Which Car To Go For Under 12 Lakhs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #32
Well i just took a test drive of the City, Vento and believe me City is hell powerful. Left the Corolla Altis J version because its too much basic.
Moreover wih CITY they are giving free insurance, 7.5k discount on EMI and 20k exchange bonus(if i exchange my 2003 Honda City 1.3 DX)

and my friend has a White Volkswagen Vento, New Black Honda City and White Dzire. Thanks to the joint family [;)] and according to him, CITY is the best car to drive among them.

So hence the HONDA CITY is booked and delivery date yet to be confirmed [:)].

So now help me on the color please. We have two choices, its gonna be either White or Silver. Left out the grey and black because of superstitions about those colors and Red color I dont like personally.

Moreover i'll be upsizing the tyres this time with alloys. So whats the right upsize? Mostly say 195s is the best choice keeping in mind the place i drive is full of pothholes and with 5 people in, bottom may get scrapped.

Last edited:
Well with 115PS of power it has got to be powerful indeed!

Congrats with your booking , color i would suggest White! With some neat matching alloys your car will be a looker! Silver is a bit too common these days. I think delivery can be done within 10 days.

Alloys and tyres please create a new thread.

Thread Starter #37
Life surely gives you surprises!

Well what I'm gonna tell you is nothing less than a tragic turning point in a movie..

Well in order to book Honda City we had to go to Jallandhar and then finish all the requirements but on the way my dad spotted a more than couple Chevy Cruze! He just then asked me how much did it cost on road.. I said around about 12lakhs. He said why not to see Cruze once. I was like we are going to book honda city then why seeing a cruze! I was like ok let's check its once. When we went through the whole seeing process, honda city was off our list! Chevy cruze just looked so promising, solid, spacious and charming in comparison to the common honda city. So city is on the stay now and now chevy cruze is just on top of the list.

But I have a query that is cruze diesel been healthy , how about is spare and services cost, is it worth a diesel buy or wait for the petrol version and in long term does it actually smell like an old diesel car? Let me know soon!

Cruze is a better car than City anyday! Its more powerful , more spacious , has more features and most important more VFM!

Spares and service most probably since its a diesel a general service cost must itself be costlier than City. I don think petrol version is expected anytime soon. And modern diesel cars actually don smell bad just that they are a little noisier compared to petrol cars.

But TD Cruze once. I heard its very very sluggish initially so making it a pain to drive in city. If your driving is mostly within city then Cruze is not a very good choice. Cruze is a scorcher on highways!

Thread Starter #39
you will just call me a jerk after reading this.

well the news which has cycloned the whole plans was that my cousin in US bought a BMW 6 Series [surprise].He is just 26 years old working as a software engineer very passionate about cars so took it on loan ready to pay heavy EMIs. So there is always a kind of jealousy to hold a better car than what your cousin has. So this changed the whole mindset, we are ready to wait for an year because its better to buy a bigger car later than ending up for a city or any such car. So hence we wait we may end up for a fortuner or bmw x1. Just waiting for the right time.
Here is a pic of my cousin's 5 series.

Attachments

Ofcourse X1 would be a wise choice. And honestly, if you are not bothered about the service and spare charges, you will shave some more options with some premium manufacturers like Merc, Audi, BMW with each of them bringing their economy cars at really competitive price. And who knows, even Merc and Audi may bring a rival for BMW X1 at a mouth watering price!

Thread Starter #41
@akash - yup we are waiting for some new launches and even waiting for our budget to increase. Its always better to buy a bigger car later this year than buyin an altis or city. [:)]

350Z

Core Team
Hey, Congrats to your cousin for that 6-Series. :smile: It is an amazing roadster indeed. Now will you be planning to get an SUV or a Luxury sedan?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44
@350z - yeh its gonna be a SUV like fortuner or a luxury car for sure [;)]
i just checked out my friend's new skoda laura and believe me its interior luks very similar to 3 series. Laura is even a good choice to go for. Does laura fall in the luxury category? [lol]
-----------Next Post-----------
@anmol - not gonna go for common cars like honda city anymore.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Remember, I was the first one to suggest the cruze.

Why not go for a base 3 Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom