Which Car To Buy? Swift 2012: VXI OR VDI

Which car to buy swift 2012 :VXI OR VDI

• Total voters
Re: Which Car To Buy Swift 2012: VXI OR VDI

Well i like the smoothness of the petrols but i would like to point out when it comes to cars like the i20 & swift,the diff in resale value of cars of same age & km's are around 2 lakhs more for the diesels,that is in the current market it can vary more with time,a friend of mine sold his crdi 5 speed magna i20(it came with abs then) for 6.15 lakhs,he had picked it up new for 7.5 lakhs in 2010 & car had done 50k on clock when sold recently,
shows there is always a sucker in the used car market waiting for a diesel.

Hi,

Looking at your usage I would prefer you opt for VXI. Its a power packed machine !! You will surely enjoy the drive on a Swift VXI, its initial torque & engine smoothnes is simple awesome. As Nozzlering suggested diesel new gen engines are undoubtedly having best technology, but for the fact they do have a marginal increase in after sales & services, also if you are a person who enjoys drive & your car it would definetly be Swift VXI ONLY. Owning a Swift VXI I can confidently say you will not regret your choice, I get a mileage of 13-15 in City & 15+ on highways, it can still get better provided I drive sedate[;)], I ve seen people getting a mileage of 18kmpl too on highways. One last thing,If you are buying car keeping in mind to sell it off after a year or two its Diesel, If its gonna be a long term drive do not compromise but blindly for for SWIFT VXI. Also keep us posted as what did you opt for before buying. Happy Motoring!!

Drive Safe. [:D]
Santosh.V

Petrol, no doubt. Unless you drive about 15000kms a year(for 5-6years), i dont see the need for a diesel car.
I've heard the K-series engines are real cool, so just go for it.
But you could think of the ZXI though, with all the additional features.

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new swift so i am totally confused which one to buy VXI OR VDI . In a month i would driving around 500 to 800 kms. Please suggest me which one i should go for.
[:)]
Bangalore Fuel prices are the highest(so are our taxes) & if you are driving more than 600km on avg Then diesel is the way,but you need to make a careful consideration of the price you are paying.

2012 Swift Vxi-5,94,141
2012 Swift vdi-7,31,627
Dileep if figures of Prads are correct (which I am sure are) then don't go for a diesel. You will not get to the break even point in 5 years let alone the saving.

Just calculate the out flow you are having initially for the diesel car.

The price for the Zdi Swift is ridiculous here in Bangalore its 8,29,982
& Swift Zxi is 7,00,753

But for someone willing to stretch for the Vdi can take a look at the Dsl i20 magna its 7,65,818(you can nego the insurance amount).

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hey prads the price you told us for the vdi -731000 ots on road right.

Its very strange. In february in delhi price was just 650000 on road.

Maybe after the revised rates it got that much high.

Hey prads the price you told us for the vdi -731000 ots on road right.

Its very strange. In february in delhi price was just 650000 on road.

Maybe after the revised rates it got that much high.
The prices are for On road Bangalore which is higher compared to other states[frustration] ,prices i mentioned are latest with effect from March 17th 2012
Swift Vdi
Ex showroom-6,05,225
Road Tax-94,552
Insurance-17,401
Basic acessories kit-1558
Incidtal charges-5,500
Ext Warranty4th yr/80,00km-7060
Auto card-331
Total-7,31,627

Thread Starter #25
Hi All,

I would be mostly going with Swift vxi , i just wanted to know the mileage of new swift vxi . If any one has bought new swift please let me know. :)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The prices are for On road Bangalore which is higher compared to other states[frustration] ,prices i mentioned are latest with effect from March 17th 2012
Swift Vdi
Ex showroom-6,05,225
Road Tax-94,552
Insurance-17,401
Basic acessories kit-1558
Incidtal charges-5,500
Ext Warranty4th yr/80,00km-7060
Auto card-331
Total-7,31,627
now the petrol price also went up :\ bengaluru - 81 rs :\

Hi All,

I would be mostly going with Swift vxi , i just wanted to know the mileage of new swift vxi . If any one has bought new swift please let me know. :)
Hi dileeprn,

Good Choice[:)]. Well there is not a exact figure of mileage which can be calculated. It all depends on the way you drive. Also since its a new car initially you might see a dip compared to exact figures. You will get to know the exact count after couple of services only. my advise is more sedate driving more mileage. But if the frequency of car usage is less then dnt worry about calculating the kms travlled / litre as you ll not enjoy the drive, just fill fuel & enjoy your drive is what I can say. But I ve to answer your question still. VXI will get you an average of 15kmpl in City & 18kmpl with Minimal usage of AC & strict Sedate driving. Keep us posted about the booking formalities & wait period for Swift VXI.

Happy Motoring [:D]
Santosh.V

still VXI after petrol hike? I guess not to go for Petrol Car, this will painful affair
Hey Hi,

Yeah its kind of shocking news about the petrol hike, but honestly if a person uses his car less frequently, like once a week or for a trip or a weekend drive, investing 1lk extra will really not make any sense, if he/she uses the car for 3-4 years I guess the even then 1 LK will not be reached.

Drive Safe
Santosh.V

Top Bottom