• Dish Tv HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
airtel is going great. I use airtel and quite happy with the performance. also during making the decision, airtel had the max number of supported HD channels, which was a big factor in going for it.
not quite accurate bro.
If just the HD count is taken into consideration Dish tv is the leader with 30HD channels.
With channels to cost ratio videocon still leads the pack.

Thread Starter #122
somany channels are missing in our hathway box . Star plus , star movies, Good times, asianet network channels and many more. Any one face the same in Bangalore?
Appus i think your operator was swift to implement new STB.

Even our cable STB is not working, and we have to buy another one for 900, with exchange to old STB for 500.

Now only Airtel is working with limited channels.

The new STB is from All Digital, a portuguese company from the outer box.

Quality of box seems to be plasticky.
But seems to be better hardware, will have to check with the cable operator.

As you had reported, gradually they decreased the channels.

And now the STB is waste.

The newer ones have an CAS like DTH.

Which needs to be activated within 15 days by the cable operator.

Now will have to go for new one, as the old one from CISCO is 3 years old without CAS.

The new STB boasts to provide 1000 channels all in 225/- per month.

Do update the status from your end, on the STB.

As i am thinking to go for one by tomorrow.

Thanks Mukesh.
Will check with the cable guys . They actually said it was just for two days. Now it is more than a week. NDTV is missing. Hate to watch Times now which is available. Star network is totally missing. Sony channels are there. Many movies (english) are missing.
Will update . Thanks again

Thread Starter #124
Thanks Mukesh.
Will check with the cable guys . They actually said it was just for two days. Now it is more than a week. NDTV is missing. Hate to watch Times now which is available. Star network is totally missing. Sony channels are there. Many movies (english) are missing.
Will update . Thanks again
Hi appus, finally cable STB was delivered today, it's not 1000 channels.
Currently 194 channels are there.

NDTV 24X7 is not there. though NDTV good times is there.

All ther channels will be there in another 10 days as they have not configured the channels.

Which will be done once all the area is digitised.

Hi appus, finally cable STB was delivered today, it's not 1000 channels.
Currently 194 channels are there.

NDTV 24X7 is not there. though NDTV good times is there.

All ther channels will be there in another 10 days as they have not configured the channels.

Which will be done once all the area is digitised.
Mukesh,
update from my side. Went to cable guys today.
They said, digital people (may be hathway) are asking 165rs per connection/month for those channels. Since they are not ready to pay 165rs, they took off those channels. Now they have agreed for a lesser price. By tomorrow, they may reinstate the channels it seems.

Hope to see other channels soon ! will update once we get all the channels !

Yesterday night around 9.30, most of the channels started coming back one by one. Star Plus, zee tv, National GEO, Star World , ndtv profit etc.. and took some time to see NDTV Back.

Now also Asianet , Asianet Plus, HBO, CNN (not cnn ibn) and few other channels says - Service is blocked. Hope they come back ! (Asianet Suvarna (Kannada) is back)

My STB had a problem of scrambled channels. So gave it for repair.(They gave a temporary one) Initially they said no problem. Now, they showed me another piece with full of scratches / dirt and says 'motherboard' is gone. cant repair. I asked them for my stb than someone else. They raised the voice. I finally told them 'Show me after switching on'. They said 'it wont switch on, it is completely dead'. I really got mad. They were trying to sell a new box saying my box is dead. When i gave, it was switching on and it was kind of brand new (look wise). Now, they are giving some dead box ! They might have repaired the other and might have given to some one else. Now, they have written my name on it and says 'see your name is written' !! I came out thinking I will talk to their boss. IF they insist , i may go for some DTH connection. I cant tolerate someone cheating me !

All the channels are back ! CNN, HBO, Asianet etc. Looks like they may increase from monthly 200 to 225 or 250 in couple of months !

Anybody tried the new tata sky android app ?
Its works brilliant - makes your phone a tv remote now if your phone and tata sky box are connected to the same wifi/internet connection. I quite liked the way they have neatly integrated it. Most remote functions can be done from the phone itself, immensely useful for lazy buggers:tongue: !

will post a screenshot later!

^ lol that faking news is funny. But if Tata sky is bad with the rains i dont know what to go for as my Bungalow is in an isolated place & a Dth is needed as the 4 to 5 year(at present) Dish tv is messing up & loosing channels everyday.
So i decided to go for tata Sky(not hd) with multi tv connection option cos there will be two tv's.
Is there a possibility that we can have the receiver put to a bigger better quality dish to get better signal?????I have a 10 year old dish which is of top notch quality(6 ft wide,not mesh type),it was provided by Star network for only there channels(some 20 channels).Charges were 11000 per annum in 2002,so the equipment also was top notch.So is there any way i can use that dish for the Dth?

In Bangalore the cable operator set top box(pace brand) is updating & changing its channel list every day & what is more annoying is all the Indian channels are loud at barely half volume & International channels are heard only at full volume. So decide to change channels well then you will wake up the neighborhood[sleep]:eek:

@ Prads,
Technically speaking, you can use the same dish if pointed towards right direction. My cousin using my dishtv box on his old BIG 10ft dish ! (he got from some old cable operator).

BTW, you got a Bungalow @ isolated place ! When are we hosting a TAI meet @ your Bungalow [;)]

@ Prads,
Technically speaking, you can use the same dish if pointed towards right direction. My cousin using my dishtv box on his old BIG 10ft dish ! (he got from some old cable operator).
Then i will have the installer check out the old dish & see if they can make use of it since it will have two receivers for two tvs i guess it should work well.Its still in super condition with no rust(visibly). Where as the Zee Dish tv is rusted with no top layer.
BTW, you got a Bungalow @ isolated place ! When are we hosting a TAI meet @ your Bungalow
OT- Ha ha the idea did occur to me long ago,but i felt the 240 km distance from Bangalore would be too much for many so an over night stay would be advised but at the moment the place is not cut out to handle a meet,but maybe under 20 individuals then possible.
Place is slated for a 2 step renovation,maybe after the first step renovation is done a meet can be hosted. Am expanding the place to enjoy the place more in the monsoon like increasing the shelter around so rain does not splash much & adding Solar power packages[cheers] (PV Panels) so the power cuts wont ruin my mood during summer & Monsoon .
Many of the Tai's on my FB friends list have an idea of the place though.

Last edited:
updated my videocon d2h HD to platinumHD subscription with a yearly pack.

got 175 rs cashback and 50 days added more for a long term recharge.

Thread Starter #135
well star world premiere HD added on videocon D2H without any additional costs. yipee

[:D]
Good to hear this Superbad.

Any favorite seasons of yours being aired in this channel.

Airtel is mum on this channel, no reply from their end atleast.

Top Bottom