• Dish Tv HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi there rightnow, it's not that I am discouraging gurrala not to go for HD STB.
He needs a home theatre to get the clarity of sound for what he is going to pay.
Having a HD STB without Home theatre will not reveal the true potential of what his TV and HD STB can deliver.
Home theatre can be thought later on. As of now, the primary purpose of TV which is 'visual' should be served. For daily soaps and Indian movies, a Home theatre is rudimentary in general.

@Right now
Yes, I got the same doubt after reading post from SB, because of members suggestion I have bought full HD TV, so I need to see some HD content on that to justify its selection.
Now my cable fellow with the digital set top box, do not offer any HD channels, but he says after I install that set top box, the channels will increase and the content will look more like HD
Just by pass the set top box and get a Tata Sky or any reputed HD connection. Your family will thank you for that.

Just to let you know, I have Airtel which has 15 HD channels, for a monthly charges of 490 Rs. Other packages are for 12 HD channels, 9 HD channels for around 400 and 300 respectively (as far as I remember).

Keep in mind that you select suitable service provider which shows your favorite channels in HD.

@Right now

Any way I have to buy a set top box from the cable operator before 31st march, where he says clarity will be like DTH/HD. So I will inspect this with my neibhours who has already installed this STB and if I am satisfied then I will go with it as our monthly cable charges are Rs.150 for 200 channels(I do not need to search one) which includes all our regional channels. If that is not satisfying then I will get back to the thread for research on good DTH connection with HD channels

if you are happy with the option of 100-200 pm , i would suggest stay with it.

in here we have no option from cable operators where they charge around 400 bucks pm now, so we opted with HD set top box.
this gave us better clarity, low hassles, and by means of online recharges discounts too.

@mukesh,
Hathway (the cables in our area -pesit) got HD Setup Box as well. It costs 5000RS for the box with 1 year subscription free.
The HD Channels available are

Star Movies HD
Movies Now HD
Zee Studio HD
Zee Cinemas HD
Start Gold HD
Ten HD
ESPN HD
Start Cricket HD
Sony Six HD
Star Plus HD
Colors HD
Zee TV HD
Sony HD
Start World HD
CNBC Prime HD
National Geographic HD (NGC)
History TV 18 HD
Discovery HD
Travel XP HD
M Tunes HD

You still need to pay 200 rs per month as your basic monthly rental .

After one year you have to pay for the HD Channels.

@Gurrala,
Suggest you to check with your cable operator for HD Box

As per my knowledge, no operator other than cable guys giving these many HD channels ! (20 of them)

If you have hathway, check this link http://www.hathway.com/cable-tv/channel-list.php

Last edited:
@Gurrala,
Suggest you to check with your cable operator for HD Box

As per my knowledge, no operator other than cable guys giving these many HD channels ! (20 of them)
Even our cable is also from hathway, I will check for that HD box with them. You package looks to be great buddy

@Right now

Any way I have to buy a set top box from the cable operator before 31st march, where he says clarity will be like DTH/HD. So I will inspect this with my neibhours who has already installed this STB and if I am satisfied then I will go with it as our monthly cable charges are Rs.150 for 200 channels(I do not need to search one) which includes all our regional channels. If that is not satisfying then I will get back to the thread for research on good DTH connection with HD channels
Yep, check with your friend if the clarity is good enough. If 200 p/m is the price, then its worth going for the local set top box even if the clarity is marginally lower than digital HD.

@Right now

Yes, that is the intention to go with cable fellow as you do not need to break your head for your favourite channels and any time if starcricket is not there then he will add it if ESPN is required he will add. So it is always value for money preposition and present clarity is also good and with the STB it further improves, so I will have to see that. even they is a HD box offer from hathway too !!

Nice to see the output of 'jumping in' [:)]

Off Topic:
But seeing no update about your phone purcahse in other thread ! Are you lost somewhere because of too many recommendations ?

Nice to see the output of 'jumping in' [:)]

Off Topic:
But seeing no update about your phone purcahse in other thread ! Are you lost somewhere because of too many recommendations ?
Hhahahahaha, nothing like that, more than words something else should speak now, so wait for a sweat post there[:)] I just gave some rest to the members as I am concerned of the good health of my friends here[lol]

checked now. thanks. platinum costs almost 500RS per month ! That is quite a lot :)

Thanks again for the update
it is 461 rs pm.

plus if you opt for longer period recharges the overall costs reduce.

compared to other DTH players videocon is vfm.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #105
Yes its a different level, but damn Airtel[frustration].

Some how satisfied with SD, for next TV surely it would be Videocon HD.

This is the pic of transmission on Cisco Cable STB, our's is from You Telecom.

Sorry for the low clarity, shaky pics as i clicked them in single hand.
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

11.jpg

For 225 per month, i get almost all the channels except CBS Prime, Fox Crime, CBS Love, Star Sports 2.

Top Bottom