640 gb hdd,
1 gb ati graphics card
15.6 " display

what else----no OS
for 30,500.
Is it not a good price ?
If you need the price list pls let me know

Thread Starter #33
Well well, after a lot of dilly dallying (almost a year), I finally bought a laptop - HP G6 2008TX.

Specs can be seen here. I had actually gone to buy a HP DV6 because I loved the way it looked.

First I went to Croma, they had only one display piece which was around 3 month old. They were selling it at a tempting price though.

Then I went to Vijay sales. What I liked there was that the sales guy was extremely knowledgeable, technically proficient and very courteous. He explained the difference between the specs and also told me why the G6 2008TX was superior and why it suited my needs more than the Lenovo G570 and Z570. He also told me that the older DV6 was discontinued (explains why Croma did not have it in stock) and the new DV6 costs well above 50k...

Anyways, the new G6 comes with a Num pad (which I needed). It was launched in March 2012 as per him. I paid Rs. 39900/- for it. Yes, I got no discounts. I dont know how worth it is, would ask the opinions of dear TAIans on it...

Freebies I got :

1) A superb HP branded back pack (its really awesome)
2) An MP3 player
3) A kit of 10 accessories (multiple socket, USB fan, USB LED Light, USB hub, mouse, cleaning kit, USB vacuum cleaner, mouse pad, headset and card reader)

Raj you have bought a jackpot mate.

ATI Radeon Is superb, good that you went for it.

It's way better than Nvidia.

And Core I3 2nd generation comes with turbo boost technology for faster processing.

Check for updates on Intel website.

But one question, how is speaker of the laptop???

Is it Altec lansing???

You have bought a good configuration.

Congrats on your buy.[:)]

Thread Starter #35
Raj you have bought a jackpot mate.

ATI Radeon Is superb, good that you went for it.

It's way better than Nvidia.

And Core I3 2nd generation comes with turbo boost technology for faster processing.

Check for updates on Intel website.
Thanks bro.

But one question, how is speaker of the laptop???

Is it Altec lansing???
Yes, this is one thing I forgot to mention bro.

Being a noob in laptops, the one thing that I could clearly distinguish about this laptop when compared to others is the speaker quality. This thing was LOUD and clear when compared to the feeble sound from other laptops.

Yes, the speakers are Altec Lansing and they are very good. Never heard such amazing sound from a laptop's stock speakers. I wont need extra speakers for this. The stock ones are good enough for music and movies.

Thanks bro.

Yes, this is one thing I forgot to mention bro.

Being a noob in laptops, the one thing that I could clearly distinguish about this laptop when compared to others is the speaker quality. This thing was LOUD and clear when compared to the feeble sound from other laptops.

Yes, the speakers are Altec Lansing and they are very good. Never heard such amazing sound from a laptop's stock speakers. I wont need extra speakers for this. The stock ones are good enough for music and movies.
Yes that's the reason I asked you.
HP sources them which are far better than other laptops.

And my Vaio completely scores zero in this department.
The speaker sucks!!!![frustration]

Well well, after a lot of dilly dallying (almost a year), I finally bought a laptop - HP G6 2008TX.

Specs can be seen here. I had actually gone to buy a HP DV6 because I loved the way it looked.

First I went to Croma, they had only one display piece which was around 3 month old. They were selling it at a tempting price though.

Then I went to Vijay sales. What I liked there was that the sales guy was extremely knowledgeable, technically proficient and very courteous. He explained the difference between the specs and also told me why the G6 2008TX was superior and why it suited my needs more than the Lenovo G570 and Z570. He also told me that the older DV6 was discontinued (explains why Croma did not have it in stock) and the new DV6 costs well above 50k...

Anyways, the new G6 comes with a Num pad (which I needed). It was launched in March 2012 as per him. I paid Rs. 39900/- for it. Yes, I got no discounts. I dont know how worth it is, would ask the opinions of dear TAIans on it...

Freebies I got :

1) A superb HP branded back pack (its really awesome)
2) An MP3 player
3) A kit of 10 accessories (multiple socket, USB fan, USB LED Light, USB hub, mouse, cleaning kit, USB vacuum cleaner, mouse pad, headset and card reader)
you brought good configuration. congratulations
I would suggest that you buy extended warranty if you want to keep it for long

i don't know if hp has improved from past as there laptop used to fail lot due to heat personally seen many few friends that as soon as one year warranty got over . so i always say to my friends to get extended warranty

Hi,

I have been using laptop for last 7 years now...i would suggest Acer 5755G as it has 2 graphic chips in built. It is very fast and responsive and works great. The dual graphics helps in several ways and it just feels like desktop.

Read more about it here:
Acer Aspire 5755G Review < Mainstream Laptops Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in

I got it for my brother and he's loving it. Games etc. work amazingly on this one and when you're working it automatically switches to Intel graphics which is less battery consuming and comes in most of the laptops. When you're working with graphics or playing games etc. then it automatically switches to Nvidia.

I would suggest you go for it.

Thanks.

Top Bottom