Which Hyundai Verna: Petrol or Diesel ?

Thread Starter #1
hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a Fluidic Verna. At first I was only interested in AT variant and since the diesel AT costs above Rs.13 lacs in Delhi (on road) its sort of out of the question. But before I actually go for the petrol AT, I want to be sure that I'm making a good decision.

AT is not a "must have" for me, its a luxury, not a necessity but features are. So here's my main question for members here:

1.6 VTVT SX(O) or 1.6 CRDI SX.

My views:
1.6 VTVT SX(O)MT will cost 10.40 lacs whereas the SX(O)AT one will cost about 11.10 lacs. There are discounts and incentives available on the petrol variants which should be atleast 35,000. With SX(O) variant I get max. features which actually complete the Verna package.

1.6 CRDI SX: This MT variant of diesel will cost about 11.20 lacs whereas the SX(O) MT is for 12.20 lacs and the SX(O) AT is for about 13.10 lacs. No discounts here so as per my budget I'm only considering the SX MT. The biggest plus in diesel for me is the enormous amount of torque as well as the 6-speed gear box. Add to the lower fuel cost of diesel and supposedly better fuel efficiency of the diesel engine, it means savings although not substantial.

My monthly driving for this car will not exceed 1000 kms and even thats a liberal estimate. Pls share your experiences if possible so I can decide.

Thanks [:)]

350Z

Core Team
My monthly driving for this car will not exceed 1000 kms and even thats a liberal estimate. Pls share your experiences if possible so I can decide.
Welcome to The Automotive India, Nishant. Your running is justified for a Petrol variant. You could even consider dropping the automatic if it isn’t really required since the maintenance cost of automatic transmission is higher in long term. Plus, it's less fuel efficient in comparison to manual counterpart. Hope it helps.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI nishant. First of all, congrats on your decision to go for Verna. Now, as you have pointed out that your monthly running would note exceed 1000 kms so a petrol version makes all the more sense. combined with that lower maintenance and running costs.

freakdude.

' Liberal estimation of running` means running will be near 800 km/month.and you are fond of AT, both things go in favor of petrol car,The person who would like to have AT car even if it is not' must have', would be definitely comfortable with driving dynamics of a MT petrol car than a MT diesel car.

Thread Starter #5
thanks for prompt responses. I was thinking on similar lines that considering the amount of running, the period over which the difference between petrol and diesel variant prices would be recovered gets spread over several years.

Anyone here with a VTVT Verna ?? Whats the FE like on the MT ??

Top Bottom