can check the vento and fluidic verna also.

And, if spares and dealership is not a problem for you, Sunny is the way to go!
If you are worried about the power and A.S.S., The SX4 will definitely fulfill your needs.
If there are nissan dealers in your area, i would suggest the sunny, because of the new design (as 350z said) and you felt it better than Sx4 during TD.

Which models are you going for in both the cars? I think if you are going for Sx4 VDi, the Sunny XL is better in terms of price and features, and if Sx4 ZDI, then Nissan Sunny XV Or Skoda Rapid Elegance 1.6 AT will make sense.
All the Best!

i would prefer the sx4 diesel as the ground clearance of the sx4 is perfect for indian roads, also the engine is very powerful !! and to add to this i feel the sx4 looks way better than the sunny!

Sunny looks seriously Ugly to me. anybody ?

Until now the crown was worn by Swift dezire for ugliest sedan, now that has been snatched by Nissan sunny.

OT: I will go for Tata manza anyday.

SX4 diesel shall be preferred on following points,

1. MSIL has better service network than Nissan (I did not say good A$$, I said Network)
2. SX4 has better ground clearance
3. Sunny looks voluminous & SX4 looks very compact and is robust though it is bigger than Sunny in all dimensions.
4. SX4 is 40mm wider than Sunny (1735mm vs 1695mm) so comfortable for 3 adults on rear seats
5. SX4 is way better with higher kerb weight (1225 kg Vs 1092 kg)
6. Good low end torque in SX4 200@1750 against 200@2000 in Sunny
7. Better wheels R15 195/65 against R14 (i think it is 185/70 something)

Rest all depends about how you feel the cars in back to back test drives. Back to back test drives really help understand the cars better. Please do that if not already done.

Sunny looks seriously Ugly to me. anybody ?

Until now the crown was worn by Swift dezire for ugliest sedan, now that has been snatched by Nissan sunny.

OT: I will go for Tata manza anyday.
I am with you on this!

Manza deserves a test at least! So Mr royshah, give it a go!

Last edited:

Top Bottom