Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #31
Hey guys finally I have made up my mind, want to know which service provider has the best uninterrupted service of HD transmission.

How about feedback on Videocon DTH , anyone using their services , provide your honest feedback and hidden charges if any?

I am confused between Airtel and Videocon.

If you are suggesting anyone of these, please provide some insight on plans that you have subscribed to.

Can I buy a HD connection only for viewing HD Channels?

I mean can I recharge only to get all the HD channels?

As I intend to retain cable STB for all regional channels.

HD channels cost Rs50/Month from Tata Sky.
Channels include,
1. Star Movies
2. Nat Geo
3. Discovery
4. Star TV
5. Star and ESPN HD (You need to check this!)

These are the channels I watch frequently.

Hey guys finally I have made up my mind, want to know which service provider has the best uninterrupted service of HD transmission.

How about feedback on Videocon DTH , anyone using their services , provide your honest feedback and hidden charges if any?

I am confused between Airtel and Videocon.

If you are suggesting anyone of these, please provide some insight on plans that you have subscribed to.

Can I buy a HD connection only for viewing HD Channels?

I mean can I recharge only to get all the HD channels?

As I intend to retain cable STB for all regional channels.
quality wise and rate wise too VIdeocon is good.

this is from feedback from many forums.

personally i would prefer an HD setbox from a local cable operator.

an FTTH connection whenever it happens.

quality wise and rate wise too VIdeocon is good.

this is from feedback from many forums.

personally i would prefer an HD setbox from a local cable operator.

an FTTH connection whenever it happens.
+100 Superbad, I prefer the same, but I wonder that nobody spoke about two service providers so far 1)Sun - cheapest and best clarity 2) Big TV - not very cheap but known to be a good clarity

Because these two are also more popular in my place(Hyderabad)[:)]

But most of the people in my area take the cable connection and attach a hathway box from cable operator for more clarity and it works well

Thread Starter #35
Hey guys finally ordered Airtel HD Set Top Box on IVR.
What an impressive response of Airtel, entered the number and Submitted on their portal.
Got a call instantly and ordered the HD STB right away.

They gave a good offer HD(STB) + 1 month all channels free for 2299/-, for being an postpaid customer.

And after the 1st month i will get regional Kannada Channels free as per my request, then i can go for 158 South Super value pack and 15 HD Channels for 160 including taxes.

So it would come to 305/- as combo offer inclusive of taxes.

Last edited:
I have heard that airtel uses compression more and hence the overall picture quality is not that great.
Please mention the channels you get as the sports,english tv series and movies channels for 305. In HD AND SD.
Who knows i too might jump the bandwagon this october end.

Thread Starter #37
I have heard that airtel uses compression more and hence the overall picture quality is not that great.
Please mention the channels you get as the sports,english tv series and movies channels for 305. In HD AND SD.
Who knows i too might jump the bandwagon this october end.
Had been to mall yesterday, there i saw the demo, it was great.
Also the package on Videocon was not that great, as all Ala-Carte packages were costly.
And they didn't had Movies Now in a package that was an optional one for 50 per month apart from subscription.

I will retain my Cable connection as well, so HD channels were my main priority.

Here are the HD channels : airtel HD channels

Base recharge is must if one wants All these HD channels, other option is ala carte package.

Thread Starter #38
Hey guys here is a short review Airtel DTH -HD.

After too much of thinking went for Airtel finally.

The HD channels are absolutely brilliant, and was really impressed with their service, and the installation was done in 20 mins flat.
And it was installed just in time before F1 kicked off, the clarity is absolutely brilliant.

@Superbad: I would vouch for Airtel.

But regional channels especially Kannada channels bit lack on clarity, but i have a Cable STB, which serves my purpose, right now all channels are unlocked, i am confused on to which channels[lol] i should watch, so hooked on to HD channels.
1.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

11.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

photo 5.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

photo 1.JPG

I have a TataSky HD+, the best service. Only their transponder is full so more channels may be delayed. Somehow they have managed to squeeze in Colours Plus in HD today.

I have Reliance Big TV and Panasonic 32" LED HD TV. HD channels are real crisp and I love BIG TV for their amazing picture and sound clarity.

I have been using normal STB from last 5 years and upgraded to HD STB last year. All HD channels are superb especially NGC HD is out of the world. For 80/- a month you get all HD channels.

I have Reliance Big TV and Panasonic 32" LED HD TV. HD channels are real crisp and I love BIG TV for their amazing picture and sound clarity.

I have been using normal STB from last 5 years and upgraded to HD STB last year. All HD channels are superb especially NGC HD is out of the world. For 80/- a month you get all HD channels.
i thought that reliance big DTH were about to shut shop. the are many complaints with reliance. the pathetic customer service is common across all their telecom services though [cry] so they are consistent across the board.

from common knowledge reliance can be summed up as if it works fine the service is out of the world , but if any problems arise you are royally $crewed.

dont see any franchises around and no demos available for reliance . also no adverts on tvs these days for reliance. [confused]

i thought that reliance big DTH were about to shut shop. the are many complaints with reliance. the pathetic customer service is common across all their telecom services though [cry] so they are consistent across the board.

from common knowledge reliance can be summed up as if it works fine the service is out of the world , but if any problems arise you are royally $crewed.

dont see any franchises around and no demos available for reliance . also no adverts on tvs these days for reliance. [confused]
You may be right. But so far so good for me (touch wood). Initially there was a problem with customer service and it is rectified AFAIK. Whenever I call up toll-free number, response is good to my satisfaction.

Yes in Bangalore and Hyderabad Reliance got very good customer base !!

I think each operator is strong region specific !!

got myself videocon D2h HD for 2890 with 400 cashback for online booking.

i get their platinum pack HD for free this month.

compared this with airtel digital tv but the monthly charges were way expensive compared to videocon.

quality seems better than expected. initially was disappointed with the HD demo where the demo piece was a videocon LCD but on a samsung PQ is much better.

since this was my primary connection so had to go for videocon . had it been a secondary one airtel has better packs.

Top Bottom