What Type of Cars Do Women Prefer Most?

Women prefers to be in a...

• Total voters
manza was bought due to my aunt - her rule was simple , it must be a sedan. Only that looks like a car .

Else it would have been a punto or vista and last option figo in the budget of 6L.

No ladies in home like to climb in my sierra - my mom has no other choice!! hehe.. But they have got a 800 to eliminate sierra climbing and work is going on that .

I asked several girls about this and they told me that they feel more pleasure in a Sedan than in a SUV when they are travelling with their man.
Vivian,
I know this was unintentional but I almost fell off my chair yesterday night while reading this :lol!:

What I know is they prefer hatch like Jazz for themselves to drive, like to see SUV from outside & when they want to be chauffeured around, it has to be sedan. A relative of mine booked BMW X3 without informing his wifey. Somehow this news leaked & he ended up in buying 5 series [lol].

Now tell me, which one ladies prefer between these 2 :-

Attachments

Why women not driving fiat and tata cars?

Last week, my friend was asking what car to buy for his wife. We were 5-6 guys in the discussion and the choices came up were Dzire, i20 and City. She is a good driver and wants a 'big' car.

No one suggested any Fiat or Tata cars. This made me think and actually I realized, I don't know any females driving any Punto or Linea or Indica. I don't recollect seeing any female drivers in these cars, on the road also.

In my office there are girls driving maruti, hyundai, honda cars. And there is a girl coming in Duster also. Not in my office, but same building.
Why no Fiat?

Re: Why women not driving fiat and tata cars?

Hang ho,

The Punto QJT next to my parking in my apartment is driven by a lady.

My wife's one friend drives Indigo GSX (P), though they have another Santro at home. She had learned to drive in Zen though.

Exceptions prove the rule [:D]

Cheers,
Anshuman

I have spotted few girls driving Punto and Linea.
But frankly speaking my wife find it very difficult to drive Punto, because of the limited visibility.

A close lady friend of mine drives a Punto MJD and gives me a feeling of sitting besides Narain Karthikeyan. [;)] I agree that you'd find lesser puntos and Qjet90 with ladies behind the driver's wheel but it's not that they totally keep off Tata and Fiats.

Apart from being gender biased, Tata cars are less accepted by personal car segment. Many people still see it as Taxi/fleet type vehicles.

Tatas has still not got it over with Vista or Manza which runs as taxis all over the place.[frustration]

Though i am very late to this thread, i would like to mention that in my office, one of our manager she is around 45-50 years old drives an Indica xeta and sometimes her husbands car, a Logan petrol! one of our lady advacte also drives an Indica petrol.one of our colegue usinga VW jetta and another lady coming in a Quanto. There are plenty of them coming in alto,santro , swift and innova too.

Our earlier GM she was around 38 years old and very lean, loves Tata SUV/UVs. She was using a tata safari dicor and a sumo victa. Before 3years she changed her victa to a White sumo grande gx. That grande was a real looker with the macho alloys and tire. Once i had got a chance to drive and check out the grande when she want to evaluvate the car to convert it to company lease. ohh man, i never saw a tata car's engine room that much clean. It was look like it just came out of showroom 2 days before. Interier also very clean and she even using a seperate chappel(looks like made of clothing material) for driving the car. This grande was only 13K km run after 2 years.

Last edited:
My girl still loves SUV's and she has got a new reason now "it gives me confidence"!!
I feel like [cry] for other road users when I see her holding the keys of a 170 bhp monster.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I don't remember if I've shared this before, but here goes-
I think we guys tend to stereotype women. The discussion is more in detail here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ue-boy-hyundai-i10-magna-detailed-review.html

Whenever I asked my Friends (Men) they all suggested I go for a small car with Auto Box. Even My dad suggested Go for a Maruti with AMT gearbox. However asking my girl totally changed the scenerio!

She said She loves Big Strong cars like Safari or XUV 500!!
When driving I noticed that she has a poor sense of width as of yet.(I never let her drive alone) The left wheels sometimes veered off the road (she is afraid when a big truck comes close on Non-divider roads and swerves). That saved my wallet from buying yet another SUV and I purchased an i10 manual! Maybe in 2 years she'll get an SUV.

She also Loved to shift gears and wanted a 6 or 7 speed gearbox with manual control or like Paddle-shifters in BMW![evil]

This was totally eye opening and just opposite of the 'Norm' about women that we gents have made. It maybe that my girl is unique, but eh...

Last edited:

Top Bottom