Which Head-Unit for Swift?

Thread Starter #1
i have recently purchased a swift 2007. The owner has lost the panel of the player. Can i get a basic music system for 3000, I jus need USB,AUX n FM...

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get JBL X333 easily which is currently retailing at Rs. 2990/-. Here's a pic for reference.

Attachments

I think in this budget JBL is the best bet , if you can increase your budget then you can have a look at Pioneer.

It is really good one. We have installed the same unit in my friends car. In his santro (7 yrs old) he was having sony set with tape recorder mechanism. It was not working properly and he was using the unit only for FM. Then I suggested him about this kind of mp3 player unit. We went to the famous shop in habibulla road, chennai and fixed the following
  • JBL X333 (Rs.2900) (it has detachable front panel which might be userful also)
  • pioneer 240w speaker (Rs.2500)
  • Parcel tray (Rs.250) he had earlier speaker in the boxex fitted in the sides
The system effect is good. It has ORANGE color display. He was not happy about that alone. And we little be struggled to find the Switch ON/Off button and finally we found that by pressing the volume knob continiously it will swtich off/on the system.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
thanks a lot guys, i got JBL X333. And i m very satisfied with it. Thanks again:-)

Hey thanks I will check JBL-GT-X333
Hello Mr. Surfer,
Greetings for the day. Boss, i would like to know how is the JBL Head Unit. I am getting the Delivery for my Maruti Swift VXi - 2012 in the coming week. I wanted to know whether these JBL HU will fit in the slot provided in the VXi for HU. How is the JBL -GT-X555 though Brother?
Please let me know dear! Thanks for your time Bro!

Cheers[cheers]

Hello Mr. Sethumurgan Ji,
Greetings for the day. Boss i would like to know from you how is the JBLL-GT-X333 & 555 HU? Will it fit in the Slot available in the Swift 2012 VXi Model. I am afraid to buy the HU and it doesnt fit. Sorry for the question Bro! This is the first car of my life infact!

Thanks & Awaiting your earliest response Sir.

Cheers[cheers]

Hello Mr. Sethumurgan Ji,
Greetings for the day. Boss i would like to know from you how is the JBLL-GT-X333 & 555 HU? Will it fit in the Slot available in the Swift 2012 VXi Model. I am afraid to buy the HU and it doesnt fit. Sorry for the question Bro! This is the first car of my life infact!

Thanks & Awaiting your earliest response Sir.

Cheers[cheers]
Hi Sam,

First of all congrats on your new car [ and first car ].

I do not know about the other model 555 hu.

Regarding JBL-GT-X333, my friend wanted a good audio system. And also he had some budget like within 3k. I had earlier knows something about audio system just with FM, USB and Aux-in which is cheap also.

We went to a shop here and checked for the unit prices. He had shown something for 1990 which is local one. When i checked for some branded one he had shown us this JBL-GT-X333 set.

It was around Rs.2900 with bill and warranty. The set also look good. So we went for that.

But if you ask me about RCA, channels, whether it can handle amps etc etc, Iam sorry I do not know about that. Even in my car also I do not have those things.

So If u ask me about the system it is really good for a small car. We had two front and two rear speakers in my friends car. It has a remote. If you are not bothered about CD, then this can be good Choice.

At the same time he had shown the same kind in Sony which was around 4 or 5k, am not sure about it.

And regarding the unit for Swift, I think it should fit. My car [Spark] had provision for double din, but I have put only singly din and it has fit perfectly.

And I think you need not worry about that. The car accessories shop wala should be able to guide you about that.

Thanks.

Hi Sam,

First of all congrats on your new car [ and first car ].

I do not know about the other model 555 hu.

Regarding JBL-GT-X333, my friend wanted a good audio system. And also he had some budget like within 3k. I had earlier knows something about audio system just with FM, USB and Aux-in which is cheap also.

We went to a shop here and checked for the unit prices. He had shown something for 1990 which is local one. When i checked for some branded one he had shown us this JBL-GT-X333 set.

It was around Rs.2900 with bill and warranty. The set also look good. So we went for that.

But if you ask me about RCA, channels, whether it can handle amps etc etc, Iam sorry I do not know about that. Even in my car also I do not have those things.

So If u ask me about the system it is really good for a small car. We had two front and two rear speakers in my friends car. It has a remote. If you are not bothered about CD, then this can be good Choice.

At the same time he had shown the same kind in Sony which was around 4 or 5k, am not sure about it.

And regarding the unit for Swift, I think it should fit. My car [Spark] had provision for double din, but I have put only singly din and it has fit perfectly.

And I think you need not worry about that. The car accessories shop wala should be able to guide you about that.

Thanks.
Hello Mr. sethumurugan,
Greetings for the day. Thanks a lot Brother. Really i never expected JBL HU Prices to be so low. After your comments, i checked the review abt the 333 JBL HU. Boss it has everything of my requirment. Rs 2990 with Bill & Warranty is too good Yaar. I had a forced budget of Rs 10,000 Minimum for Pioneer and same specs.
Boss are you sure abt the Warranty and Bill???? I am shocked. I dont mind putting JBL's Dude......... My Rear Speakers are 6 X 9 JBL. My Both Amps are JBL's (4 - Channel & Mono for Sub Woofer). They were all quite a bit of Vitamin M...... Thats why i was away fro JBL HU expecting to be 10,000 Plus...... Frankly.
I will now go and check for JBL GT 333 in Mangalore and come back to you. Thanks Anna!

You Saved my Money Anna & Thanks a Lot [cheers]

You are welcome Mr. SAM. Pls check in your area and before buying pls check for the features as per your requirement.

It does not have cd or dvd. You will be able to play either FM or thru USB or thru your mp3 player/phone via aux-in. I thought of telling you this again.

Sethu

Sam, there are lots of HUs from Pioneer, JVC, which have features like 2-3 RCA outs, AUX/USB, BT Ready / BT enabled in the range of 5-6.5K

I recently checked out JVC KDR826BT. It was quoted for 6.4K and has everything under the sun. Eventually, I have gone for Pioneer DEH528 which costed me around 5.5 K and has 3 RCAs as well. I went for a Garmin Navigation device which gave me the option of BT connectivity.

Top Bottom