• Dish Tv HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Tv HD

• Videocon D2H

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Superbad- thanks for the info at post no. 73, somehow missed it earlier.

Got similar sms. The Setmax channel will show IPL, so the sports doze would be fed by setmax now.

No idea about the technicalities though.I guess these HD channels are taken by service providers on some lease sort or contract basis, otherwise I don't think there are issues of coverage/signals etc.
i know airtel is weird in everything

on the broadband front very low FUP limits and now strange channel selection on DTH platform.

happy with videocon [clap]

Who ever are using the HD DTH of different brands, can post your monthly expenditure on this with channels package. It will give us the fair idea on how costly it is.

We all know the packages of different people, but when some one uses it, then his information can be perfect

I recommend Tata Sky as
- Prompt service ( my experience )
- Good picture quality
- HD channels are really "HD''
- Amazing Actve features and Movies on Demand
Only thing which dissapoints is that it is more expensive than its competition.

There is a deadline set for us now in Hyderabad to buy set top box from cable operator before 31st of march'13. Now our local cable guy is charging Rs.1400/- for this set top box which might be a non HD.

So what be the best choice now, to go ahead and get this set top box installed as he says the clarity will be improved and will be like HD and channels will increase along with some FM audio channels too.

OR

Go for a DTH connection with HD, in this case also do we need to equip a separate set top box apart from the DTH box ??

Thread Starter #81
Damn no sign of ESPN HD with Airtel[frustration].

I feel i shouldn't have gone for this.[anger]

My main reason to go for HD was to watch F1 in HD.

@Gurrala: Yes watching channels through STB will give you digital clarity.

And i feel you need not go for HD STB as yours is 32" TV.

HD box is needed for 40" and above TV's.

Yes even we had paid 1500 for STB way back in 2010, still we have retained it. Its a Cisco STB from Scientific Atlanta.

@Mukesh

Thank you for the info, how is the clarity of that STB which you have installed. so according to you non HD STB is ok for 32" TV as I am yet to watch HD content on my full HD LED TV[lol]

^what mukeshus said that on a 32 inch tv, there wont be any wow visuals observed.
So better stick to Sd unless you plan to buy a 40 inch hdtv in the immediate future.

^what mukeshus said that on a 32 inch tv, there wont be any wow visuals observed.
So better stick to Sd unless you plan to buy a 40 inch hdtv in the immediate future.
Not really. I have HD on my LED, I do not watch SD after the experience of the former. Totally worth even on 32 inch.
If that was so, he shouldn't have got full HD 32 inch at first place. It was us only who recommended him full hd led no?

@Right now

Yes, I got the same doubt after reading post from SB, because of members suggestion I have bought full HD TV, so I need to see some HD content on that to justify its selection.

Now my cable fellow with the digital set top box, do not offer any HD channels, but he says after I install that set top box, the channels will increase and the content will look more like HD

Thread Starter #86
Not really. I have HD on my LED, I do not watch SD after the experience of the former. Totally worth even on 32 inch.
If that was so, he shouldn't have got full HD 32 inch at first place. It was us only who recommended him full hd led no?
Hi there rightnow, it's not that I am discouraging gurrala not to go for HD STB.
He needs a home theatre to get the clarity of sound for what he is going to pay.
Having a HD STB without Home theatre will not reveal the true potential of what his TV and HD STB can deliver.
We had purchased Full HD LED 46' in 2010.
We had gone for SD STB, as there were hardly any HD channels apart from NGC HD, cricket in HD was only for live transmission.
But now there are plenty of channels.
That is when in Oct 2012 I went for HD STB.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #87
There are 2 new channels being provided on Airtel.

HBO defined and HBO Hits apart from usual HBO.

The movies are great and Ad free, saw the Final Destination 5.

These channels are free till March 21.

No luck after tweeting Airtel for ESPN HD, the final reply in vain by them was we will inform it through relevant media when its available.

So should watch the first race of F1 season in SD.[frustration], inspite of having HD box.

Me jumping in with suggestion (sorry. I could not stop posting).

Good thing on cable walas settopbox(stb):
You pay same monthly rental.
You see channels with much more clarity
You can see 200+ channels without paying additional amount
You can see every channels in all languages than subscribing one by one.

Bad /cons :
Your channel gets interrupts if the line gets cut.
You won't be able to see if cable wala do not have power.
Clarity is not comparable to some dths

Had dishtv dth. Now hathway cable stb. They have come up with hd box. Not decided yet. Happy with current setup. 32" sony lcd

Thread Starter #90
Appus we have retained cable STB also, which is there since 2010.
I had taken Airtel HD for viewing HD channels.
And only Airtel had maximum Kannada channels.
We pay 225 per month for cable we get channels of every language.

Top Bottom