What Languages Do You Speak?

I am From Rajashtan, therefore Marwari is my native language then settled in delhi since 1978 so Hindi is now primary language beside that English is other spoken language here in delhi.
Most of my friends are Punjabi so now I can speak and understand Punjabi also. I can also read Gujrati and can understand it 75% and can speak 25%

Since my work (Exports) required that I speak most of European languages, therefore I learned French for three years and can speak Italian and Spanish a little bit also.My other business was touristic shop at Hotel Le Meridien in Delhi where I used to sell Touristic books, gift items and gold+diomond jewelry and was visited by tourist from world over hence I know little bit of Japanese also (I study Japanese for few days in the school also)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to learn the real Hindi, I've heard it has got some 8 papers. I just want to learn the spoken Hindi for communication. I think I should start watching more Hindi movies.

Not only that, if you listen to the real Hindi, it will be totally different! Do you remember the old Mahabharath series? That's one typical example for real Hindi, which is tough to master.

Thread Starter #33

350Z

Core Team
Cartoos, Please share some Japanese words with us if you still know them. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Konichiva means salutation, ari gatto means thankyou, like others.
I had closed down my retail shop 3years back, since then I am forgetting most of it.
Another word I remember Yasui mean cheap.
I don't know how they right these words so I tried to write them as hear them, I went to learn Japanese in 1991 only for few days.

Thread Starter #38

350Z

Core Team
That’s the spirit. Keep all that stuff coming. I have casually learned a few Spanish words but the sentence that I can speak and understand perfectly is only “Hola amigos, cómo son usted? I'm sure our mod Zinam is good in Spanish as well, He knows why. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

That’s the spirit. Keep all that stuff coming. I’ve casually learned a few Spanish words but the sentence what I can speak and understand perfectly is only “Hola amigos, cómo son usted? I'm sure our mod Zinam is good in Spanish as well, He knows why. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
BTW, I've never spoken, seen this mod's posts since I joined
TAI. Where's he??

Another word I remember from Japanese which we learned at the school " Anna tawa Indojin des ka" means I am from India.
Another one " wata sino Nihonjin des ka" means you are from Japan.

Hello Everyone!

It was nice to know all of the languages you guys can speak! Heres mine:

Telugu(Mother Tongue) Can speak
Kannada Speak, read and write
Hindi Speak, read and write
English Speak, read and write
Tamil - Can understand and speak bits
Malayalam - Can understand bits

Top Bottom