Which Car To Buy: Swift VDi or Ritz VDI (2012)?

Best car Between Swift 2011 VDI and Ritz VDI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Dear all,
I am very much confused about buying between Ritz VDI and Swift VDI.I am 6'2".does swift have good leg room for my height?.

Heard news that a new Ritz is going to be released in 2012 with new features like back lift ,good interiors etc.whats the exact month it is going to be released?is it worth waiting?

The ritz vdi is my first preference.but If I buy Ritz now and within a short span if New Ritz comes I may miss the new features.so is it better to go for new Swift vdi 2011?.please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance...

raghu.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Raghu. Although I’m quite sure that Swift will be cramped for you but do have a look and test drive experience with both the cars if you haven’t already. Both of them have same engine and are competent enough. You will also receive an essential safety feature (ABS) with Ritz should you choose to buy VDI ABS variant. Yes, it’s true that Suzuki is likely to bring a refreshed avatar of Ritz but the official deadline hasn’t been confirmed as yet. (Perhaps Auto Expo will have some answer?). Unless you are in a hurry and do not find the design of existing Ritz well enough, it makes sense to wait and watch the market. Otherwise, finalize the deal sometime after Auto Expo 2012. Meanwhile, Here are some useful links to genuine ownership reviews of these hatchbacks:

Maruti Suzuki Ritz:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uki-ritz-ownership-review.html?highlight=ritz

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-vdi-35k-long-term-update.html?highlight=ritz

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-true-maruti-ritz-vxi-abs.html?highlight=ritz

Maruti Suzuki New Swift:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-maruti-suzuki-swift-zdi.html?highlight=swift

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...l-white-ownership-review.html?highlight=swift

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dear all,
I am very much confused about buying between Ritz VDI and Swift VDI.I am 6'2".does swift have good leg room for my height?.

raghu.
Well there is a considerable price difference between new swift vdi & ritz vdi,as far as leg room am 6 & find the swift spacious but i have not driven the new version so cannot comment,as for Ritz my frind is 6'10 he is doing well with the car,so i guess with 6'2 you can be fine with both cars.

Raghu,
I own a swift Vdi for the past 2 years and have done about 37K kms on it so far. I m not that tall as you, but, considering your height, I feel a Ritz would make a wiser decision. My cousin who is almost as tall as you, rode my swift and then a Ritz and felt the Ritz's gear position was more comfortable for him than the swift. Regarding the new Swift, I feel the trunk capactity is reduced as compared to its older sibling. Also, I would strongly advice you to go for a ABS. I opted it out(owing the increase in waiting time and the price).
I sincerely feel I should have opted for it, primarily because, I encountered a couple of morons on NH, and just because I kept my speed lower than 100kph and was wearing a seat belt, I am alive to wirte this reply.
I believe, the waiting period would increase if you go for Swift Vdi + ABS. Am not sure whether the same waiting period is there for Ritz Vdi with ABS. Check with your dealer though.

Considering your height,I would recommend for Ritz VDI ABS.

Because when you pull back the the driver seat to the full extent in swift the rear seat occupant just behind you would have too less leg space and the headroom is also shorter unlike ritz which makes the whole journey uncomfortable be it in cities or highways.

And in Swift VDI 2011 there is no option of ABS where it is present in Ritz VDI so as an added safety its better for Ritz.

AFAIK Maruti hasn't sent any official word on Ritz's facelift or backlift,all they are concentrating now is for Ertiga & Dzire and probably new 800.

TD both the cars and observe the comfort level. IMO for your height Ritz will serve the purpose better than Swift.
No clear idea about the new Ritz. I personally like Ritz but again, looks are always subjective. If I were you, I would choose Ritz as Swift is becoming more common now.

Ritz any day for me(its my hot favorite hatch:biggrin:).
Simple it is,Swift VDi is more pricey,has very long waiting period and overall space etc etc are all nearly same for both.
While for the price of Swift VDi you can get a Ritz VDi ABS[clap] and get some other goodies too,also there may be some discounts/schemes on the Ritz too which can give you some more advantage.

Thread Starter #8
First I strongly decided to go for RITZ .Folks Thank you for your valuable suggestions [:)] .I will wait till Auto Expo concludes and take a decision whether to buy Ritz VDI or a new Version of the same.

Raghu.

First I strongly decided to go for RITZ .Folks Thank you for your valuable suggestions [:)] .I will wait till Auto Expo concludes and take a decision whether to buy Ritz VDI or a new Version of the same.

Raghu.
Are you sure that a facelifted version is going to be launched at the Auto expo?
If you happen to get any source please do share with us.

Thread Starter #10
@Vishwas : If launching time of New Ritz is announced at auto expo,depending on the time I shall try to buy current version or new version of ritz(as suggested by 350Z earlier).

raghu

lxi.

Suspended
opel_agila_white_edition.jpg

Opel-Agila-Hatchback-Sedan-2012-Image-05-1680.jpg

Opel-Agila-Steinmtez-5.jpg

Agila_Steinmtez1.jpg [/ATTACH]
Buddy, i think ritz or swit, both will be OK for your height. Anyways if you are going for the swift, you should wait for the 2012 ritz which is more feature loaded and would be at a decent price (expected), here's a pic for your reference[evil]

opel_agila_white_edition.jpg

Image courtesy: google. it is badged as OPEL agila.

Last edited:
Yes, waiting for new Ritz makes sense, at least in Bangalore, Pratham motors any way don't have Ritz in stock and are saying 45 days waiting period!

Both cars are good. However some like tall boy stance and some don't. Another factor is waiting period. Take TD back to back and decide. Go with your heart. And yes go for the car with ABS.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, looking at the pictures, i think it is worth to wait for new riitz. Also, ritz is a tall boy design car, so you will get some extra room, i think. Wait for it!

maruti said ritz will get backlift but in those pictures theres no backlift only changed rear lights. buddy do you think msil will launch it?? [confused]

Top Bottom