What's Your Computer's Configuration?

Mods, I hope we're not going off topic recommending parts to each other. If this is the case please move it to a relevant thread (instead of deleting I dare say [:)])

Get an FX 8350 and a Corsair H40 Liquid Cooler and go OC her to 5 GHz and you can scare the hell out ta that i7.A Radeon R9 270X or 280 would be Good.16 GB RAM will also be good.Get a Samsung SSD for OS and a 500 GB HDD for Games and Stuff.Get a nice Asus Motherboard like the Asus M5A99FX and do this man.Get a Corsair 750W PSU too.This is a better build than the i7 config
Sorry Bharath, I'm not really into AMD. Got myself an nVidia Geforce GT 610 - it malfunctioned (psst.. I messed it up but it was covered under warranty) and a replacement was issued, but due to unavailability these guys gave me the Radeon HD 5450. It performs almost as good, but it probably doesn't have 3d (with the 3d glasses. Heck, can't remember what it's called). However if it has some real benefit over Intel then the choice is obvious. And, about the SSD, sorry it's too expensive for me. I would rathe go for a 1.5 TB traditional HDD (though an ssd would be SWEET!) And 8gb RAM is enough for me. My requirements aren't too high, I won't be playing on 1920x1080 and still want 60 FPS. Only if it doesn't lag I will use the 1080 mode.

P.S. How is it that you have got a Win98 config PC in 2014? I mean it doesn't support DVD, our big bad graphics cards drivers etc.?
That was my suggestion to save up some money to get a better GPU, because it's the main thing that matters over anything.
Future proofing? Believe me, even I used to think buying such expensive CPUs would make it future proof (till last year, when I was 13). But you're wrong in that. I see that your main requirement is gaming and other general uses.
That's right. It's gonna be used in the following manner (descending order):
-Browsing on the internet
-Browsing TAI
-Gaming
-Watching Videos

And, if I go for Intel, it's gonna be a Z87 Motherboard - Period. CPU will probably be overclocked every day.

So I guess it comes down to this (if I go for Intel) - Z87 - Intel i5 4770k - GTX 650 ti Boost / 750 Ti

edios said:
Also you will need an aftermarket cooler as the stock heatsink sucks.
One tip, if you don't mind going for used components, it saves a lot of money. I got my R9 280X with 1.5 years plus warranty for 15K (like unused).
Okay [:)]

Sorry, again parents won't listen about going for used components

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Are Laptops allowed?

Mine is HP Probook 4540, with HD webcam, Windows 8 Pro, Intel Core i5 processor (as per the sticker[lol]), just one inbuilt speaker, 4 USB ports, DVD Player, 700GB SATA HDD, 15.6in screen, Blutooth, 4GB RAM.

Beyond this I don't know![:)]

Regards

Akash

FX ain't that bad for your Requirements but surely not as powerful as the i7.When I saw your Usage pattern,I highly suggest you to go for an i5 4670K which is more than enough for your Pattern bro.Get a GTX 750Ti and you are all set.But do remember AMD is working real hard on beefing up the R7 260X to beat the GTX 750 Ti by releasing Better coded Drivers Updates for the GPU.a
She has started to beat the GTX 750 Ti in some Games.But the GTX 750 Ti is a Very efficient GPU.So My Suggestion is don't get an i7 because it would be an Over-kill for you.Get the Top i5,OC her (If you ain't afraid) slightly with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or OC new with that Corsair Watercooler.,8 GB RAM and now you would have money to get that Samsung SSD 840 EVO 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD,Corsair 500w PSU,An Asus Maximus 4 Z87 Mobo will be good for this build bro.

FX ain't that bad for your Requirements but surely not as powerful as the i7.When I saw your Usage pattern,I highly suggest you to go for an i5 4670K which is more than enough for your Pattern bro.
Okay then - It's an I5 4670K or an i7 if there's some special discount for that!
bharathbigb said:
Get a GTX 750Ti and you are all set.But do remember AMD is working real hard on beefing up the R7 260X to beat the GTX 750 Ti by releasing Better coded Drivers Updates for the GPU.a
She has started to beat the GTX 750 Ti in some Games.But the GTX 750 Ti is a Very efficient GPU.
I'm more inclined towards nVidia and more importantly the games I will be playing are:

• Grand Theft Auto 4/5/VC (my all time favorite)
  • Assassin's Creed 3/4
  • The Crew
  • some older games
bharathbigb said:
So My Suggestion is don't get an i7 because it would be an Over-kill for you.Get the Top i5,OC her (If you ain't afraid) slightly with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or OC new with that Corsair Watercooler.,8 GB RAM and now you would have money to get that Samsung SSD 840 EVO 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD,Corsair 500w PSU,An Asus Maximus 4 Z87 Mobo will be good for this build bro.
I OC my Core 2 Duo E7300 most of the times I play GTA IV. Nothing much has happened so far but it voids warranty so better not risk it [:)]

And again my requirements aren't too much so an SSD feels unnecessary to me! Yeah I agree that if we install the OS on an SSD it gets quite a bit faster. But right now nothing is final - GTA V is launching ~a month later and when I get the final requirements, the components follow.
And yes, how much does the case (the chassis) cost?

P.S. Here's what Game Debate have to say:

...Further overclocking can be achieved easily, as the GPU has great OC potential.
Benchmarks indicate its performance is only around 3% better than the reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and thus Radeon HD 7850 and GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost Edition are still faster.
Src GeForce GTX 750 Ti Asus OC 2GB Edition PC Gaming Graphics Card Hardware For Game System Requirements

A good Chassis like the Cooler Master K380 will cost you Rs.5000.Try to get an Airy Chassis which will let your PC Components breathe alot better (Trust me man,I have blown up my own PC 4 Years Back after I neglected this !).Will you get that Water Cooling Block bro ? I will also stick with nVidea.GTX 750 Ti is the best bet here.May I know why you don't want the R9 270X ?

