Which Indian Car Has Best and Worst OE Horn?

@ Junior i20's horns are the same as your OE Alto's horn! TATA'S horns not so bad not so good , okay!

@ Ilango All Volkswagen's horn are kinda soft. They are great for city conditions but for highways those horns can be a bit too soft. But anyways the question is which horn sounds good to you , so i like as Skoda and Volkswagen car horns.

And junior for your next question , first again i would say i20's horns are the worst and they surely deserve better horns! For a car worth nearly Rs.6.6Lakhs OTR those horns are not even as good as i10!

For best horns in segment i would say Polo first considering the price of the car. Next segment again Vento would take the lead but Fiesta , Verna , SX4 all have decent horns. I think above 10Lakhs all cars come with good horns.

ilango[speed thirst];57465 said:
Worst horn , polo.
Opposite to ilango, polo's horn is very nice. I love it.[:)]

Puntos/Lineas horns are also good, most of the maruti cars (like my alto) has bit harsh horn sound.

Yes junior , my friend just bought one so am pretty sure(he changed to Skoda type horns now)! But i think i20 CRDI has a better horn , like Verna's OE horn.

@ Ilango All Volkswagen's horn are kinda soft. They are great for city conditions but for highways those horns can be a bit too soft. But anyways the question is which horn sounds good to you , so i like as Skoda and Volkswagen car horns.
Merc , skoda which have wind tone horns are good , though they feel low sound at some point, but they can be heard at some distance.

anybody heard swift dzire horn? thats the wierdest IMHO and best one has skoda octavia which many people wish to copy..[:)]

Re: Which Indian Car has the Best and Worst OE Horn?

Best Horns: Vento & most germans.
ANHC (never used it, just heard it) - its not the worst but I feel it could have been better. The size & looks of the car are very good, the horn wouldnt be a great cost cutting factor for the company.

OT: I upgraded my car horns to - BOSCH SYMPHONY recently, I AM LOVING IT.
Here is a Pic

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...irst-car-maruti-800-ac-new-bosch-horns-2-.jpg

Worst horn I don't know but I felt aria and safari horns very weak I mean when you roll the windows up and press the horn you hardly hear it yourself the SA told its is better insulation in the cabin so I can't hear it .

350Z

Core Team

Now I also like the horn of Fiesta after using it from a while. It’s quite effective and neither too loud nor too soft.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Best: Skoda & VW
The worst: My own Vista (Very low as it is fitted behind the headlamps, seldom serves the purpose in city traffic)

I wanted to change the horn but many car decor shops told me it will not have any good effect as the location of horn in Vista is the main issue not the type/quality of the horn itself.

Worst horn I don't know but I felt aria and safari horns very weak I mean when you roll the windows up and press the horn you hardly hear it yourself the SA told its is better insulation in the cabin so I can't hear it .
[lol] That is very funny! no offence.

The real issue could be the same as in Vista. Don't trust the SA when he says the cabin insulation is better. Just try and ask him why the engine noise is not absorbed by the so called better insulation?? Especially in case of Diesel cars.

Now I also like the horn of Fiesta after using it from a while. It’s quite effective and neither too loud nor too soft.
+1 to that. I feel the same with the Figo. very effective and not at all irritating.

Last edited:

Well there are 2 sides of the coin. A genetically poor vehicle, say an auto,etc will have a poor horn. But amongst the next gen cars, recently after having bought a Brio, I feel it has one of the worst horns possible for such a cute young fresh car that it is! It actually sounds like an archaic jeep or jonga....Need to get it changed :(

That is very funny! no offence.

The real issue could be the same as in Vista. Don't trust the SA when he says the cabin insulation is better. Just try and ask him why the engine noise is not absorbed by the so called better insulation?? Especially in case of Diesel cars.
Why should I take your comment as a of fence ? It is indeed very funny the size of aria and safari they must provide some real great horns if possible you try driving the aria and safari you will be shocked it is very very weak .

I never believe SA you know why ? Because the same guy told me that tata will launch new safari in 2 models Merlin and strome and when I asked what about sherlin ? He said no info on that yet will ask and let you know [lol][lol]

OE horn of Manza is okay. not too bad. But Xylo's horn is too weak for a car of its size. it hardly scares anyone!

Top Bottom