Which Diesel Hatch to Buy?

Thread Starter #1
i am in great confusion in choosing a diesel car.i need good mileage,comfort,driveability,features,quality,.my options are polo,i20,new swift,figo.pls sort it out

Re: which diesel hatch to buy

I don't see Punto in your options. I was under the same confusion and I have now decided to go for Punto 90HP.

I did Test Drive i20. But it can't match Punto in terms of Handling, Riding Comfort & Steering.

I have posted my TD experience on Punto.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-punto-90hp-detailed-ownership-review-32.html

I know FIAT A.S.S is still not upto Maruti but if you are planning to keep the car for long term you can consider Punto.

Re: which diesel hatch to buy

i am in great confusion in choosing a diesel car.i need good mileage,comfort,driveability,features,quality,.my options are polo,i20,new swift,figo.pls sort it out
Hi,

Welcome abroad. First of all, be specific in your requirement(s). Like what mileage is a good mileage for you ? What is comfortable for you, leg room or head room or good seats etc.

To me VFM cars are Figo, Swift. But furnish for details and how are your driving habits. In totality, more about you and your requirement(s) [:)]

Consider All New Vista, if you are not allergic to Tata. Many buyers are, therefore do not consider the option. However, new vista is very good VFM car IMO. Give it a go

If looking for a VFM option then your best bet is Figo. Awesome handling (FORD DNA) and nice space to seat 5 decently.

In other a-bit-expensive options my preference order would be :

i20 - Amazing feature rich package, very comfortable, lots of space, average handling
punto - Superb high speed manners, average comfort, dicey A$$.
New Swift - Already proven it's worth (old swift), Maruti reliability, Amazing handling (if remains same as old gen swift)
Polo - true german hatch, amazingly built like tank, but prone to niggles and long term reliability is still to be seen.

May I suggest to have a look at Beat diesel as an option. If used cars are also on option then look for Fiesta TDCi, nothing can beat it.

freakdude.

shihasali_p - need more details on what are you looking for? Will this be car for extensive city use or highway use? How many people will travel often? What is your approx budget? How far are you from the general service centers? etc.

From your list, sorting is (personal opinion):
New Swift
i20
Figo
Polo

Thread Starter #8
i ride about 1500 kms a month.now i am using ritz vxi.i want to change to another brand than maruti.i drive about 500km in city and rest in highway.i need good handling,stability at high speeds,comfortable seating i am 5.6 feet tall good rear seating also bcoz my mother and sister will sit in the back.swift,polo nd figo have mileage indicator.punto is a great car but i dont like its look.i20 dont have stability at high speeds but it have many features.as i am changing the car bcoz of petrol i need a car with great mileage about 20kmpl.beat is a good car for city but not in highway.i am also looking for fiesta classic diesel second which is available in market.i dont have service centre problem all companies service centres are nearby.my brother like i20 and polo.and i like polo,swift,i20

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Shihasali. Please tell us your budget and other requirements. You can use this template to answer the important questions. It will help us to recommend you the most suitable car for your requirements. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Welcome to The Automotive India, Shihasali. Please tell us your budget and other requirements. You can use this template to answer the important questions. It will help us to recommend you the most suitable car for your requirements. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z
my budget is below 8lks
my requirements
Handling and ride quality
Space and comfort (leg space,avg boot space and suspension)
Mileage abt 20kmpl
Features like abs height adjt seat, tilt strg...
Rear seat comfort is must

my budget is below 8lks
my requirements
Handling and ride quality
Space and comfort (leg space,avg boot space and suspension)
Mileage abt 20kmpl
Features like abs height adjt seat, tilt strg...
Rear seat comfort is must

Without a shadow of doubt, my first suggestion is the Manza.
Next, Etios, Figo, Indigo e-CS, ev2, Fiat Linea.

Without a shadow of doubt, my first suggestion is the Manza.
If you want sedan then Yes you can check that also , ABS version Tata Manza New Aura ABS Quadrajet.It will fit in your budget.

IMO, Manza is the best bet if you have budget of 8 lacs. I have TDed the car and it is better than other cars in the segment (especially Etios) in handeling, build quality, features and space.

On second thought, if TATA does not sound kool to you you should surely try fiesta and Figo. The space, drive, mileage and features at the price is one of the best.

Wish you luck with your search.

Last edited:
Figo TDCI Titanium would suit your needs and saves your money too because you tell that you will drive long time at highways with your family,so Figo has a decent leg space and boot space which will make the journeys less tiring.And you want a good handler,so Figo again has made a great backup of the handling.This model comes with ABS and Airbags as standard and a nice music system.

I would also go with the general opinion, Ford Figo makes for a good buy for your case. It has decent highway capability, very good city driving and okish mileage. And Titanium will fit your budget nicely and will leave you with some money as well.

If you dont mind Tata, then the new Vista or even Manza fit your requirements nicely. The new cars are quite contemporary in design and handling. They do not lack anything in any way and provide more than ample cabin space.

Coming to your choices of Polo, Swift and i20, I would go for Swift. It is a proven car and proven track record. Cabin space has been increased a little and top variant is cheaper than fully loaded i20. Polo is better option in Petrol than in Diesel IMO.

Top Bottom