• Dish Tv HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has airtel added two more channels to its HD list, today was just changing channels.
I can see Zee Studio HD and Sony Six HD.
it's telling to subscribe will contact CC and will try to know more.
videocon d2h has added life ok HD in their HD pack.

i am on the gold HD pack now @ 323 rs.

i get 22HD channels. along with all regular hindi channels.

by new year travel xp HD is going to be added too.

But I am with their HD Plus package which I was told that all the HD channels will be added to this package at no extra cost.
Ohh is that so.
I have the HD connection which I am using for first two months basically for free. I was also told that all HD channels will be free for these two months.

May be you won't be charged anything as per the rule. I just spoke to CC, they say I will have to pay!!

Thread Starter #63
videocon d2h has added life ok HD in their HD pack.

i am on the gold HD pack now @ 323 rs.

i get 22HD channels. along with all regular hindi channels.

by new year travel xp HD is going to be added too.
Oh that's great buddy.
Ohh is that so.
I have the HD connection which I am using for first two months basically for free. I was also told that all HD channels will be free for these two months.

May be you won't be charged anything as per the rule. I just spoke to CC, they say I will have to pay!!
Let's see will make a call tomorrow.
Let them update their website, then will check with them.

Mtunes HD recently started on Tata Sky(perhaps others too ) - i think its the first music hd channel with 5.1 sound ?

I think I may have to go for a DTH HD soon as the cable operator says within next few months we need to have a digital set top box in hyderabad will cost me something around Rs.6000/-.

So which is the best time where DTH people announce their offers

Who is best in quality and less pricing monthly package and also while buying

^VFM =videocon d2h HD

best in service but costly its a tie between airtel and tatasky (both HD)

regional peferences in south may go for sun DTH.

ideally it should be the same for use with all operators.

in practice though, all set top boxes are locked to their respective cable operators/DTH operators.

the set topbox in principle is the same machine.

just that cable operators provide a wired connection to the set top box whereas the DTH provides it wirelessly.

ideally it should be the same for use with all operators.

in practice though, all set top boxes are locked to their respective cable operators/DTH operators.

the set topbox in principle is the same machine.

just that cable operators provide a wired connection to the set top box whereas the DTH provides it wirelessly.
I mean to ask you that

If that rule of digital channels in mumbai and delhi means a digital set topbox and a DTH provider box or only one ??[:)]

I mean to ask you that

If that rule of digital channels in mumbai and delhi means a digital set topbox and a DTH provider box or only one ??[:)]
both are the same thing.
The only difference was analog cable was available though cable operators which did not give the government the actual number of subscribers using cable tv.
This resulting in loss of service tax to the govt.
Dth providers provide that by default.

Hence the stress to digitise cable tv.

both are the same thing.
The only difference was analog cable was available though cable operators which did not give the government the actual number of subscribers using cable tv.
This resulting in loss of service tax to the govt.
Dth providers provide that by default.
Hence the stress to digitise cable tv.
Hey thanks for the 'service tax' info Superbad. So, in summary

Set top box- from DTH service providers like tata sky, airtel etc., wirelessly
Set Top box- from local gable guy, wired

How do cable guys provide HD channels? I don't think they do it yet.

Hey thanks for the 'service tax' info Superbad. So, in summary

Set top box- from DTH service providers like tata sky, airtel etc., wirelessly
Set Top box- from local gable guy, wired

How do cable guys provide HD channels? I don't think they do it yet.
in mumbai atleast all cable operators provide HD channels.

prices are not much different form DTH operators.

they are yet to provide packages currently they provide all channels @450 pm with HD. 300pm without HD

and their set top box(HD) @ around 3000, non HD around 1.5k. (prices are of a local cable operator which may vary from area to area)

Thread Starter #74
Thanks for letting me know. Zee studio is for Rs. 12 per month and Sony six is basically Set Max HD for viewing IPL season for Rs. 5 per day (as per the SMSes)
Its a really bad move from Airtel[frustration], i think we will no longer be able to see the Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD.

Today i got a message from Airtel that they are replacing these 2 channels above with [gun] Z Studio HD & Sony Six HD.

photo1.jpg
Currently relishing the highlights of Spain's F1 race highlights for the last time on ESPN HD.

And there is no chance to get them i guess, any idea on why this move,haven't they got the satellite rights or access.

@Superbad- thanks for the info at post no. 73, somehow missed it earlier.

Its a really bad move from Airtel[frustration], i think we will no longer be able to see the Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD.
And there is no chance to get them i guess, any idea on why this move,haven't they got the satellite rights or access.
Got similar sms. The Setmax channel will show IPL, so the sports doze would be fed by setmax now.

No idea about the technicalities though.I guess these HD channels are taken by service providers on some lease sort or contract basis, otherwise I don't think there are issues of coverage/signals etc.

Top Bottom