Which Head-Unit for Swift?

You are welcome Mr. SAM. Pls check in your area and before buying pls check for the features as per your requirement.

It does not have cd or dvd. You will be able to play either FM or thru USB or thru your mp3 player/phone via aux-in. I thought of telling you this again.

Sethu
Hello Mr. Sethu,
Thanks for the Advice Bro!!!! Appreciate it. Boss now a days it is only USB, Aux In via Ipod or Other devices. There is no more CD or DVD's man! I have checked everywhere. all use USB and Aux In. Even now a days it is hard to get Empty CDs and DVD's in Mangalore. Even i asked one Shop Keeper for Computer Peripheries Outlets. He told me that the market is down for CD'd and DVD's and he has USB and Portable Hard Drives which is demand.
Also when we buy Music Online in amazon.com or elsewhere, it is MP3 Mode and you can store it directly to the USB when it is downloaded at 100% Pure sound. Again when you try to copy it to a CD, the volume and clarity decreases in order to curb piracy! So i use USB's. Transfer from USB to Portable Hard Drive, there is no problem. BUT CDS AND DVDS-Problem Brother.
Anna, i have checked out the JBL GT - 555. It is 6990 INR with Bill & Warranty. Its got everything including CD Player. But i will go for your selection - JBL - GT - 333 which also has everything but it costs 4500 INR with Bill & Warranty. It is okay Dude! ALL CREDIT GOES TO YOU SETHU.

Thanks Once Again. When i get my Car. I have to fit the EVO 15" Alloys and 205/55/R15 Alloys and then the Music System. I will post the Snaps. I am attaching the Alloys which i have already given the Advance.(Otherwise it will get sold out and 205 Tires hard to get - Yokohoma S Drives).

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks Bro. Enjoy the Music.

Yes you were right Now a days No CDs, DVDs etc. Actually Even I wanted to go for such kind of system [ I think its called Mech less, since there is no mechanism for rolling DVD/CD ] for my car also [ Spark LS LPG ] But I wanted to go on with Video since my earlier car [ M800 ] had JVC DVD player with roof top LCD screen and my kids wanted LCD screen in this car also.

But un fortunately, this kind of system which supports video also was available only in the brand DAPIC. Some how I have found the local vendor in chennai and even talked to him.

I think he was a whole seller and additionally he could not even remember the models and rates for those modes. Every time I call him, he will say that he is in bank or at home and he will ask me to call after some time so that he can check with his employees and tell me the rate. I tried nearly for 3 - 4 days and finally I got annoyed with his response.

So I just droped the idea and went for HU with DVD, USB, AU-in and FM which costs me around Rs5500.

The following was the details

Head Unit - Xenos - Xcite- XCT-DVU-165 (Rs. 5500)
Front Speakers - Hollywood - 4" Speakers (Rs.550)
Rear Speakers - Pioneer - TS G923 250w Max (Rs. 2500)
Rear Parcel Tray - Specially cut for LPG (Rs.500)
Reverse Horn - (Rs.150)
Reverse Camera - (Rs.1500)
White Cabin Light - (Rs.250)
Socket to be connected to music system - (Rs.250)
Cable to LCD screen - (Rs.250)
Installation Charges - (Rs.350)

Total = Rs.11800

Sethu

Thanks Bro. Enjoy the Music.

Yes you were right Now a days No CDs, DVDs etc. Actually Even I wanted to go for such kind of system [ I think its called Mech less, since there is no mechanism for rolling DVD/CD ] for my car also [ Spark LS LPG ] But I wanted to go on with Video since my earlier car [ M800 ] had JVC DVD player with roof top LCD screen and my kids wanted LCD screen in this car also.

But un fortunately, this kind of system which supports video also was available only in the brand DAPIC. Some how I have found the local vendor in chennai and even talked to him.

I think he was a whole seller and additionally he could not even remember the models and rates for those modes. Every time I call him, he will say that he is in bank or at home and he will ask me to call after some time so that he can check with his employees and tell me the rate. I tried nearly for 3 - 4 days and finally I got annoyed with his response.

So I just droped the idea and went for HU with DVD, USB, AU-in and FM which costs me around Rs5500.

The following was the details

Head Unit - Xenos - Xcite- XCT-DVU-165 (Rs. 5500)
Front Speakers - Hollywood - 4" Speakers (Rs.550)
Rear Speakers - Pioneer - TS G923 250w Max (Rs. 2500)
Rear Parcel Tray - Specially cut for LPG (Rs.500)
Reverse Horn - (Rs.150)
Reverse Camera - (Rs.1500)
White Cabin Light - (Rs.250)
Socket to be connected to music system - (Rs.250)
Cable to LCD screen - (Rs.250)
Installation Charges - (Rs.350)

