What's Your Computer's Configuration?

Re: Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray Ownership Review

cpu cooler : cooler master Hyper 212 EVO for ( core 2 Quad )
PSU(SMPS) : Gaming series GS 700 W corsair
cabinet: cooler master K 380
[glasses]
hehe wow...it is amazing! I too want to share my pc and laptop pics but I think that will be violation of the automotive forum [lol]

moderators always keep an eye on us [lol]

350Z

Core Team

hehe wow...it is amazing! I too want to share my pc and laptop pics but I think that will be violation of the automotive forum
I have moved the posts. Please feel free to share further details / images in this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have moved the posts. Please feel free to share further details / images in this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350 [:)]

Here is my laptop configuration:
Dell XPS L502X
Modded keyboard lights[Mutlicolored]
8GB DDR3 RAM
1 GB nVidia Geforce 525M graphics
Windows 8.1[Genuine]
500GB HDD

and here is the PC:
10376713_505261742907890_8617848902061377656_n.jpg

My old school computer is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 5450
Mobo: Not sure, some China-made product, though shows American Megatrends on startup. Bent the LGA775 pins on my older Intel DG31PR [embarass] [frustration]
PSU & Case: Intex 450 watts PSU Intex case
Headphones: Intex something. Quite uncomfortable.
Monitor: HP 7650 CRT monitor. Got it for free from my dad's office [:D] and the older Intex one lays in the ruins in my room. Dam, I'm starting to hate Intex things
Keyboard: Logitech. Going on and on AND ON. Only problem is that the space bar is loose and is manageable.
Mouse: HP
Printer: HP deskjet 1050 j410 series which is now covered in dust. RIP, though I use it for scanning
HDD: 160 GB Samsung + a damaged 40 GB Samsung

I know I'm missing a lot but it's midnight already :/

Upgraded my PC. [evil] Powered by AntecVP450P PSU. [clap]
Congrats on the upgrade sir! Have 2 questions:
Does the GTX 750Ti work good?
Was there any specific reason to go for the H87 chipset over the Z87 one?

Asking because I'm planning to build a comp in Jan - Could've done it now, but waiting for GTA V's accurate system requirements and not some predicted ones.

Does the GTX 750Ti work good?
I am a casual gamer,Enough for me. I can Run Farcry 4 at Ultra but at 30FPS.[:)] So i run at Very High setting which gives around 30-45fps. Also this one doesnt need a 6Pin power connector too.

Was there any specific reason to go for the H81 chipset over the Z87 one?
I assume you meant H81,Budget Built,I got the board for 3500INR.Have all basic specs i needed.Also not an Overclocking cpu too.so got a budget board and bought a good GPU.

Asking because I'm planning to build a comp in Jan - Could've done it now, but waiting for GTA V's accurate system requirements and not some predicted ones.
If you have budget,Get atleast R9 270x which will ensure flawless 1080 p gaming. :)

Aneesh said:
I am a casual gamer,Enough for me. I can Run Far cry 4 at Ultra but at 30FPS.[:)] So i run at Very High setting which gives around 30-45fps. Also this one doesn't need a 6Pin power connector too.
Gotta try out FC. Have been hearing this name too often!

I assume you meant H81,Budget Built,I got the board for 3500INR.Have all basic specs i needed.Also not an Overclocking cpu too.so got a budget board and bought a good GPU.
Yes sir I meant the h81. Thanks! [:)]

If you have budget,Get atleast R9 270x which will ensure flawless 1080 p gaming. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. But I've got no idea what it is! Will google it now.

Its the model of a good graphics card.Have you shortlisted components? :) Post it here.[:D]
I had, but then after a fight with my Mom I just said "Fine! I don't want any of this crap! I will use this for 20 more years!" and deleted the text file [roll] But it is hard to do what I said. Hence we just forgot it.

As of now, I've only finalized the processor - Intel 4770K, but that will be overkill. If it really is, will be going for 4670K i5. And maybe the GTX 650 Ti or the 7-series. IF it counts, I've also decided on the monitor and keyboard/mouse (the current ones are too old and this computer will be used by parents anyways) - Microsoft Wireless desktop 3000 and a Dell monitor, can't remember it now :stupid:

I had, but then after a fight with my Mom I just said "Fine! I don't want any of this crap! I will use this for 20 more years!" and deleted the text file [roll] But it is hard to do what I said. Hence we just forgot it.

As of now, I've only finalized the processor - Intel 4770K, but that will be overkill. If it really is, will be going for 4670K i5. And maybe the GTX 650 Ti or the 7-series. IF it counts, I've also decided on the monitor and keyboard/mouse (the current ones are too old and this computer will be used by parents anyways) - Microsoft Wireless desktop 3000 and a Dell monitor, can't remember it now :stupid:
4770K is probably the biggest mistake you'll do. An i5 4440 is enough for EVERY game. Anything higher will give you only 2-5 fps difference, that too if you have a high end GPU.

Don't forget to get an Xbox 360 controller if you love playing racing/sport games.

Tell me your budget, maybe we can help a lot better.

BTW GTA V? That got to be the most dirtiest game on the planet. But gameplay is awesome.

4770K is probably the biggest mistake you'll do. An i5 4440 is enough for EVERY game. Anything higher will give you only 2-5 fps difference, that too if you have a high end GPU.

Don't forget to get an Xbox 360 controller if you love playing racing/sport games.

Tell me your budget, maybe we can help a lot better.
Thanks, but I wanna make it future-proof. It hardly makes sense because I'll most probably get a laptop after some 2-4 years [:)]. But just in case; our older computer was some P3 with 512 MB RAM (now even for phones that's not enough) which was bought during mid 2001s lasted alllll the way till 2010 Oct. And the current computer's motherboard has been changed twice already. Now on a china-made board. Budget: Upto 50,000 rs. but the cheaper, the better.

And me is surely not lucky enough to get an Xbox! Parents are letting me get a new computer just because I am going to build it [glasses]

GizmoLord said:
BTW GTA V? That got to be the most dirtiest game on the planet. But gameplay is awesome.
The primary reason why the computer is going to be in my room (the current one is in the hall) [evil]

Get an FX 8350 and a Corsair H40 Liquid Cooler and go OC her to 5 GHz and you can scare the hell out ta that i7.A Radeon R9 270X or 280 would be Good.16 GB RAM will also be good.Get a Samsung SSD for OS and a 500 GB HDD for Games and Stuff.Get a nice Asus Motherboard like the Asus M5A99FX and do this man.Get a Corsair 750W PSU too.This is a better build than the i7 config

Last edited:
Thanks, but I wanna make it future-proof. It hardly makes sense because I'll most probably get a laptop after some 2-4 years [:)]. But just in case; our older computer was some P3 with 512 MB RAM (now even for phones that's not enough) which was bought during mid 2001s lasted alllll the way till 2010 Oct. And the current computer's motherboard has been changed twice already. Now on a china-made board. Budget: Upto 50,000 rs. but the cheaper, the better.

And me is surely not lucky enough to get an Xbox! Parents are letting me get a new computer just because I am going to build it [glasses]

The primary reason why the computer is going to be in my room (the current one is in the hall) [evil]
That was my suggestion to save up some money to get a better GPU, because it's the main thing that matters over anything.
Future proofing? Believe me, even I used to think buying such expensive CPUs would make it future proof (till last year, when I was 13). But you're wrong in that. I see that your main requirement is gaming and other general uses. If you're into heavy video editing and other CPU intensive tasks, get the i7, it'd be much better. But for gaming, 4440 is all you need. But the best option is, as you said, for making it more future proof, a 4670K. K - overclocking possible. Although overclocking won't give you the performance of the i7s, it'd surely gain you a few extra fps later. But then, for that, you need a Z series motherboard which is a lot expensive. Also you will need an aftermarket cooler as the stock heatsink sucks.
One tip, if you don't mind going for used components, it saves a lot of money. I got my R9 280X with 1.5 years plus warranty for 15K (like unused).

Get an FX 8350 and a Corsair H40 Liquid Cooler and go OC her to 5 GHz and you can scare the hell out ta that i7.A Radeon R9 270X or 280 would be Good.16 GB RAM will also be good.Get a Samsung SSD for OS and a 500 GB HDD for Games and Stuff.Get a nice Asus Motherboard like the Crosshair 5 Formula Z and do this man.Get a Corsair 750W PSU too.This is a better build than the i7 Build.
Sorry buddy, but the specifications you mentioned is rubbish for a gaming PC. An i5 is anyday better than FX-8350 for gaming. No game except maybe Crysis uses more than 4 cores. And no way it can beat an i7 (in gaming for sure, don't know about other tasks, but i7 are real beasts). 270X is enough for most games, but not future proof at all. A minimum would be 280X to run most of the games at ultra. 16GB RAM? May I know how he'll utilize at least 8 GB? Even 4GB is enough for most games but 8 is the sweet spot. SSD, a good suggestion but if only money remains after using for other main components. 500GB? Ah!, no way. Get at least 1 TB 7200 RPM one. Crosshair 5 Formula Z - man, are you even serious? An 18K mobo for a budget PC of 50K? 750W PSU - even crossfire/SLI GPUs don't need that much. A 550W would be more than enough, but if you plan to add another GPU, get a 650W one.

Last edited:

Top Bottom