What's Your Better-Half's Reaction on Your T.A.I Browsing?

Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Our forum got its very own Chetan Bhagat in the making!. Well, its some true incidents mixed with a pinch of imagination I suppose!.
Anyway fun to read, so keep it coming!
They are true incidents dear. And as I love to write so the interpretation is both real and slightly imaginative too.

Shall keep updating as often as possible!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #17

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies Beware!

Listed below is the aftermath of excessive TAI browsing when better-half is near!:biggrin:

1) Meals discontinued.

2) Laptops/ I-pad would be put up for sale on OLX (Thanks to their mobile app).

3) Forcibly made to sign an agreement regarding the shopping clause of relationship agreement.

4) Whether she may learn driving or not, but you'll have to take cooking classes.

5) TAI meetings shall be subject to finishing of household jobs like dusting, keeping ironed clothes in cupboard and dropping mom-in-law to the saloon.

6) No night sessions for TAI or else!!!
So, Be Safe and Browse Safe![lol]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #18

Akash1886

Honoured Member
OK Friends, Here is an interesting update! (Had been longing to write it)

My fiancee read one of my articles of Lane Driving recently here (she knows that I am with T.A.I). After reading she messaged me, How could you write such a nice article and spend so much time writing it? I told her, there is much more to me than just humor, I can be serious too and have some knowledge. She said "It is good that you have flair for writing!" I am impressed!

My Expression: [glasses]

That day, instead of my usual dinner diet, I had 2 extra Roti(s) because I actually could not digest the following facts:

* She actually did visit our forum.

* She actually praised my article.

* She did not nit-pick on my writing. Why I say so, because no matter what and how nice a man shall do up a thing, it is always the wife/gf who have to lend the final touches to it and then approve it as "Now its Perfect"!

I am really Thankful that god did not gave her much knowledge on cars. Else what ever bit of peace I have been able to maintain in myself with all of you here, it would also have been lost.

Regards

Akash

OK Friends, Here is an interesting update! (Had been longing to write it)

My fiancee read one of my articles of Lane Driving recently here (she knows that I am with T.A.I). After reading she messaged me, How could you write such a nice article and spend so much time writing it? I told her, there is much more to me than just humor, I can be serious too and have some knowledge. She said "It is good that you have flair for writing!" I am impressed!

My Expression: [glasses]

That day, instead of my usual dinner diet, I had 2 extra Roti(s) because I actually could not digest the following facts:

* She actually did visit our forum.

* She actually praised my article.

* She did not nit-pick on my writing. Why I say so, because no matter what and how nice a man shall do up a thing, it is always the wife/gf who have to lend the final touches to it and then approve it as "Now its Perfect"!

I am really Thankful that god did not gave her much knowledge on cars. Else what ever bit of peace I have been able to maintain in myself with all of you here, it would also have been lost.

Regards

Akash
I know Akash loves to write and hope he will continue writing various articles and car reviews on lazy Sunday afternoons even after getting married [lol]

Thread Starter #20

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I know Akash loves to write and hope he will continue writing various articles and car reviews on lazy Sunday afternoons even after getting married
You have my word on it! Even with the threat of not being served with meals, I hereby pledge to write to the best of my ability. Marriage in itself is a happening that needs to be penned down. After marriage, probably a husband looses his freedom of verbal expression, but, has the freedom of writing and venting out![:D]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #21

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

A married petrol-head or a soon to be married petrol-head has one thing in common i.e he often gets sleepless nights thinking about how he'll muster up courage and justify his love for the cars (including his own) and how he'll spend equal quality time with the cars and the better-half when both of them are under same roof. So me being a helpless and soon to be married fellow, thought at 11:30pm precisely today, that I should formulate a small pdf type of document highlighting some potent points. It is in benefit of all you out there who are either married or going to be married someday.Caution: Members below 18 years as of tonight do not try it at home with parents please:biggrin:!

Formulated in the humble interest of my buddies!​

* Tell your wife/fiancee/gf in advance that her shopping is subject to your car's well being. It has to be kept well maintained at all times as its the only safe mode of transport for her.

* Tell her, You can be late on a dinner at her place/with in-laws but won't over-speed at any cost since it harms the car and would harm her too.

* Maintaining a notification for the car's periodic service date is more important than a notification of the date when we both had met. Periodic car service is more important than anniversary lunch!

* Tell her, if in case she drives, any penalty due to slightest of offence in traffic rules shall be paid by her. She is not suppose to give that helpless yet ignorant expression while pointing at your wallet in such a circumstance.

* Make it clear, as much as I love to pamper you on occasions with movies and lunch, if have to be equally responsible with my other love i.e Car and pamper her with a session of detailing.

