Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #47
got myself videocon D2h HD for 2890 with 400 cashback for online booking.

i get their platinum pack HD for free this month.

compared this with airtel digital tv but the monthly charges were way expensive compared to videocon.

quality seems better than expected. initially was disappointed with the HD demo where the demo piece was a videocon LCD but on a samsung PQ is much better.

since this was my primary connection so had to go for videocon . had it been a secondary one airtel has better packs.
Congrats .
You should have tried give a call option by dropping the number on their website.
Even on Airtel's website it was mentioned 2890/- with cash back of 250.
But I just dropped my number on their website.
Then they told me the offer of 2299 for being a post paid customer of Airtel.
Made the payment through IVR, just in time before F1 kicked off the connection was live.
Let me know your feedback on the Videocon.

Congrats .
You should have tried give a call option by dropping the number on their website.
Even on Airtel's website it was mentioned 2890/- with cash back of 250.
But I just dropped my number on their website.
Then they told me the offer of 2299 for being a post paid customer of Airtel.
Made the payment through IVR, just in time before F1 kicked off the connection was live.
Let me know your feedback on the Videocon.
had done the same. They Gave me the same charges for a new connection. But then their monthly package for all channels i wanted came around to about 400+ whereas for all channels i want on videocon i have to pay about 323. Add 10% cashback for icici users on mobikwik the charges effective would be lower than my cable charges of 300 p.m not to forget i get almost all the needed channels in HD too.
Picture quality is at par with the 1080p /720p clips i have. The only thing missing is bbc entertainment. Not sure if they have it or if will they add it later.

Thread Starter #50
Damn there is no HD transmission of LIVE Korean F1 Grandprix .
Watching the normal transmission on Star sports.
Isn't the Star sports HD an event based channel??

Is any service provider providing this channel in HD.

uploading some pictures from videocon d2h HD.

sorry for the quality , its got to do with moving picture and the inability to keep my hand steady.

@mukeshus, its for some weird logic that some races are broadcasted on ESPN HD.

and no d2h/cable operator provided star sports HD, i am not even sure star is broadcasting star sports HD.

Attachments

Thread Starter #52
Out of all the HD channels i feel History TV18 feels upscaled rather true HD.

Discovery HD world, NGC HD, Star Movies, Movies Now, Sony (CID[lol]), Colors are true HD.

I think you have got Z studio HD which is missing in Airtel.

Out of all the HD channels i feel History TV18 feels upscaled rather true HD.

Discovery HD world, NGC HD, Star Movies, Movies Now, Sony (CID[lol]), Colors are true HD.

I think you have got Z studio HD which is missing in Airtel.
yup overall videocon has more usable true HD channels.

there is also Mtunes,star world,cnbc prime,Zee TVHD and a 3d channel too but of no use to me since my tv is not a 3d one.

With Tata changing the satellite around January I am quite happy to stick with them. At the their bandwidth is saturated.

With Tata changing the satellite around January I am quite happy to stick with them. At the their bandwidth is saturated.
recently heard that customers will have to pay another 100 bucks as HD access fee to get HD and SD version of the same channels.

some members in the dth forums have complained about this and have got that additional charges reverted/cancelled , but this is only for those complaining customers.

so if you are taking everything lying down, time to complain.[:)]

@Superbad; I am on their Megapack, so do not face this hassle. Also, all service calls are free. I also have an additional TV (not on HD pack). Let me add that often the HD and normal channels do not carry the same programmes.

Being a happy customer for the last 3 years. I would suggest Tatasky. Got two connections at hometown and one where I currently live – Bangalore. Maybe Tatasky is slightly expensive when compared to other DTH providers. If you are from Kerala, go for a Sun DTH, as they provide the most number of Malayalam channels, but overall I am very happy, as I hardly faced any problems using the during the couple of years & I am happy with 4 Malayalam channels given by Tatasky.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #58
Has airtel added two more channels to its HD list, today was just changing channels.
I can see Zee Studio HD and Sony Six HD.
it's telling to subscribe will contact CC and will try to know more.

Has airtel added two more channels to its HD list, today was just changing channels.
I can see Zee Studio HD and Sony Six HD.
it's telling to subscribe will contact CC and will try to know more.
Thanks for letting me know. Zee studio is for Rs. 12 per month and Sony six is basically Set Max HD for viewing IPL season for Rs. 5 per day (as per the SMSes)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #60
Thanks for letting me know. Zee studio is for Rs. 12 per month and Sony six is basically Set Max HD for viewing IPL season for Rs. 5 per day (as per the SMSes)
But I am with their HD Plus package which I was told that all the HD channels will be added to this package at no extra cost.

Top Bottom