What's Your Better-Half's Reaction on Your T.A.I Browsing?

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear Team,

It is a known fact that all those who have joined this community i.e The Automotive India or TAI are hardcore petrol-heads and really love and respect their passions for cars and anything that moves on wheels.

But, When you are at home, how does it make your better half feel when you stay glued to TAI and in the process often miss-out on the regular works of home.

What does your better half tell you when he/she sees you secretly browsing TAI page?

I am sure, everyone here has something really interesting to share!

Looking forward for your replies

Regards

Akash

PS: The un-married folks can share their parent's reactions!

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It all depends on whether you are in 1st / 2nd / 3rd decade of post marriage
It is always the same case buddy, marriage duration just increases the expectation for time. For me, my fiancee and parents are always on one side and I am often told by her to marry my cars instead of her.

She makes that ignorant face whenever I am browsing the forum. Earlier when I was not a member, I visited offline, even then she was always nagging!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Expressions depend on which thread am I browsing.

Initial days : Don't you have a better job?
During car buying decision : You will be buying what you like, why bother other members?
Technical : Err..!
TAI meet discussion : So this weekend is yours? Get lost
Travelogues : Which is our next plan?

My better half was happy when i used to browse TAI while planning our new car. She was more happy reading reviews and dreaming in various Travelouge. Now she is not interested in this but still she is proud that i know many things in car as compared to her friends hubby [cheers]

What else one wants, thanks to TAI [clap]

Luckily for me its different. My wife also drives with me & she is intrested in cars. Although she is not ointrested in techncial front but she does enjoy reading ownership reviews in TAI & other related stuff. So whenever I am in front of latop I do share few good topics discussed in TAI & she enjoys reading. No blame comes to me as I showcase I do it for her [;)]

My wife is very very geeky and not clingy, we both have separate PC, Laptop, Tab and love surfing the web. It is a dream come true for me. We have exact same interests (Gaming, Cricket, Music, Movies, Gadgets, Cars). Guests feel unattended in our home. We are happy with each other.

When I was newly married, My wife complained I never allow her to sit on PC. Solution to this having separate PC, Laptop and Tab for her. We have separate room for our geeky activities. I have 2 large custom made tables. She is a very good car driver, loves detailing and maintaining the rides. I normally just wash the car, whereas she waxes them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My wife is very very geeky and not clingy, we both have separate PC, Laptop, Tab and love surfing the web. It is a dream come true for me. We have exact same interests (Gaming, Cricket, Music, Movies, Gadgets, Cars). Guests feel unattended in our home. We are happy with each other.
When I was newly married, My wife complained I never allow her to sit on PC. Solution to this having separate PC, Laptop and Tab for her. We have separate room for our geeky activities. She is a very good car driver, loves detailing and maintaining the rides. I normally just wash the car, whereas she waxes them.
Excellent! Loved reading your post. God willingly my fiancee should learn from this. I'll make her read this post for sure. Also, ladies do have an eye for perfection and finer details. Mine is always pestering me to divide my time or else she can find an alternate. I always tell her, aren't you satisfied by ruining my passion that you wan't to ruin the happiness of someone?

At times this goes like a bouncer, just above her head!!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Can you all guess what gift I got yesterday[surprise]?

It was our anniversary of meeting each other 3 years ago on the 14th of May and every 14th I wish her (have no choice left!)

Yesterday as per official protocol, messaged her and surprisingly did not get a reply (felt an unusual happiness though[;)]) but that happiness was really short lived!

She called me! While talking I mentioned about Pajero Sport being launched and that I'll be writing a review.

She said go and marry that Pajero and don't ever call back!

I was the like, happy to the core but again an anti climax! She called me back today and I am back to being a helpless fiancee!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Formulated in the interest of TAI enthusiasts!

Hi all, here is a suggestion from the soon to be married fellow! I believe there should be PDF document which can be called as the "Relationship agreement" like Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper of Big Bang Theory has prior to the greatest volcanic eruption in a man's life i.e marriage. The would-be wife/ or the existing one should be told the conditions of the same.

1) Browsing of TAI is not subject to any specific time of day. I am an enthusiast first then a husband!

2) While typing the post; it should be well understood that you will not disturb me as it may lead to an infraction for spelling mistakes. For any infraction received by me, your monthly pocket expense shall be cut by a 1000 rupees.

