What's the use of writing 'PRESS' outside a car?

Thread Starter #1
Okey I was wondering this from some days; so thought to ask this here.

What's the use of writing the word 'PRESS' outside a car?

Why do people write press outside their car on their front and rear windshield?

Agreed that these are people from Press/ News channels, etc.

Are tolls free for people having Press cards?

(Because I have seen people who have written PRESS on their car dont pay toll!)

Are dark tints allowed for press people?

Thanks

Amandeep
aka
Gears1313

AMG

Suspended
PRESS gives you certain privileges.

Like free parking, in VIP events, permission to go where other common cars are not allowed etc etc.

AMG

Suspended
Ideally, you need to.

But no one bothers to check it.

Just in the same way the cops dont dare to stop a White Ambassador with red light.

Thread Starter #5
Ideally, you need to.

But no one bothers to check it.

Just in the same way the cops dont dare to stop a White Ambassador with red light.
So even I should put a PRESS sticker on my ride!:lol!:
Nwayz jokes apart;
Are tolls free for these people?

Are dark tints allowed for them?

Its getting way too sick these days, The boy who throws the newspaper at our gates has a 'PRESS' sticker on his bike. What the heck? Even saw a guy who is a waiter at a Bar with a 'PRESS' sticker on his scooter. I guess non-journalist types use it to scare the cops on the road and let them get away with whatever non-sense they do.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Its getting way too sick these days, The boy who throws the newspaper at our gates has a 'PRESS' sticker on his bike. What the heck? Even saw a guy who is a waiter at a Bar with a 'PRESS' sticker on his scooter. I guess non-journalist types use it to scare the cops on the road and let them get away with whatever non-sense they do.
They might end up in a mess if they are caught; and if they fail to produce the Press card![surprise]

Agree with you. The scenario is the same throughout the country. Even my dads friend who is a businessman by profession has this so called "PRESS" sticker on the front and rear windshield.

Thread Starter #13
The advantages far outweigh the risks.
Ya exactly! I was also thinking the same.

And where can you find an Ambassador with red lights. AFAIK all ministers use better cars now.
Aare he just gave an example for better explaining.

but the person should be from Press then only one should use it, otherwise it is an offense.
I think that doesn't matter; but you should have a Press card.[confused]

I never knew having the PRESS sticker had so many privileges![surprise]
Happy awakening buddy! [evil]

350Z

Core Team
Just as the doctors and lawyers, authenticated media people have press sticker pasted on their cars but you need to have a valid identity card for same, which does not means that any employee of a media can shamelessly paste it. The cars with press stickers have certain privileges such as permission to enter in restricted area and sometimes media persons also have reserved seats in public vehicles. However, having this authority does not grants you any permission to break general traffic rules, like jumping signals, jet black tints or whatever.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom