Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good to hear this Superbad.

Any favorite seasons of yours being aired in this channel.

Airtel is mum on this channel, no reply from their end atleast.
dont know if it is available at extra costs or not.
got a sms to choose it for extra 60 bucks

i see it for now for no costs

the delay from the US broadcast is of 24 hours.

the series i watch on it.

white collar s05
How i met your mother s09
person of interest s03

marvel agents of shield
homeland s03
simpsons s25
two and a half men s11

will watch blacklist later

there are episodes of sleepy hollow , MOM, trophy wife, betrayal, lucky7, devious maids , michaels j. fox presents etc. but i dont feel the urge to watch all of them right away.

I paid 8600 for yearly subscription on tata sky thinking star world premier HD will automatically be added but had to pay 500 more for annual channel.subscription [anger]
[surprise]

8.6k is quite steep.

i paid 5.57k for yearly subscription which gave me 50 days more subscription alongwith 175 cashback for paying it on their website.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
[surprise]

8.6k is quite steep.

i paid 5.57k for yearly subscription which gave me 50 days more subscription alongwith 175 cashback for paying it on their website.
2200 is for secondary connection. Then videocon is less expensive than tata sky.

6400 for annual mega hd pack. All channels and just for 365 days.

But they offer 6 free movies per year + all tata sky active service. Cooking, games, music etc.

Last edited:
well today , the have disabled star world premiere HD.

so it should be available if i pay rs 60 monthly or 500 annually.

beats the purpose since my parents watch it more frequently than me and they hate english TV series [cry]

so gonna let it pass.

also i source them in HD regardless . convenience of watching it at my time, no ads etc, no compromise.

my DEN ADN has stopped giving star cricket in English, hate listening to kapil Dev and company in hindi :banghead: i called their CC and issued a complaint but seems no one listens. as a result i stopped watching champions trophy. currently paying Rs 400 for 2 tv's and seems i will have to shift at least one tv from Den's set top box.

will wait for Australia series to start and if they do not offer English commentary, am gonna shift to DTH.

everyone is praising Tata sky though i would be interested in which ever company offers the max HD channels to go with my Sony 40" LED. I am not into serials etc except Bigg Boss but yes do watch English movies and News. I wont be using the record function.

any suggestions.

my DEN ADN has stopped giving star cricket in English, hate listening to kapil Dev and company in hindi :banghead: i called their CC and issued a complaint but seems no one listens. as a result i stopped watching champions trophy. currently paying Rs 400 for 2 tv's and seems i will have to shift at least one tv from Den's set top box.

will wait for Australia series to start and if they do not offer English commentary, am gonna shift to DTH.

everyone is praising Tata sky though i would be interested in which ever company offers the max HD channels to go with my Sony 40" LED. I am not into serials etc except Bigg Boss but yes do watch English movies and News. I wont be using the record function.

any suggestions.
max HD channels =30 dishtv. service below par, cost wise is expensive too.
next to max HD channels =22 +1 addon(star world premiereHD@60). is videocon d2H. you get discounts on multiroom connections.

then tata sky= subscription costs are higher plus newer connection will have an HD access fee= rs. 60 plus add ons.
service is good but it does a nice way of weather prediction( goes blank before heavy rains since it still uses mpeg2 tech. the channels are running over capacity for mpeg2. make sense to go for it when they switch to mepg4)

airtel HD=service is variable. channels are added or removed as per their whims.
only good thing is the AIO remote)

reliance DTH sold their service to sun. not much idea about them.

do a comparo of the impending costs depending upon the channels you choose.

if you need only specific channels choose with tata sky or airtel.

if you need max channels without spending much, videocon d2h.

thanks for the analysis superbad.
you cleared a lot of queries for me

my basic requirement is all cricket channels + English movies channels. so would basic + packs for these 2 suffice my requirement ? or does it still make sense to go for the platinum HD packs price wise?

Recently the trend in Hyderabad after the rule of set top box compulsory, more people are switching to the cable again, the reasons

1. With the set top box the channels clarity improved than earlier
2. They get all most all required channels of all languages and categories for Rs.150/- per month where as with DTH they have subscribe and unsubscribe most of the channels depending on their need
3. Most of the DTH people have made more channels as paid with were free under a particular package.

thanks for the analysis superbad.
you cleared a lot of queries for me

my basic requirement is all cricket channels + English movies channels. so would basic + packs for these 2 suffice my requirement ? or does it still make sense to go for the platinum HD packs price wise?
if videocon d2h , then gold HD will give you all HD sports channels and HD movies channels(22 total) without star world premiere HD for about 385pm.

i dont know if you still want HBO, pix, WB etc as they are still in SD.
if you want them , platinum HD will suffice.

else choose those packages among tata sky, airtel or dishtv.

can t really compare, but as far as i know all channel pack of tata sky would cost around excess of 530 in TS, and around 600+ with HBO hitz and defined on dishtv since they are a-la-carte priced @ 100pm.

Recently the trend in Hyderabad after the rule of set top box compulsory, more people are switching to the cable again, the reasons

1. With the set top box the channels clarity improved than earlier
2. They get all most all required channels of all languages and categories for Rs.150/- per month where as with DTH they have subscribe and unsubscribe most of the channels depending on their need
3. Most of the DTH people have made more channels as paid with were free under a particular package.
it is the same with set top boxes like DEN, earlier they gave all channels. I have their most expensive plan - all channel plan (Rs 250 inclusive of taxes) :tongue: + 150 for the 2nd STB.

But recently few channels like Headlines Today, all UTV channels , sahara channels (i never watched it but still) went missing. on inquiring from my local cable guy, he told me I would have to pay extra for these eg, HT is Rs 10/month + taxes.. Dont know why they call it all channel plan.

in short they bait you with all and then slowly start removing so that you pay extra.

it is the same with set top boxes like DEN, earlier they gave all channels. I have their most expensive plan - all channel plan (Rs 250 inclusive of taxes) :tongue: + 150 for the 2nd STB.

But recently few channels like Headlines Today, all UTV channels , sahara channels (i never watched it but still) went missing. on inquiring from my local cable guy, he told me I would have to pay extra for these eg, HT is Rs 10/month + taxes.. Dont know why they call it all channel plan.

in short they bait you with all and then slowly start removing so that you pay extra.
That is bad from the Cable guy, but I am using them since last 10 years and we never had such problems so far and get all popular channels and all regional channels with the package, since this Set top box thing came into place recently and we may have surprises soon from the cable buy[:)]

That is bad from the Cable guy, but I am using them since last 10 years and we never had such problems so far and get all popular channels and all regional channels with the package, since this Set top box thing came into place recently and we may have surprises soon from the cable buy[:)]
cable guys are told by the govt to make consumers choose for individual channels and avoid all channel package. this is made compulsory. hence whenever compulsory STB will come in your city , you will face the same problems.

also activation from cable guy is not quick as the DTH operators.
it takes them atleast 24 hours to activate, whereas dth services can be added / removed online and they show up within a minute.

plus they have cashback schemes from sites like paytm, freecharge who also share discount coupons along with those recharges, so the added costs if any is recovered very quickly.

cable guys have the advantage to provide cheap and fast broadband. unless they do that they are not going to find any favours to shift from dth platform

Last edited:
Tata Sky is upgrading its channels to MPEG4, and has aldded close to 12/13 new Malayalam channels. After all channels move to MPEG4, they will have a lot of bandwidth to add new channels.

Due to this, they are also replacing old SD set top boxes for free. The old boxes were MPEG2 and will not support MPEG4 channels. You can also get the GHD settop box during this free upgrade period for 999.

You generally receive an SMS asking if you want to update your STB, and then you can choose to either get the free update or uupgrade to HD STB.

If you have not received the SMS , you can fool them.
Just send Y to 56633 from your registered mobile number. :)

My Cable (Hathway) guys started charging 230RS instead of 200RS earlier.
Reasons:
The govt & hathway got all the registration details or the STB will be deactivated. This cable guys have to pay 180RS to Hathway per connection than the 120RS before.

I think slowly they will also change to 'selection mode'. Choose what ever channels you want to watch.

Recently many channels went missing from Hathway and lots of useless(may be for me)got added.

Top Bottom