Total = Rs.11800

Sethu
Hello Anna,
Greetings for the day Bro. Boss you had mentioned about the Reverse Camera for parking. Boss what is this? Now can i view the Camera - I mean should i have a screen? Now a days i have heard that the Screen is stuck to ur Center Rear View Mirror? Is it true. How much will the whole set cost Anna? U had mentioned Rs 1500? Is it for the Camera Alone or for everything? We have three cars in my House. It will be congested. I dont want to damage the other cars u know. I feel i must have these. I have to manage my budget too. Already spending 43,000 INR for the Alloys and Yokohama S Drives + 30,000 Plus INR for the Music System. I wanted to know more abt the camera boss?
Please help me out Anna. Thanks a lot for ur advise. Appreciate it boss. Please Anna i needed the Model Number and the Name of Equipment as well!! Because i know this is not to be seen in our place Mangalore. Also i would like to know whee to mount the camera. I am afraid of the Bumper. can it be placed on the Roof??
I beleieve you are from Chennai? I have a Flat in chennai. it is AshokNagar near Ashoka Pillar. I studied my 10 to 12th Standard in Chennai when my Father was posted there. Good to hear from people of Chennai. had lots of friends there

Peace Brother & God Bless[thumbsup]

Hello Anna,
Greetings for the day Bro. Boss you had mentioned about the Reverse Camera for parking. Boss what is this? Now can i view the Camera - I mean should i have a screen? Now a days i have heard that the Screen is stuck to ur Center Rear View Mirror? Is it true.

The rear view camera will be fit back side of your car. You view the camera images thru screen.

Concept of rear view camera
Rear view Concept.jpg

This can be four different types.

• A seperate screen will be fit on your dash board
  • If you have a Double din Music system with LCD screen, camera can be connected to it.
  • A LCD screen/with reard view mirror
  • Other wise your regular roof mounted LCD screen can be connected to it.
Type 1 - Screen on dash board​

rear view LCD screen - Dash board.jpg

Type 2 - Double Din
rear view LCD screen - Double Din.jpg

Type 3 - Mirror type
rear view LCD screen - Mirror type.jpg

Type 4 - Roof Mounted [ My Car ]

First two options are good and without any hinderance to your regular rear view. The camera images can be viewed without any additional effort just like that. As soon as the reverse gear is engaged automatically the images can be viewed.

Third option also good as the first two option. When the camera is on the images can be seen in LCD screen, otherwise it can be viewed as rear view mirror. U just have to attach it to the rear view mirror. But I was told that the rear view visibility may not be good. I do not have any idea about it.

The fourth option is what you had heard. You can not see the rear view mirror when the screen is unfolded. And more over when ever you want to see the images of rear view camera you have to unfold the screen. Some time u might forget about it. [ I am suffering of that since I have the same type]

How much will the whole set cost Anna? U had mentioned Rs 1500? Is it for the Camera Alone or for everything?
The amount mentioned by me Rs.1500 was only for camera. Actually i was suggested to spend some Rs.3.5 for Camera and 3 inch dash board screen. Due to cost constraint and also I had planned for a roof mounted LCD screen which I had in my earlier car I did not go for that option.

We have three cars in my House. It will be congested. I dont want to damage the other cars u know. I feel i must have these. I have to manage my budget too.
I think it would be better to have parking sensors also if you are keen about that. But it is a suggestion.

Already spending 43,000 INR for the Alloys and Yokohama S Drives + 30,000 Plus INR for the Music System. I wanted to know more abt the camera boss?
I think you can make it just spending another 3k to 4k and have a decent one. Hope other members also can vouche for it. Just tell me onle thing. What kind of HU you are planning?

Please help me out Anna. Thanks a lot for ur advise. Appreciate it boss. Please Anna i needed the Model Number and the Name of Equipment as well!! Because i know this is not to be seen in our place Mangalore.
Sorry Bro. I forgot to note down the model and name.

Also i would like to know whee to mount the camera. I am afraid of the Bumper. can it be placed on the Roof??
No. I dont think it can be fit in roof. atleast I have not seen except the Volvo AC busses in chennai.
It will be fitted in the Bumber [surprise].. But I dont think u need to worry about it. even if yuo go for parking sensors it will be also fited in bumper only.

Camera in My Car

I beleieve you are from Chennai? I have a Flat in chennai. it is AshokNagar near Ashoka Pillar. I studied my 10 to 12th Standard in Chennai when my Father was posted there. Good to hear from people of Chennai. had lots of friends there
Peace Brother & God Bless[thumbsup]
yes I live closer to that place, In vadapalani only.

Last edited:
It is really good one. We have installed the same unit in my friends car. In his santro (7 yrs old) he was having sony set with tape recorder mechanism. It was not working properly and he was using the unit only for FM. Then I suggested him about this kind of mp3 player unit. We went to the famous shop in habibulla road, chennai and fixed the following
  • JBL X333 (Rs.2900) (it has detachable front panel which might be userful also)
  • pioneer 240w speaker (Rs.2500)
  • Parcel tray (Rs.250) he had earlier speaker in the boxex fitted in the sides
The system effect is good. It has ORANGE color display. He was not happy about that alone. And we little be struggled to find the Switch ON/Off button and finally we found that by pressing the volume knob continiously it will swtich off/on the system.
Hai Sethu,
were you get this JBL X333 at this price can u please guide me to install Audio System in my car
Thanx in Advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom