Where is Our Society Heading?

Just read the new that one more girl alleged that she was gang raped in the car, and the car was roaming around in the city for 4 hours with loud music so that no one can hear her shouting.

20-year-old says she was raped by four men in moving car as loud music played | NDTV.com

The interesting part in this news came from one of the comment, Now SC would BAN music systems in the car ?? [cry]
Loud music is illegal in vehicles as per our laws.

Regarding our laws it have been lame and improper at first place and best example was seen banning the tints, it was self explanatory.[frustration]

Regarding our laws it have been lame and improper at first place and best example was seen banning the tints, it was self explanatory.[frustration]
Talking about the Law in India? No body follows the Law, i can spot the cars with black tints with loud music and high speed on the daily basis and most of the drivers are drunk. In India you can commit any crime and can easily get out of the jail if got caught. Police is not active at all and only looking for any way to create some money. Today itself i went to police station for few tenants verification and gave rs 400 to police so that they can collect the forms. Now you will ask why did i bribe? the simple reason is i have been going to police station regularly from past 4 days and for some reason they were not accepting the verification forms. Today when i straightaway asked the reason the police personnel demanded rs 1000 to which i negotiated to 400. Being a common man is a curse in India[frustration].

I know loud music is illegal, same way as black tints were illegal, but some used dark tinted car to commit crime and they banned tints at all. Now some one used loud music to commit crime, SC might come up with banning music systems in car. [lol]

And rightly said by Mukesh, being a normal man is curse in India.

If we start debating on this topic, it would go endless pages.

Who is at fault here? We say the total system is corrupt. The police is corrupt. The law is corrupt. Everyone else other than ourselves are corrupt /bad !

Is it only law at fault ?
We Indians, do not respect the law. How many of us go thru the over bridge instead of crossing the busy traffic? How many of us cross only thru zebra crossing instead of where ever we feels like. How many of stay calm without honking if the other guy at front couldn't move because of some problem ? How many of us do not spit on road? How many of us 'decrease the speed' when you are about to get a RED signal?
How many of us in two wheeler never gone on footpath ?

Even though i do not spit on road, most of the other things i might have done once or more than once.

Yesterday also, i was going ahead of an ambulance to make way for it almost 6-8 km and still that was going at snail pace. In Bangalore, no one cares to give way to ambulance. If you say please go, then guys will simply point to others. They are not moving. It is not my duty kind of. Same guys will follow the traffic /give way to ambulance even if there is no cops on road while traveling in other countries. Here we see cops /traffic police every 50-100 meter and they are not able to do a single thing. Why? Is not our attitude ?

We blindly follow western culture which ever not required. We do not follow the good culture/values from them.

Whether the politicians or the common man like you and me, nobody cares the law. It is not getting implemented as we do not care/respect our law.

If everyone follows the signal properly, many vehicles can cross at a time. Instead, we make a 10 lane out of two lane road. When the signal gets ON, one may not start and everyone behind get stuck. Signal turns RED ! Only 10-15 vehicles passes at that time.

About the recent crime:-
I think, we need to protect ourselves than asking govt to protect us.
If me and my wife traveling at night, we wont get in to any private cab or auto with 2 guys riding. We may look for a taxi or get in to a local bus with enough lights on in it. (No offense to anyone).

Just my personal views.

Last edited:
Who is at fault here? We say the total system is corrupt. The police is corrupt. The law is corrupt. Everyone else other than ourselves are corrupt /bad !

We blindly follow western culture which ever not required. We do not follow the good culture/values from them.
I agree with you Appus. Its us, the hypocritical Indians who have built the current India.

From above views,Looks like everything in India is wrong and erroneous.
India is a unique country. People protest at historical monuments for imparting justice to a gang rape victim, at another corner of same India, a girl disguises herself as gang rape victim to achieve ulterior motives. You know that the post no. 51 you posted about gang rape in Chandigarh was a fake one? Yes, the girl used rape as a weapon to get through in her criminal motives.

In so much of randomness, it boils down to a personal level satisfaction. I am happy that I did not break a red light today. I have done my bit.

why we will blame India. India is not No-1 in crime in world. There are other country are there where crime has gone to different level. Yes, I agree corruption is there, we are all against corruption but tell me how many of us have really implemented it in real world.

We can not change this thing now. It is now embedded in our system completely.

I agree with you Appus. Its us, the hypocritical Indians who have built the current India.

India is a unique country. People protest at historical monuments for imparting justice to a gang rape victim, at another corner of same India, a girl disguises herself as gang rape victim to achieve ulterior motives. You know that the post no. 51 you posted about gang rape in Chandigarh was a fake one? Yes, the girl used rape as a weapon to get through in her criminal motives.

In so much of randomness, it boils down to a personal level satisfaction. I am happy that I did not break a red light today. I have done my bit.
So what is the point banning sun films and loud music in Indian cars -this is what I ask since day one.
Household knife is a utility product but it can be used for extremely criminal activities like murdering,threatening or severe injuries to others, where does the sensibility stands when suddenly you ban useage of domestic knife in households ?
It was such a depressive state to see majority of nation collectively stood up against use of sunfilm or tints in cars fearing criminal activityand RAPE. especially shame.[frustration]

Last edited:
So what is the point banning sun films and loud music in Indian cars -this is what I ask since day one.
It was such a depressive state to see majority of nation collectively stood up against use of sunfilm or tints in cars fearing criminal activityand RAPE. especially shame.[frustration]
You have a case coz not using sunfilm brings privacy concerns, fair enough. Similarly someone who has been a victim of crime in the darkness of sunfilms would feel that they shouldn't be there at all, now that's fair as well.

Last edited:
Ban on dark sunfilms was banned ealier as well, but was not implemented properly by our COPS or can say govt. Now when such things happen, instead of making cops catch eafch with sunfilms and check their legality, they banned entire sunfilms thing, that's stupid IMO. Then why not ban closed cars, Only Coupe allowed in India, so no tension of rapes or kidnap. [anger]

My views about banning Sun Film:-

Banning DARK film (sun-film) was needed but not the one which protect us from Sun. There are sun-films which are see through and protect 50-80% of sun burn (Read in 3M product selector book). They (Government) should have allowed that kind of sun films. They should have made a rule "Any sun-films thru which passengers are clearly visible" than banning it blindly.

I have seen guys covering the dark film even the front windshield too. You cant even see whether there is a driver in the car or not [;)] ! That ban was absolute necessary.
Sun-films and Dark-Films should have been treated differently.

Loud Music :- It distracts others if not you. We are already polluted by everything (air/politics/sound/smoke/dust etc). Why you want others to listen your music if they are not interested. It is your right to enjoy music for yourself. You do not have any right to make others forcibly listen your music. So, keep the music playing for yourself with windows raised. :)

The accidents in Bangalore are reduced by almost 50% in last year compared to previous years. They are trying hard by giving awareness to people and asking people to drive sensibly. Few have changed. But not everyone. Hope to see more change in coming years ! (Just shared as we stay in Bangalore)

Top Bottom