What would you change in the Motor Vehicles Act

Thread Starter #1
The current Motor Vehicles Act is quite old, has got a lot of loopholes and a lot of silly and outdated rules. So suggest what changes are to be made.

Thread Starter #3
From my side:
-Registration number painted on the sides needs to go.
-Stop signal, red reflective tape etc on the rear needs to go.
-HSVRP's compulsory.
-Smart card Licences & RC compulsory.
-Yearly fitness test (Like UK MOT).
-Uniform tax.
-Registration number portability.

Most importantly, Driving Licences to be issued based on Individual Merrits; Driving Skills/Knowledge; Knowledge on Traffic Regulations/Guidelines etc. and not based on Driving Schools and their influence with RTO. I am sure, everyone around here must have known at least one or two guys, holding a valid Driving Licence and dont know driving... I know few people at least [frustration]

Thread Starter #6
Compulsory strict traffic rules exam to get licence.
We already have that (on paper at least)

Most importantly, Driving Licences to be issued based on Individual Merrits; Driving Skills/Knowledge; Knowledge on Traffic Regulations/Guidelines etc. and not based on Driving Schools and their influence with RTO. I am sure, everyone around here must have known at least one or two guys, holding a valid Driving Licence and dont know driving... I know few people at least [frustration]
That is how I got my licence. I was asked a lot of traffic rules, identification of traffic signs, and also told to describe the whole procedure of changing a flat tyre with all the safety aspects.
All this despite my aunt working in RTO and also a very good friend being a RTO inspector.

Top Bottom