Which Home/Office A/C (Air Conditioner) to Buy/You Own?

Thread Starter #1
I have three split A/C's in my home -

1. Voltas vertis 1.5 ton [living room] - 3 star - serving for 4 years

2. Samsung 1.0 ton [bed room] - 5 star - serving for 3 years

3. Voltas vertis 2.0 ton [dining room] - 2 star -serving for 10 months

samsung ac is poorer compared to voltas as samsung condensor coil leaked[all oil leaked out of the system] just in 2 years, part not covered in warranty, company asked 5000 INR for complete job.

i denied their services and got a local mechanic who welded the coil and charged 1500 INR.

Voltas 2.0 ton outdoor unit is the nosiest one.

cooling performance of all three are satisfactory according to their capacities.

Last edited:
We have 6 ACs in our house, all of them are Voltas & 5 of them are split units.

Till now, none of the split units has shown any issues. on the other hand, the window AC has acted nasty twice. all the 6 ACs are quiet & cooling is very good.

I am not an expert here, but why not try LG ACs? In my AP-02 house, we have a 1.5 ton Split AC from LG, and is 6 years old. Even after these many years, and extreme usage in a place with 35* - 45* temperatures, the cooling is just about OK.

We have lg 1.5 ton split , 3 Years old. for last 1 month i find the cooling is not satisfactory . but chills the room. i hope it needs a service.

In my office i have a 1.5 ton lg window ac , which is just 4 months old. does the job perfectly.

in my grand dad home , there is 7+ year 1.5 ton lg ac , its just below my office , corner and traffic area, facing a heavy dusty condition outside. was fine for first 3+ years . and i think it visited mechanic's shop some 2 to 4 times. among that once was just a condenser change.

If this thread is on ac performance. i vote for voltas. though its tata product unlike car's its sturdy build like a fiat !!!!!

I own a Voltas 1.5 Ton Split AC. Its just awesome & uncomparable to any ACs.

May be OG or Hitachi can be close to it.

OG? You mean general? We had one when we used to live in Chennai. A 2ton 2 star window A/c. The cooling was damn cool. We carried it with us to Mysore, and then to bangalore without installing it again, as we figured out we don't need an A/c here, except in the car!

Yes Arkin & anmol.

OG & Hitachi are the best when it is AC.

But considering the price I would say Voltas is really a VFM & equivalent to those.

I never keep anything below 25 in my Voltas. It will be damn cool even at 26.

Yes Arkin & anmol.

OG & Hitachi are the best when it is AC.

But considering the price I would say Voltas is really a VFM & equivalent to those.

I never keep anything below 25 in my Voltas. It will be damn cool even at 26.

We have four AC'S at home.

Whirlpool 2 ton split in living room- Using it for just about a year. No issues till now , cooling is pretty good and cools the entire hall even at 24.

Whirlpool 1 ton split in one bedroom-Again using it for just about a year. No issues faced and cooling is damn good even at 26.

Carrier 1.5 ton window in my room- Using for about 2 years now. Noise is on the higher side compared to other AC'S in my home and cooling is on the slower side. No issues faced till now either.

Whirlpool 1 ton window dad's room- Using for about 3 years. No issues till now and cooling is pretty good.

Only one 2 ton split Whirlpool Ac in office. Cooling is pretty good to cool the entire room at 24 itself.

Have you guys heard about an Ac called Amtrex? It was the best say around 10 years back here. We had one in our office which lasted absolutely trouble free for 6 years.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Just stumbled upon this useful thread. Wish if I had come across it much before. After thorough research, bought home the 1.5 Ton LG Vogue Window Air-conditioner. The cooling is up to the satisfaction levels. Didn't consider Voltas because of the fear of catching fire (Read Tata). Just kidding. And yes, agree that General is arguably the best. Slightly expensive but worth it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

What about Blue star guys? Nobody using it?

Also just purchased another Whirlpool 0.8ton AC in another room at home. Cooling is perfect , its a small room though!

I have a 1.5 ton Samsung split(3 yrs old). Cool is decent but it also has all the annoying tones.

1. Wall power outlet turned on, one tone
2. Switch on the a/c from standby mode, another tone
3. Increase/Decrease temp or touch any other button on remote, again a tone
4. Switch a/c back to standby mode, again a tone.

I lost the manual, wanted to check if there is a mute option available, cooling wise its not the best but yes, pretty decent.

Top Bottom