3) In the event of any type expense that needs to be done on your shopping, it will be only considered once I am logged out of the forum.

4) For a TAI meet you will be provided a notice of 24 hours. Do your make-up at the speed of 100 km/h so that we are in time and do not miss it. I can miss your TV soap but not the meet.

5) After coming back from work we shall discuss highlights of the forum over the dinner table irrespective whether you cook Chinese, Japense, Indian or American dishes. However, Momo are exempted.

6) After marriage, Please learn driving, because if I am browsing the forum or involved with it then it will be your duty to pick up the kids from school/ coaching class.

The above stated rules are non-negotiable until the life of your husband-cum-TAi-ian is facing a threat of breakfast, lunch or dinner being discontinued by you until further notice. Please read them carefully before proceeding any further. I appreciate your cooperation in making my life worth living even after marriage.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Formulated in the interest of TAI enthusiasts!

Hi all, here is a suggestion from the soon to be married fellow! I believe there should be PDF document which can be called as the "Relationship agreement" like Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper of Big Bang Theory has prior to the greatest volcanic eruption in a man's life i.e marriage. The would-be wife/ or the existing one should be told the conditions of the same.
Admins, a legibly printed laminated copy of this should be made available under "Merchandise" section for members to buy as many and circulate!:lol!:
Well written Akash1886, you represent many people's mind here! [clap]

Thread Starter #14

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I wonder, about what wonders you are talking about
My dear as you were curious to know the "wonders" so here is a glimpse of how a non-petrol head fiancee treats a petrol-head fiancee!

Conversation of June this year. Wonder No.1

So, As I was in Mumbai yesterday with my special one at her home, I switched on the laptop and browsed the forum while she cleaned her room and the home. She is a cleanliness freak. Before I switch on my laptop everyday I wipe it off with a duster.

Her: Duster kahan hai ? (where is the duster)

Me: As I was engrossed in reading a comparative thread on a forum for Duster so I said Diesel one or Petrol one?

Her: You dumb head, normal cloth one not the car.

Me: Oh! Sorry yaar.

Her: Are you again browsing cars ?

Me: Holding laptop close to me, Ya ?

Her: Get Out!!

Me: Why ?

Her: I said, move out right now or else!!

Me: Lunch ?

Her: Fend for yourself, You won't get anything here.

So, I as a guilty looking Labrador came out of our home. I thought, she got annoyed because of a Duster so I thought I will buy a Duster and give it to her.
Though Eventually I had booked Ertiga!

Now, When I went car accessory shopping with my Fiancee in Mumbai!

Again conversation of June this year: Wonder no.: 2

I went to Mumbai to spend an evening with my special one. She prepared a curry called Fish Koliwada which I really liked and we chatted about a few good threads on a automotive forum for a long-while till she said I have 2nd thoughts about our marriage!!

I was so amazed with that dish that today morning I called her up again to check on her temperature. Here is the conversation which actually followed;

9:15am

Me: Calling her

Her: Kya hei ? (What is it)

Me: Fumbled, Shopping ?

Her: All of sudden ? You and Shopping? server down hai ? (Is the server down)

Me: No, Just thought. Reach to my hotel at 11am.

Her: Done. Will have lunch together. It's your punishment!

Me: hmmm...do I have a choice?

Her: You better not have one.

So, the conversation ended and at 11 am she came all the way from Vasai to Vile Parle. We left for the market. I was afraid and softly asked her can I buy a car accessory ? And there she said "NO". Please just 1 thing. With a straight face she said "Why don't you marry your car ?"

I said, Lets go to Sion. I don't know where it is but it has a good car market and it is also called Koliwada. She drove me there and all the way I had to bear the fire. After we reached I went around looking for a transparent car protection kit and I finally found one at Laxman Auto Store Sion.

After buying it I returned back and as a typical one she asked me "How Much ?". Well it's for 850/-. What ? Why didn't you bargain ? So, I just said I thought it was fine since MRP says INR 1000/- Hence, I saved 150 you see.

Her reply, "Totally useless".
Now Mr. Releesh, having mentioned the above for your kind interest[;)] You owe me a Diet Coke!! Make it a point when ever we shall meet you'll treat me.[:)]

Moral of the story: Choose your Car and Better Half wisely!

Issued in Public Interest![lol]

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom