Which Car To Buy: Swift VDi or Ritz VDI (2012)?

Best car Between Swift 2011 VDI and Ritz VDI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #16
maruti said ritz will get backlift but in those pictures theres no backlift only changed rear lights. buddy do you think msil will launch it?? [confused]

[confused].I m very much confused now [frustration].I m rather perplexed as to wait or not.other than backlift what will be additional features the new ritz(Opel Agila?????) may have?Will MSIL and Opel release the same car with different brands in India (like Renalut Pulse and Nissan Micra)?..

Buddies any one who are 6 ft driving Swift?howz the experience.?

thanks in advance[:)]

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
Hehe, i am driving an Alto and i am 6ft!

On a serious note, if you are going for comfort then i would suggest a Ritz.
Hehe, Buddy, ask Akash how he feels in alto, otherwise, you can go for alto lxi and spent the rest 3 lakhs on modifying [lol][lol][clap]

NO, dont go for Alto. Height doesnt bother while driving. Its just that i would have loved better head room, but at the end of the day it wasnt purchased for me.

Thread Starter #22
Folks thanks for your advice.I called up a maruti guy and he told that he didnt even know the new ritz launch.My Heart says ritz but my mind opts for swift.May I know the main features Ritz lacks when compared with New Swift VDI ( like BRAKE ASSIST is not there in Ritz).

TAI

Raghu

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pals,
I am planning to buy Ritz. But I am totally confused b/n petrol or diesel.
In Chennai Ritz-P LXI is 4.65(OTR) and Ritz-D LDI 5.95(OTR). So there exist 1,30,000 Rs/- direct price difference. I understood that 1.3L is not a small gap. Actually it’s a huge price gap.
My average usage per month is roughly 600Kms.
But one thing bothers me much is, whenever I want to go out and if I have a diesel blindly I can get the keys and start moving. On other case if you have a petrol every time there will be second thought – is it necessary to go by car (may be my mind says go by bike, bcos it’s a petrol car). So, at the end of the day I can’t travel much in the petrol car. Also I am very much pleased to drive the torquey diesel (DDIS). I need you sincere advice on this. Please help me in arriving a decision.

Hi Pals,
I am planning to buy Ritz. But I am totally confused b/n petrol or diesel.
In Chennai Ritz-P LXI is 4.65(OTR) and Ritz-D LDI 5.95(OTR). So there exist 1,30,000 Rs/- direct price difference. I understood that 1.3L is not a small gap. Actually it’s a huge price gap.
My average usage per month is roughly 600Kms.
. Also I am very much pleased to drive the torquey diesel (DDIS). I need you sincere advice on this. Please help me in arriving a decision.
Hi! since your monthly running average is too low its better to go with petrol ones.

But one thing bothers me much is, whenever I want to go out and if I have a diesel blindly I can get the keys and start moving. On other case if you have a petrol every time there will be second thought – is it necessary to go by car (may be my mind says go by bike, bcos it’s a petrol car). So, at the end of the day I can’t travel much in the petrol car
Only the fuel part burns hole and that too only if you take outside know,if you have diesel the maintenance part gets very costlier because changing of air filters and diesel engines will be better if you run it daily.

So, at the end of the day I can’t travel much in the petrol car. Also I am very much pleased to drive the torquey diesel (DDIS). I need you sincere advice on this. Please help me in arriving a decision.
That's only your perception that petrol costs more! its better to go for petrol ones.

Else try for fuel efficient petrol or used cars(the depreciation will be less than newer cars if sold early) keep them for a short period if you really like travelling by car afterwards, then buy a diesel one.

Hi Vishwas,
Thanks for reply. My parents are using Indigo XL from 4 years. They change the oil/air filters along with the engine oil change which is @ every 7500Kms. As per the RITZ-D user manual oil change is @ every 10000Kms. Also I believe these modern diesels gives some what less troubles compared to first generation Swift-D(2005). My opinion is maintenance of Ritz -D is slightly more (but not huge) compared to it's petrol version.

Hi Vishwas,
Thanks for reply. My parents are using Indigo XL from 4 years. They change the oil/air filters along with the engine oil change which is @ every 7500Kms. As per the RITZ-D user manual oil change is @ every 10000Kms. Also I believe these modern diesels gives some what less troubles compared to first generation Swift-D(2005). My opinion is maintenance of Ritz -D is slightly more (but not huge) compared to it's petrol version.
Arrey,that's just an tempting offer, if you don't mind use this tool,you will come to an conclusion of deciding the fuel options:

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, your runnig is low, i would suggest petrol vxi.
And if you are still tilting towards the ddis, i would suggest it only if you are going to abide by the maintenance of diesels.

GO FOR PETROL RITZ VXI.

Diesel doesn't make any sense here, the features you will get is almost same in lxi/ldi. The price difference is 1.3 l for a diesel. You can go for petrol and the money saved will be compensated on the filling the petrol engine. [:)]
And,Amraghu, you can go for swift vdi if you will drive alone 70 % of the time as it lacks rear space (legroom).

You can compare the two in carwale.com

All the best!

Thread Starter #28
thanks LXI.After through research and many inputs from our friends I zeroed it on RITZ VDI with ABS.But i need to decide on color.I want to go for the white Unicorn(White color Ritz).Any suggestions on the color.Black is also good but heat absorption in the scorching summers is high.W r t Dust which is the better color.

thanks

raghu

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
No, dont go for white(it will be a pain to clean, i am facing in my H city) or black (it will boil the car in hot summers).

the maroon colour also looks good on ritz's.
WRT dirt, grey also looks faad on ritz!
Go for grey!

Congratulations on your boomerang ritz!

Top Bottom