What's Your Computer's Configuration?

Re: Whats your computers configuration?

But i a not impressed with it because computer seemed slower

can any one know why it is?
Sir, congrats on your excellent configuration. You really seem to have built a super-computer:-).

Regarding the slow computer i have to state it in 2 points.

1. DDR3 RAM has a higher latency of 7-7-7-15 compared to DDR2 which has 5-5-5-15 according to JEDEC. So the same memory of DDR2 is going to be faster than DDR3 of 800Mhz. [Basically higher the latency longer the response time to processses.

2. Secondly the Intel processor's 4 cores are still not able to fully utilize the RAM available due to the unique pipeline structure of the Core 2 Quads. I have seen a friends Q6600.When i first went to see the system i thought it would be blindingly fast, but even that PC <almost new> took 10 seconds to start. I have seen and heard that AMD processors utilize the DDR3 ram better.

3. Your graphic card also has GDDR3 memory which again makes it vulnerable to the RAM latency problem mentioned in the first point.

Add to all this your personal weight of software, games etc. and you will have an idea of why your system is slow.

Thanks for the reply searchingheaven.Mine also quad Q6600.When before buying it i thought it would be super fast.But when using it very slow.I installed many games and it was about 45 gb.is that the problem or softwares?Will upgrading the os to windows 7 solve the problem?
My nvidia graphic is damaged.why i dont know.problem with the power suply.the computer will turn on for some seconds and turn off.when graphic card removed the problem was ok.

Does anyone know which is the cheapest 1gb or 2gb graphic card.

Thanks for the reply searchingheaven.Mine also quad Q6600.When before buying it i thought it would be super fast.But when using it very slow.I installed many games and it was about 45 gb.is that the problem or softwares?Will upgrading the os to windows 7 solve the problem?
My nvidia graphic is damaged.why i dont know.problem with the power suply.the computer will turn on for some seconds and turn off.when graphic card removed the problem was ok.

Yours is a multi-faceted problem. Taking the issue point wise. What i am stating are just preliminary steps drawn on conclusions from your response. After taking these steps it will be better to get your computer examined by a proper qualified technician.

1. People have a notion that quad cores are fastest among all. Yes they are. But not in general applications like gaming or light applications. They prove their mettle in 3D rendering jobs in Maya or 3DsMAX. There they will beat everything hollow. Applications like games are dependent more on the graphic cards than the processor. Of course the processor makes a diff. but very small.

2. More number of games or software will not affect your PC because you are not going to run them all at a time. 100GB or 50GB no matter. The startup time might be affected by 1 or 2 seconds per game. But nothing more.

3. Presuming you have Vista, get that piece of crap off your machine. It was the worst thing from microsoft ever. Get windows 7 as fast as you can or if you are comfortable with it, go for XP. It is the best ever for MSOFT.

4. If possible state your power supply wattage. If its anything below 1000, its gonna kill your PC components. This is possibly the reason for your dead graphic card.

5. The cheapest card available is the 'Palit 9600 GT'. Performance is good but long term reliability is a bit of concern. About this point i aint got much idea, just check this out with your local shop.

All said and done, good luck to you for your PC.

What more do you need?:-) And if yours is average mine is below par.

¤250GB Seagate 7200rpm
¤1GB RAM
¤PATA ECS G31T Motherboard
¤E5300 2.66 Ghz processor
¤Samsung CRT 19''
Now beat this, my Compaq 2002AL

80GB Hardisk
248MB RAM
Intel Celeron
I hardly use it, but i still have it.

My Dell Inspiron's Configuration which i purchased a month back.

Intel® Core i3 380M Processor (2.53GHz/3MB cache)
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
14.0 Widescreen HD WLED Glossy Display with TrueLife™ (1366x768)
3GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
320GB3 hard drive

350Z

Core Team

Alright. Now I have something worth posting in here. I know this might not be a brainer but well..

- Intel Core i3 Processor
- 500 GB Hard Disk
- 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- Windows 7 Home Basic OS

The best part is that I bought this HCL Laptop for a deal fair enough.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes i can beat that easily.:-) Bought in '05. 40GB IDE, P4, 248MB RAM. For 25000. Were made bakras by HCL.
Oh, i thought i must have been the only one using such a historical configuration.

Thanks searchingheaven for the quick reply.I have xp.Do i have to upgrade to windows 7?
Windows XP is one of the best version of Windows. I went through your post and i feel the problem mentioned by you has no relation to the version of Windows you use. As serchingheaven mentioned in his post, graphic card is the main culprit behind the problems you are facing with slow games and all.

350Z

Core Team

Yes i can beat that easily.:-) Bought in '05. 40GB IDE, P4, 248MB RAM. For 25000. Were made bakras by HCL.
Here if we are comparing for the lowest configuration PC, then how does the following sounds: Pentium 4, 40GB HDD and 128 MB RAM(!!). [;)] This was the configuration of my HCL Desktop bought in early 2004. Later added 256MB RAM more. Save for slow speed and obvious niggles, it still works well enough to serve for basic purpose.

Drive Safe,
350Z

which company power supply you have .

Also get low range 6000 or 5000 series graphic card of ATI they are energy efficient

Windows XP is one of the best version of Windows. I went through your post and i feel the problem mentioned by you has no relation to the version of Windows you use. As serchingheaven mentioned in his post, graphic card is the main culprit behind the problems you are facing with slow games and all.
games are not slower they are very fast but time to take the folders.As I said graphic card is damaged and not in my computer.slow problem occured when xp is reinstalled.

Top Bottom