A good Chassis like the Cooler Master K380 will cost you Rs.5000.Try to get an Airy Chassis which will let your PC Components breathe alot better
Sure! Thanks for the info mate [:)]
bharathbigb said:
(Trust me man,I have blown up my own PC 4 Years Back after I neglected this !).Will you get that Water Cooling Block bro ? I will also stick with nVidea.GTX 750 Ti is the best bet here.May I know why you don't want the R9 270X ?
No, air cooling seems sufficient for me! Again, inclination towards nVidia makes me go for it. But sure, I'll also check out the R9 [:)]

Core i5 3450 3.5GHz Ivy bridge CPU
GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 Kepler GPU
Corsair XM3 4x2=8 GB DDR3- 1600
Samsung 840 EVO 128GB SSD
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 7200 rpm HDD
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H Mobo
Seasonic S12ii 430 Watt PSU
Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Case
HP 20FI 1600x900 IPS panel
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Microsoft Windows 10 Tech preview 64bit

Last edited:
Need some help here. Couldn't get that previous config due to some issue, but father has agreed. Why? Summer vacations! Now I'm planning on the following:
  • Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
  • Core i7 4970k - 88 W
  • Geforce GTX 750Ti OC 2gb - 150 W
  • 8 GB 1600 MHz RAM
  • 1 TB HDD
  • DVD Reader/Writer

What PSU do I need to run this config? I've found a Corsair that says 450 Watts, but some reviewer made calculations and concluded that it will deliver around 250 Watts. Is that enough?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Built this one yesterday! [:D] Installing drivers and .NET frameworks today.

• Intel Core i7 4790K
  • Asus Sabertooth Z97 MARK II motherboard (happy mother's day!)
  • 8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM
  • Galax nVidia Geforce GTX 750 TI
  • WDC 1 TB HDD
  • LG DVD drive
  • Dell S2240L monitor: full HD, 21.5 In (No HDMI cable provided. What the dell, Hell!? ohwait)
  • Cooler Master C+P 250
  • 400 W PSU
  • Win 8.1 Pro

Sitting in my room with all them boxes on the floor, all in a mess. Can't play GTA IV, some soft issue which could've been sorted in seconds if my Internet connection was a *bit* better.[frustration]

There is a chassis fan which I couldn't connect; it's wires are so short and connectors in an akward place, just can't connect it to the PSU! [roll]

Last edited:
Built this one yesterday! Installing drivers and .NET frameworks today.

• Intel Core i7 4790K
  • Asus Sabertooth Z97 MARK II motherboard (happy mother's day!)
  • 8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM
  • Galaxy nVidia Geforce GTX 750 TI
  • WDC 1 TB HDD
  • LG DVD drive
  • Dell S2240L monitor: full HD, 21.5 In (No HDMI cable provided. What the dell, Hell!? ohwait)
  • Cooler Master C+P 250
  • 400 W PSU
  • Win 8.1 Pro
Great,Atlast you got ur PC. [clap] I also got the Dell S2240L and Bought Belkin HDMI Cable from Snapdeal.It was around 500rs.

BTW how much for Galaxy nVidia Geforce GTX 750 TI?

Sitting in my room with all them boxes on the floor, all in a mess. Can't play GTA IV, some soft issue which could've been sorted in seconds if my Internet connection was a *bit* better.
Completed GTA V .[glasses]

There is a chassis fan which I couldn't connect; it's wires are so short and connectors in an akward place, just can't connect it to the PSU!
Is that a local PSU?[confused]

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply.

Great,Atlast you got ur PC. [clap] I also got the Dell S2240L and Bought Belkin HDMI Cable from Snapdeal.It was around 500rs.
Thanks mate!
BTW how much for Galaxy nVidia Geforce GTX 750 TI?
I'm honestly not sure, he just typed in all the components and the combined price. But the MRP on box is Rs. 14,000/-. I vaguely remember him quoting 12k, but don't trust me.

Completed GTA V.
Aw, you're making me jealous! [:)]

Only game I have which can actually use the GFX card is NFS Most Wanted 2012.

Is that a local PSU?[confused]
No, it's a Cooler Master, but the chassis fan connector (meaning the wire from the fan itself) is stuck in such a place, I can't see how it got there in the first place! The connector is jammed between the left side chassis plate and drive bay frame. The left side plate won't come off, and I had the hardest of times trying to connect the SATA to the motherboard. It, too is cramped against the drive bay.

I'm honestly not sure, he just typed in all the components and the combined price. But the MRP on box is Rs. 14,000/-. I vaguely remember him quoting 12k, but don't trust me.
Hmm. I bought my Asus GTX 750Ti 2GB for 10999.[roll]

No, it's a Cooler Master, but the chassis fan connector (meaning the wire from the fan itself) is stuck in such a place, I can't see how it got there in the first place! The connector is jammed between the left side chassis plate and drive bay frame. The left side plate won't come off, and I had the hardest of times trying to connect the SATA to the motherboard. It, too is cramped against the drive bay.
Which is your case? You can remove the side cover of the case or even the front bezel too.[:)]

Which is your case? You can remove the side cover of the case or even the front bezel too.[:)]
Thank you for that! I immediately set to work and tried removing the side cover. This time, with a bit more of force and off it came! Earlier it was jammed (I guess) and I didn't want to break anything, hence left it as it was. Now connected it, and it's spinning at ~1200 RPM.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Bottom