What You Like: Self Drive or Chauffeur Driven?

What You Like: Self Drive or Chauffeur Driven?

• Self Driven

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Chauffeur Driven

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #17

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Am I the odd one out? I usually prefer driver to ferry me around. I only drive when I feel to. The Polo is only driven by me. The Ertiga is under driver.
You are not alone here buddy. I have 2 chauffeurs for my cars. One is always with dad and drives Esteem and the other one is with me for my City Ivtec. For the past 6 years my driver has been there with me but I do keep my driving skills under check by driving randomly and I am aware of any niggles that have not been told by my driver. Just yesterday I drove for 30 kilometers in my City Ivtec.

Regards

Akash

I don't feel comfortable with other drivers, what ever may be their skill / experience. Only day I let the Chauffeur drive my car was on the day of my wedding.

I avoid chauffeurs mainly because:
- I love driving
- Privacy

If it's my car, ever since I've learnt driving.. I don't feel comfortable sitting as a passenger in it.. I love driving it irrespective of how much traffic or anything else. I just don't feel it safe to give it in hands of someone else.[drive]

To be frank, my Fiesta's 1 lakh was 50-50 driven by my Driver and Me. Its a real pleasure to hold the wheel for myself and the passion still continues in my life. But the hectic schedule's and frequent highway trips makes him drive.

I Love to drive and I always have a feeling that my driving to be loved by others.

If its my car I love to drive by myself for rented one Driver is always perfect. But moreover ghat driving is like one of my passion

Self driving. I hate to be in passenger seat and the boredom kills me a lot. But, for city driving in peak traffic if its gonna be a routine drive then I prefer to be chauffeured around inorder to avoid the knee pain caused by operating the clutch very often.
During long drives, me and my dad take turns to beat the tiredness and not once we have hired the driver for long drives.
Privacy is another thing I am concerned about while hiring the chauffeur.

Yesterday I met my friend after a long time & I realized he had 6 & currently 3 drivers,but he never got his driver along for long trips when it involved money or on personal trips with friends.
I silently guessed all the news about people doing crazy crimes for money has him spooked.
Since he is a developer & money involved is high,I guess this paranoia exists with many businessmen.

I remember an industrialists known to my parents who long ago when the Honda Civic launched had bought one car for each city where he had his business(across India) & never used a driver cos of privacy.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I guess being and auto enthusiast's forum, the folks here prefer self driven! Atlest I do.
If feel a driver does not drive as good as us. He has less knowledge of Various functions/buttons and does not shift gears as frequently as needed.
He also invades the privacy. Also, on long Vacation a dedicated driver can really be an expense due to food and hotel bills and other allowances.

It depends on the kind of car one owns also.I personally feel insecure while handing my car to other than close friends and family members.I enjoy driving irrespective of condition prevailing in road,even though it would irritate me sometimes.

After two near fatal accidents (one with me driving, & another with friend driving & me in co-passenger seat)& several minors, I was forced to be chauffer driven. Then gradually I became used to it, i.e. no need to find parking slot - driver just drop & pickup near main door, no need to go with wife / family person everywhere just to drive them, car is under supervision while parked, no need for limit while party with friends & late go home etc. But after visit this forum & reading all posts, suddenly sober driver in me is re-born, & now I grab every opportunity to drive by myself & plan some interstate drive in future with suitable company.

Great topic !
I also prefer self driving, even dad brings a chauffer i'll be the one driving. Even I'm allowed to drive as per my wish. but we wont allow the chauffer to do so !

Team Buddies,
So, I would like to know, what you actually prefer/ like i.e to self drive the car or being driven around by a chauffeur

Akash
Like to be chauffeured in cars like verna,city ,ciaz during long boring drives or in city traffic.
Both has certain advantages and like dressing are supposed to differ according to situations
Going to college in a chauffeur driven car--too dorky.
Going to a marriage reception/diwali shopping in a chauffeur driven car--ok.

Like formals and casuals, one should be ok with both.

When meeting some important people like politicos or higher govt officials it is better to have a driver. It is very difficult to park your car and meet these people in places like secretariat,collector office,court etc. Also shopping, pilgrimage needs a chauffeur.
I at present hire only one particular driver, i know his family, background etc ,He is a good driver, drives the way you instruct. If he is not available i self drive.

Last edited:
Can I change my vote? Well, since around 2 months I am chauffeur driven (even for Polo too, just push the front passenger seat to it's extreme ahead position and put down the backrest too on dash, it works well then). you can say that after changing twice, the third guy felt up to the mark and I have started loving being chauffeured. Be it full night drives, busy schedule or tough city drive; just leave the wheel to him and concentrate on what is needed to be done (Including sleeping). I also have been driving time and again but it's mostly chauffy now EXCEPT on hills, there it is me and only me [evil]

Top Bottom