What's Next Best Hatch in India?

Next Hot Hatch

• Total voters
I voted for chevy Beat, looks good, nice new interiors as well as console, and with chevy maintainence package its surely going to make some good heat in market.Polo doesnt appeal that good.

I agree with you RSM.Polo if bear most of its international standards(all cant be expected), and if priced relevantly according to its segment, then it will be deffinitely a big threat to its other segment sharers in India.Lets hope the best option.

I liked the design and styling of Beat, but no comments on it until we get the exact package details ,it is offering after it is being revealed.But I can bet on the chevrolet service structure and its engine performance.Lets see what it brings.

What about Nissan Micra guys???

But its definite that i10,wagon-r,alto and other similar cars are hard to replace as they are of great VFM, and most bIndian buyers prefer VFM alot over other features.

I've voted for Beat. It'll be priced very good and when the Fiat's multijet engine finds its place, it'll be a very good seller.

Polo will be an awesome package, but it is a big hatch with big price and won't find many buyers like small hatches.

Figo has good scope too. But i doubt Ford's performance. I'd be surprised if Ford keeps its new found image for 2 years.

Micra, I've not seen a single Nissan dealer. And i've not seen more than 10 Nissan cars here. Nissan has got a long way to go. I assume Micra, like other Nissan's will be expensive to maintain.

What is the definition of HOT HATCH ?

Hot by performance or looks ?

If performance - Polo with the 1.2 TSI engine

Looks - Beat

Performance & looks both - POLO [:D] That's the reason i have voted for POLO.

Last edited:
Where Punto in this list ! Come on, its too early to get OLD [:)] I understand that all the above 4 are yet be launched. But IMO that will not create a deeper hit to FIAT. May be the story will differ for MSIL, Hyndai and TATA.

Out of the above options, I will give my vote to POLO. However, if FIAT Punto was there, I would have vote for Punto !

IMO Polo and Beat will be the hot hatches! I love looks and interiors of both cars.
all am waiting is for the Excl. drive reports by TAI. so that i can have my final say [:)]

350Z

Core Team
RSM said:
Polo worldwise is very successful car. I know they have made some modifications to Indian version, but i hope that they are similar to international standard. If they keep Polo how it is outside, it will be a major threat to all in its category.
Exactly. Many Indians were expecting the similar shaped Polo as its seen in International Markets, But VW has given a bit surprise. Let's wait and watch how is Volkswagen handles other things and have they really understood this Competitive Indian Hatchback Market before stepping in?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #24
Micra has not created any interest yet as its going to be launched after a while. I am sure Nissan's car will generate interest once we have more information.

Beat stole this poll. I think micra is far behind due to its going to be launched after sometime, also it doesnt look as appealimg as Beat and Figo.

i was just going to start a new thread but then found this one. Mods please add the Polo in list too now!

I think it is the Ford Figo. While my heart may "Beat" for the Polo (pun intended), my head says that the Ford Figo is the next big thing in the Indian hatch segment. It has just the right ingredients to be a success in India. Great build quality, nice, spacious interiors, pleasing design, smooth, tractable and fuel-efficient engines, typically brilliant Ford ride and handling characteristics coupled with a killer-price tag. Properly sorted A.S.S would ensure that the Figo takes the No.1 spot in the premium hatch segment right from the day its launched.

350Z

Core Team
Ford is in a no light mood for game in India, since they’ve already opened up many dealerships across the country in a one single day, It’s probably enough to prove same. However, they need to throw in more and more efforts to grab a little market share in this segment. From what I read, The pricing is attractive indeed by my final word about car will be out only after checking it in person. By the way, Did you went to check the car yesterday, Do update the respective thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
Properly sorted A.S.S would ensure that the Figo takes the No.1 spot in the premium hatch segment right from the day its launched.
That is probably too optimistic. Replacing swift from top hatch will take significant time. Also, though i personally feel now that Figo is better, VW does have brand image. And by looks, ride & handling, its is tough to overtake Germans. So let us wait for few more months and see who will be next winner.

Top Bottom