Which is Better: 40" LCD TV or Plasma TV?

Prads- Agree with you man , its just crap these days , you buy something today for 1 lac , it will be worth half in 3 months time

@vaibhav any particular brands your after?

My friends is in samsung. He may get me 25% discount on MRP [clap][;)]
You can check out fellow member "Superbad"s samsung tv here,its not bad[:)] -> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/gadgets-more/6445-pictures-my-samsung-d550-hdtv.html

@ codename47
ya tech moves really fast when i checked out the hd led vs hd lcd comparo it was a year ago,so as expected led tvs will always keep advancing as i feel its not a big task.
Have you checked out the Mitsubishi tv's they are huge,a friends friend has got it imported here. Do you get those in Aus?

Thread Starter #19
Yaar
I see cost of Samsung tv around 40k here
Do we get these tv 50% cheap in Bangkok etc
Then instead of buyinf from india i can tour bankok and buy from there. I am sure bankok trips is also around 25k per person

Yaar
Then instead of buyinf from india i can tour bankok and buy from there. I am sure bankok trips is also around 25k per person
You save good amount of money or seems worth only when you are looking to buy tvs that cost above 1.2 lakhs here,I dont think its worth to go there for a small saving cos of transport etc ,but nothing against holidaying.

You can check out fellow member "Superbad"s samsung tv here,its not bad[:)] -> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/gadgets-more/6445-pictures-my-samsung-d550-hdtv.html

@ codename47
ya tech moves really fast when i checked out the hd led vs hd lcd comparo it was a year ago,so as expected led tvs will always keep advancing as i feel its not a big task.
Have you checked out the Mitsubishi tv's they are huge,a friends friend has got it imported here. Do you get those in Aus?
nah man not in aussie we have mistubishi air cons and other brands like fujitsu TEAC etc etc.

Hi There

IMHO if you are looking for a 42" in the price band of 40-45K than i would advise you to go for Plasma TV as you will not get LCD or LED in that price (even if you get one that LCD/LED would be a basic model).

Now What to choose in Plasma:

1.) I would suggest you to go for Panasonic Plasma instead of going for any other brand. I own one i.e. V20 series 42" from last one year or so and iam pretty much impressed with the Picture Quality of the TV. Recently i have installed HD set top box from Dish TV and the Picture is so good that yoiu can see the root of the hairs of a person. This is a Full HD TV i.e. 1080p and colours are natural with fantastic black colour deapth.
Go for Full HD Plasma TV. Dont be fussy about 3D Plasma and all.

Yaar
you sure will get tvs cheap there but you lose on warranty.

last when my friend checked in a sony cx420 32" was available for 7k and a samsung 40d550 was available for 22k approx[frustration]

My dad bought the international model when he was in transit thru Bangkok ( after visiting us in Australia) , he took one 32" LCD Sony (may be LED ) cant remember it was 14000 Bahts and you dont have to pay a lot custom on it.
for 40" and above Custom/Luxury tax applies .

My dad bought the international model when he was in transit thru Bangkok ( after visiting us in Australia) , he took one 32" LCD Sony (may be LED ) cant remember it was 14000 Bahts and you dont have to pay a lot custom on it.
for 40" and above Custom/Luxury tax applies .
Ya customs here in India is like a lottery,almost a year ago a friend got a body kit/alloys set for his Suv,got charged a bomb(you can put it in lakhs),so for small tvs not worth the headache.
The govt tries not to loose much to foreign trade,even if it does,it charges alot of tax(to discourage us),our car import duties are proof of that.

Thread Starter #27
Bhai he was charged a bomb coz only upto 35k there is no import duty.
Its actually worth a headache only in case of small items like TV [;)]

Ya customs here in India is like a lottery,almost a year ago a friend got a body kit/alloys set for his Suv,got charged a bomb(you can put it in lakhs),so for small tvs not worth the headache.
The govt tries not to loose much to foreign trade,even if it does,it charges alot of tax(to discourage us),our car import duties are proof of that.
Agreed on that
uphere no customs as such
my mate ordered Work wheels form Japan , Private import to Australia for his S15 Spec R silvia , 2000 Dollars all up! how good is that. they were 18" staggered set.

In India its crap!!!!!

Dude first tell me wht is the size of your room and lightening according to dimensions then will suggest which is the best one for you

Top Bottom