What's This Thing in Maruti 800 (2002) LHD?

Thread Starter #1
hello, i am new member in this great forum
I just wanted to be here from along time ago, And here i am

anyway, I recently bought maruti800 used 2002 model and it's pretty awesome car
i just wondering what is this things marked with red below and what they does??

thanks to you all in advance.
bye

Attachments

Re: What is this things in m800 ?!!

Bro something is wrong here. firstly the brake fluid container should be on left side rather than right and the thing you marked should be on right side rather than left. Also this thing is some sort of filter 9not sure what exactly) but is there in all carburetor vehicles (M800). seems yours is a non AC model. Please confirm if the vehicle has not been tampered with or modified by previous owner. this picture has many flaws as per standard vehicles (Gurus correct me if i am wrong here)

The container on the left is a purge for excess fuel from carburettor/TB and pressure release from the fuel tank. Its found in all marutis but in different places. The green-yellow thing im guessing is the a/c vaccum actuator solenoid. But this is the first time im seeing a m800 with the brake master cylinder on the other side!!! Please post some closeup shots of this rare specimen :O

EDIT: I think the brakes were modified - the master cylinder looks exactly like that of the zen.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Bro something is wrong here. firstly the brake fluid container should be on left side rather than right and the thing you marked should be on right side rather than left. Also this thing is some sort of filter 9not sure what exactly) but is there in all carburetor vehicles (M800). seems yours is a non AC model. Please confirm if the vehicle has not been tampered with or modified by previous owner. this picture has many flaws as per standard vehicles (Gurus correct me if i am wrong here)

sorry i forgot to say I'm from Egypt we used to be left-hand traffic
so everything in Indian cars is inverted in Egyptian cars
and i confirm that the car is in stock condition.

The container on the left is a purge for excess fuel from carburettor/TB and pressure release from the fuel tank. Its found in all marutis but in different places. The green-yellow thing im guessing is the a/c vaccum actuator solenoid. But this is the first time im seeing a m800 with the brake master cylinder on the other side!!! Please post some closeup shots of this rare specimen :O

EDIT: I think the brakes were modified - the master cylinder looks exactly like that of the zen.
Thanks [arungn] for your answer and ammm it's left-hand traffic design I'll post more of my car pictures in my profile gallery.
regards,
Mohamed

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah okay i thougt they call it suzuki sprint in egypt, "maruti" made all the confusion :)
Looks like suzuki uses zen MC afterall. Please tell me how much did you get it for? afaik suzi's are dirt cheap in the gulf.

Thread Starter #6

Ah okay i thougt they call it suzuki sprint in egypt, "maruti" made all the confusion :)
Looks like suzuki uses zen MC afterall. Please tell me how much did you get it for? afaik suzi's are dirt cheap in the gulf.
No it's called Suzuki Maruti, And did you know it's from 1997 till 2011 there is no change in the car and non-AC
and it's price is 39,000 EGP = 6,490.25 US Dollar
and i bought it 22,000 EGP = 3,661.17 US Dollar [clap]

by the way my friend has also m800 and he has modified i think you'll like it. see attachments

how to upload them in inventory ??

Attachments

So this car is still selling there? Yeah it had the same features all these years.

Wow your freinds car looks extreme...mazda headlites (?), atos dashboared, red red everywhere...but the design is way too overboard (imho) but the finish looks nice. And NONO steering wheel :lol!:

Please post pics of your car...I want to see a LHD 800 insideout:biggrin: (last i saw back in '93)

Thread Starter #8

So this car is still selling there? Yeah it had the same features all these years.

Wow your freinds car looks extreme...mazda headlites (?), atos dashboared, red red everywhere...but the design is way too overboard (imho) but the finish looks nice. And NONO steering wheel :lol!:

Please post pics of your car...I want to see a LHD 800 insideout:biggrin: (last i saw back in '93)
i don't think that in gulf there is Maruti, but i've heared about alto is spread there and they like it
All what you said about replacement is right except the headlights is from Mitsubishi lancer 1993 he had to cut from the Maruti chassis to fit it in
and yeah NONO is copied from MOMO
and thats my car,

Attachments

Dude thats a nice clean car. Looks like maruti did some magic there-new exteriors-old dash-new steering-old rvm's-rear wipers-rear glass heater-bumper reflectors...great. Get those park lights and bumpers aligned and she'll look much better [thumbsup]

Top Bottom