* Tell her, she's not allowed to compare or keep a log of your expenses done on the car and that on her shopping. Car maintenance is the main aim and not so her shopping.

* Mention her that mom-in-law should inform well in advance about her arrival so that I can go and safely park the car at airport or railway station. Emergency pick up calls will not be entertained specially when mom in law is coming to meet us. My car loves peaceful handling.

* I will not accommodate more than prescribed luggage since it shall hurt my car. Neither shall I be holding more than 4 shopping bags of yours under any circumstance.

* Mom-In-Law should not nit-pick on my patient driving skills. If she does, she can use alternate transport. Its my duty to keep my car safe on roads.

* Being a hardcore petrol head, more than romantic movies, I'll be happy to see Rohit Shetty's movies as they involve cool stuff about cars.

* Marriage anniversary date is not that important (it includes lot of unnecessary monetary expense) as the car insurance renewal date. If i miss insurance renewal, my car will be not in road worthy condition and its illegal to drive it. However, forgetting the marriage anniversary isn't illegal any ways.

* If I am unwell, and you take the car for service, make sure to check the stuff done at workshop properly. It is as important as you check up your haircut at beauty parlor.

* Under any circumstance, you will not compare my driving skills with that of your friend's husband.

* You will not advise me whether to fill nitrogen or normal air in the tyre. Simply because normal air comes for free and saving upon it a 100 bucks would fetch you a KFC krusher!

* Do not ever, under any circumstance show your better half thread like http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/member-s-lounge/3028-your-car-vs-your-girlfriend.html. Else be ready for uncalled for consequences.

That's pretty much all, I hope you all out there will have a pleasant day after sharing these rules with your wives/gf.

Regards

Akash

It does come, in a much smaller frame than the well built, powerful and all conquering male species. It speaks softly, appear frail, can be lifted with one hand, keeps saying "everything depends on the male" and demands more time. Its normal weapons are a "genuine smile, a warm hug and kiss". Below the belt weapon is "silent treatment" and nuclear-grade weapon is a tiny tear. The male of the species, which never had the habit of listening to its parents, starts listening; listening more and more. Gradually each and every soft spoken word is obeyed to. The stubborn and solid rock doesn't know when it became weak and started melting. The harder the core, the faster it melts.

The elegant female species has acquired a healthy stock of bottles, thro' so many generations of DNAs. Watching other females, new bottle shapes are also made. She pours the now liquefied male into these different shaped bottles as per HER requirement. Some of the bottles are called “Total Control, King, Head of Family” etc. Sometimes egotistical males are vaporized to occupy high volume shapes like "Hero, Style King, F-1 Driver etc". Unfortunately, the average male believes in its current shape; never realizing that the current status is decided by the species with ultimate control [;)].

The status-transformed males that have understood this reality, feel delighted as more rocks join their ranks. They also watch with eternal interest, as other solids get ready to be melted. I AM watching [evil].

PS: My high command has made me believe that I am fooling her with some office work. I fooled her, I fooled, I fool ...

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Na she's not like that. I am the one who speaks of shoes as well[lol] she only buys when she needs something. And I am totally opposite. Ordered a shampoo gun from aliexpress which I haven't used even once :p

She has come from 'I do not know this car name' to 'Is this XXXX [;)]'.

Majority of our evening walks involves one way discussion about automobiles [lol], she just pretends to listen.

Both of us get our souls satisfied, I love talking/looking at cars and she likes just walking with me[:D].

Whenever I opens TAI, she just see cars and with a sigh, she leaves me alone!! But after I take her out in lot of cars and talk about cars, she starts appreciating cars for what it offers. Even she identified the boat like ride of our Xylo and said, "I travel in Xcent than going in that boat!!" .I was floored!

Thread Starter #29

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Whenever I opens TAI, she just see cars and with a sigh, she leaves me alone!!
Because you are "FD Papa" now. Her reaction is totally justified!

Even she identified the boat like ride of our Xylo and said, "I travel in Xcent than going in that boat!!" .I was floored!
Just as they say "Good Deeds begin at home", so same ways, at times "Competition also begins at Home".

Shri FD ji[lol] Do remember, never ever compete with woman who has knowledge. You'll be fired left, right and center! As it is one can't win an argument or discussion with any woman so it becomes even more intense if you discuss on a common topic of interest with a lady who has knowledge of it.

Regards

Akash

Too young to answer.
Browse TAI atleast twice a day, even during examination.
But parents reaction when results are out, is a big 'NO' for it. But again they feel proud that I know little bit about cars (its nearly 10% what I know when compared to experts) and my parent's friends ask me which car to buy. [:D]

Top Bottom