• Dish Tv HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Read in 'The Hindu' yesterday about the FIR filed by few people against Tatasky. Tatasky has taken two of the NEO channels off air. So FIR is filed by some NGO for not providing the service even if they have paid for 1 year. Tatasky might have demanded a huge sum to keep NEO channels in their platform !

Guyz I believe tata sky and airtel are the 2 best services available. I use tata sky and always get excellent customer care support. Similalry some of my apartment flats use airtel which is equally good.

Never go for sun, I changed from them to tata sky due to poor customer support.

Read in 'The Hindu' yesterday about the FIR filed by few people against Tatasky. Tatasky has taken two of the NEO channels off air. So FIR is filed by some NGO for not providing the service even if they have paid for 1 year. Tatasky might have demanded a huge sum to keep NEO channels in their platform !
AFAIK this case.

it was about yearly subscribers given the assurance that all new channels will be added free of cost.

this case they are asking 60 bucks pm for star world premiere HD.
the logic given is they remove 2 channels form neo and addition of two new channels in star world premiere HD and Ten HD. so they should be given the star world premiere Hd for free by their offer.

but tata sky has placed the channels in specials to avoid giving it for free to others.

AFAIK this case.

it was about yearly subscribers given the assurance that all new channels will be added free of cost.

this case they are asking 60 bucks pm for star world premiere HD.
the logic given is they remove 2 channels form neo and addition of two new channels in star world premiere HD and Ten HD. so they should be given the star world premiere Hd for free by their offer.

but tata sky has placed the channels in specials to avoid giving it for free to others.
Well, even Videocon provides it as a special channel:)

Well, even Videocon provides it as a special channel:)
the logic was they took off two channels neo ones.
and then added those two channels ten HD and Star world premiere HD.

so by the virtue of channel count for tata sky users, they feel they are supposed to get the new channels free.

videocon still has the neo channels available.

I am a dish tv customer from last 4years. To be honest I did not face any issues. Thought their packages are a little stupid ( So is for all other DTH providers)

Tata Sky : It has got a very good branding and hence lot of people will recommend it to you
Videocon: Considered the cheapest , Please do package to package comparison
Dish Tv: One of the oldest but does not have high brand equity
Air tel : Good brand image
Big Tv : Nothing Big

Let me tell you, there is no major differentiation in these DTH companies. You should select the DTH service providers whose service is good in your area.
The package to package comparison is a pain, you can do it but I don't know how much savings it will derive
But try to check with fellow neighbors about the service or it becomes a big pain

Thread Starter #157
Airtel has added a MTunes HD in their HD package, but not activated.

Channel no 391.

One more thing Airtel has unlocked Star sports 2, ESPN, Star Sports, Star Cricket all SD channels.

Which was not part of South super saver base pack. Now these are active without my subscription.

What kind of programs does this MTunes channel has?

Will call and enquire with them on why this has not been activated, I am already with their HD package.

One Kannada news channel Public TV is now on airtel.

Now airtel has almost all the channels of Kannada.

^ Mtunes is related with bollywood Music primarily.
the advantage being it is the only HD music channel for the content.

Saw one page adv on The Hindu about change in names of channels as
Star sports 1, star sports 2, star sports 3, star sports 4, HD1 Star sports , HD2 Star sports & Starsports.com (7 channels) ! Is it renaming ESPN too ? Now finding programs will be more difficult.

Change is unavoidable , right ? So, no comments :)

yes fox network took over espn which was owned by disney earlier.
And renaming thing is logical since we have seen hockey and soccer matches being carried by star cricket hd.
Star sports 3 is basically star cricket sd kept for all content in hindi.
Espn should be star sports 4 and espn Hd as star sports hd 2

Thread Starter #161
New--------- Old
Star sports 1 - Star sports.
Star sports 2 - Star sports 2(No change).
Star sports 3 - Star Cricket .
Star sports 4- ESPN.

Star Sports HD1 - Star Cricket HD.
Star Sports HD2 - ESPN HD.

Hope this helped.

All these channels have been included in my base pack, that's why in my previous post I had mentioned that ESPN, Star Cricket Sd were part of base pack since a week ago.

MTunes HD video music channel?

Is it worth the subscription?

Thread Starter #162
Subscribed to Mtunes HD.

Airtel was silent on this pack, telling me that this is available only for 15 days and then its chargeable.

I said i can see 18 HD packs worth 175 on my Airtel app.

Then she had to just oblige and activated this pack without further questions.

So guys go for it for the same price.

Btw my mom likes the channel, and already glued to the TV.
image.jpg

Last edited:
New--------- Old
Star sports 1 - Star sports.
Star sports 2 - Star sports 2(No change).
Star sports 3 - Star Cricket .
Star sports 4- ESPN.

Star Sports HD1 - Star Cricket HD.
Star Sports HD2 - ESPN HD.

Hope this helped.

All these channels have been included in my base pack, that's why in my previous post I had mentioned that ESPN, Star Cricket Sd were part of base pack since a week ago.

MTunes HD video music channel?

Is it worth the subscription
?

Mtunes is just another music channel, I do not find it much different from any other normal music channels
So I don't think one should waste money on it

Thread Starter #164
Mtunes is just another music channel, I do not find it much different from any other normal music channels
So I don't think one should waste money on it
Hmm.. I have already subscribed to that and its included in the package what i was paying earlier.

Only thing was the plan had to be stopped and i had to switch to the new plan.

As you can see in my previous post.

My mom watches the channel, so worth it for her.

Hi Mukesh Ji !!

I am also using Airtel Digital TV Hd for past a month. I just want to know how to activate channels in internet. Say for Eg today my subscription is getting over and i have a balance of 500rs in my a/c so how to get activate it or i do have to subscribe the packs using their CC no ?

Top Bottom