What will Be Diesel Price If Market Is Open. Will it Be Worth to Buy Diesel Car?

Does Diesel Car worth to buy in upcoming time.

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Still Hope Rs 10/- differance will remain.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Well said points Raj! I will anyday pick a diesel over a petrol as my daily running is almost close to 100km a day. And we plan most of trips in cars rather than a train or flight so a diesel is more economical than a petrol in highways!

But hoping diesel to be atleast Rs.10 lesser than petrol always!

350Z

Core Team
Got a news that diesel price has come down by around Rs.2?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Down to Rs.2?
You mean Rs.2/L ?
I am going to buy a diesel vehicle as soon as i can.

AMG said:
I dont care a damn about the environment.
Actually you should,you will in the next ten years.

AMG said:
If I did, I would have been driving a Reva.
A Reva wont do any good to the environment cause it runs on electricity which is made by thermal power plants & hydro electric projects will be history soon.

AMG said:
And there is no thing as global warming, its all media hype.
No it is not,I am a farmer as well,we already see the difference and have begun to get hit.

AMG said:
And diesel polluting less than petrol is the funniest thing I have ever heard.
Diesel is usually more polluting but like he said,it can be less harmful if used with the backing up of the right technology.

AMG said:
And I love the way Petrol smells
I used to too,but that was when it was leaded.

Last edited:
I'd prefer diesel over petrol any day. Even with the free market, the price hike for diesel wont be that high, as diesel is used for transportation and it would lead to inflation. I think this system wont affect diesel.
People talk about high purchase and maintenance cost of diesel. But i think diesel fairly compensates that with low cost of diesel and better resale value at the end. But then it depends on one's usage. For ours, buying a petrol would be a disaster.

Reasons on why diesel over petrol.

Diesel engines are fuel efficient than Petrol engines as they burn the fuel more efficiently.

In India, diesel is more easily available on a highway than petrol.

Removing subsidy for diesel will cause a catastrophic effect in the nation’s economy. As India is large, transportation has a major impact in pricing of commodities and a raise in transportation cost will lead to rise in commodity prices. If the government fix different price for transport/commercial vehicle with respect to other diesel vehicle, there will be a possibility of black marketing of fuel.

So let’s wait and watch.

Top Bottom