When City Met Octy Informally

Thread Starter #1
An informal meeting taken place at my native town Nemmara, Kerala on 16th October 2014.

Highway Ranger (Peter) was on his way to Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary and Munnar.
On his way with his family we met at my native town and spent few hours together. It was indeed a memorable meeting. We can expect lot of beautiful pictures of wildlife shortly

The Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary, covering an area of barely 25 km², and located about 12 km from Kothamangalam (Kerala state, India), was the first bird sanctuary in Kerala. Salim Ali, one of the best known ornithologist described this sanctuary as the richest bird habitat on peninsular India.[1] Thattekkad literally means flat forest, and the region is an evergreen low-land forest located between the branches of Periyar River, the longest river in Kerala.

Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary

Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary Trials

Thattekkad Reservoir

A landscape at Thattekkad Bird Sanctury

View of Periyar from Pappitta Bird Trial

The Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary has a rich and varied birdlife. Several species of birds, both forest birds as well as the water birds, visit the sanctuaries, and the important ones include the following:

The Indian Pitta, which visits the sanctuary during winter and spends almost six months here.

Orange-headed_Thrush
Large-billed Leaf-warbler
Jerdon's Nightjar
Indian Cuckoo
Oriental Darter
Cormorants
Whiskered Terns
Collared Scops Owl
Ceylon Frogmouth
Pompadour Green Pigeon
Yellow-browed Bulbuls

The sanctuary is a habitat for different varieties of cuckoos and a region of the sanctuary popularly called "Cuckoo Paradise" is home to them, among which are the:

Drongo Cuckoo, which may be easily mistaken for Drongo,
Indian Hawk Cuckoo, which is highly vocal, and the
Large Hawk Cuckoo, which looks relatively massive compared to other types of cuckoos, and is characterized by a dark grey and heavily streaked throat.
The Edamalayar forest is located about 15 km from Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary. This is also an evergreen forest located above the Edamalayar River. The Mountain Hawk Eagles are found in this forest. Other birds in this forest include Dark-fronted Babbler, Brown-cheeked Fulvetta, Brown-backed and White-rumped Needletails, and Emerald Green Pigeons - wikipedia

We are going to see all these birds through his fantabulous lens shortly.

Wishing him and family all the best for a pleasant time ahead.

Attachments

wow thats a pretty nice meet up you had HR and AR sir.
Good to see those beauties meeting up as well.
HR looking forward to see another superb travelogues with fantastic set of pictures of your kind.

Thread Starter #6
Happy to see My Favorite cars meeting each other

Wish to see Octy, City and Whity in a same place[;)]

@HR : Have a safe and pleasant Journey.
Thanks AppU, hope to see them all together soon.

Wow what a nice meet up . Icons of TAI with iconic cars.
That's indeed a great compliment and thank you.

wow thats a pretty nice meet up you had HR and AR sir.
Good to see those beauties meeting up as well.
HR looking forward to see another superb travelogues with fantastic set of pictures of your kind.
Thanks vijay, hope to see you soon in the south one day with your ride.

Yes!!!! let's all wait for his brilliant photography as usual.

Wow. 2 (Too) good TAI-gers met each other.[:)]

@ Ram Sir: You broken image of HR which I had in mind.
@ HR: You look so cool than I thought. Looks little aged when I compare you with HR in my mind. [;)] It looks like this City in City
Thanks for the comment gandhi. He is a wonderful person above all.

Attachments

Just reached home last night from a 1304 kms drive. I didn't have time to respond earlier.

An informal meeting taken place at my native town Nemmara, Kerala on 16th October 2014.

Highway Ranger (Peter) was on his way to Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary and Munnar.
On his way with his family we met at my native town and spent few hours together. It was indeed a memorable meeting. We can expect lot of beautiful pictures of wildlife shortly

The Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary, covering an area of barely 25 km², and located about 12 km from Kothamangalam (Kerala state, India), was the first bird sanctuary in Kerala. Salim Ali, one of the best known ornithologist described this sanctuary as the richest bird habitat on peninsular India.[1] Thattekkad literally means flat forest, and the region is an evergreen low-land forest located between the branches of Periyar River, the longest river in Kerala.

Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary

Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary Trials

Thattekkad Reservoir

A landscape at Thattekkad Bird Sanctury

View of Periyar from Pappitta Bird Trial

The Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary has a rich and varied birdlife. Several species of birds, both forest birds as well as the water birds, visit the sanctuaries, and the important ones include the following:

The Indian Pitta, which visits the sanctuary during winter and spends almost six months here.

Orange-headed_Thrush
Large-billed Leaf-warbler
Jerdon's Nightjar
Indian Cuckoo
Oriental Darter
Cormorants
Whiskered Terns
Collared Scops Owl
Ceylon Frogmouth
Pompadour Green Pigeon
Yellow-browed Bulbuls

The sanctuary is a habitat for different varieties of cuckoos and a region of the sanctuary popularly called "Cuckoo Paradise" is home to them, among which are the:

Drongo Cuckoo, which may be easily mistaken for Drongo,
Indian Hawk Cuckoo, which is highly vocal, and the
Large Hawk Cuckoo, which looks relatively massive compared to other types of cuckoos, and is characterized by a dark grey and heavily streaked throat.
The Edamalayar forest is located about 15 km from Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary. This is also an evergreen forest located above the Edamalayar River. The Mountain Hawk Eagles are found in this forest. Other birds in this forest include Dark-fronted Babbler, Brown-cheeked Fulvetta, Brown-backed and White-rumped Needletails, and Emerald Green Pigeons - wikipedia

We are going to see all these birds through his fantabulous lens shortly.

Wishing him and family all the best for a pleasant time ahead.
Hi Ram, you have said everything about Thattekkad. So we can safely skip the TL. [:D]

Thank you for the wonderful time that we had at Nemmara. Actually we had planned only to stop over for 15 minutes, say 30 at the most. But I think it went on over 2 hours... almost 2 1/2 hours. Anyway that was time well spent. It was so nice talking to you Ram, almost like an old friend. Thank you for your hospitality.

BTW, you have a great car!

Happy to see My Favorite cars meeting each other

Wish to see Octy, City and Whity in a same place

@HR : Have a safe and pleasant Journey.
We should... one day. Thank for your wishes. We did have a safe journey.

Wow. 2 (Too) good TAI-gers met each other.

@ Ram Sir: You broken image of HR which I had in mind.
@ HR: You look so cool than I thought. Looks little aged when I compare you with HR in my mind. It looks like this City in City
I wonder what image of me you had in your mind [confused] Well, this time the City was in and out of cities.

Yes!!!! let's all wait for his brilliant photography as usual.
Sorry to disappoint you both, this time the weather was really bad for any good photography. But we saw so many new birds over there, so another trip in favorable weather is already in the planning, just for the birds.

Thanks for the comment gandhi. He is a wonderful person above all.
Wow, Ram! that is a great compliment.[:D]

Thread Starter #8
Hi HR

The pleasure was mine to meet you. And of course thank you so much for sharing the photographic tips and the CDs. As per your advice I tried out few clicks and it turned out very well.

Trust you had a great time with the nature and wild life, and waiting for the wonderful pictures of Munnar as well.

Nice Thread and Fabulous meet HR and AR sir!!, I am following the photographs posted by HR of this beautiful Thattekad Wildlife and bird sightings, Both heros standing in their prides look awesome, post more photos if you have [:)]

When we met again on 15 January '15 at Palakkad, HR was on his way to Kumarakkon
I wish I had more time to spend with you, Ram. Anyway, it was nice meeting you. Hope to see you sometime in our part of the world.[;)]

BTW, thanks for all the tips on routes.

the evergreen heroes meet again. hope to meet hr some time myself.
Same here, SR. Heard about the MEGA event in planning. Wish you guys all the best.

Wish to see AR, HR and SR in a single pic with their rides[glasses]
Yes, that will be a great idea. And you can take our pictures.[;)]

Top Bottom