What Languages Do You Speak?

ditto!!! [:D]

I understand german a bit!!!
Also i know one word in malay "Awaz Anjing" [tongue] [:D]

I can speak Tamil , English( okay not great but not very bad either) fluently. Hindi i can speak okay but can understand clearly what others are speaking! Malayalam and Telugu i understand in bits and pieces but i cant speak and read them! Tamil , English and Hindi i can read well and understand fully!

I can speak - (In the order I was thought/learnt)
1. English
2. Hindi
3. Telugu 55%
4. Tamil < 30%
5. Kannada 65%
6. Sanskrit >50%

Tried to learn Urdu Malayalam and Marwadi, but not too sucessful, trying my hand at Bengali now.

I can write Hindi, Skt. and English only.

Last edited:
I can speak, read and write Malayalam, English, Hindi.
I understand Tamil and speak, though not fluent.
A bit of Kannada I can understand and speak.

I can speak Tamil , English( okay not great but not very bad either) fluently. Hindi i can speak okay but can understand clearly what others are speaking!
Well maybe i will take your test when i come to chennai. Till then i wil take Tamil lesson from my sister. The only word i know in tamil is "Vannakkam". Thats for you cooldhaya.

I am not sure whether whether it is really possible to learn the 'real Hindi'. However, to learn what we call as 'Hindi' watching lot of Bollywood movies and practicing the dialogues will help for sure.
I don't want to learn the real Hindi, I've heard it has got some 8 papers. I just want to learn the spoken Hindi for communication. I think I should start watching more Hindi movies.

I can read write and speak
1.Tamil (Mother tongue)
2.English

I was in Gujarat till my 3rd standard , i used to speak Gujarati and Hindi very well and even write them

But now almost forgot them

I can understand Hindi and reply in bits and pieces . but Gujarati - it went out of my mind totally

I can speak 'normal' (not so filmy) Hindi, thanks to Kendriya Vidyalaya Influence(I went there for 1 year) I could speak decent hindi before also, but perfected my language in KV. I got a good base in Skt. also in KV.

Well, I am not too much into learning new languages. Anyway, I can read as well as speak fluently in Hindi and English only. I can understand a bit of Marathi (and read it as well), Gujarati (though I don't understand most of it) and know some basic stuff in Spanish. That's it.

@ Akash You are most welcome , looking forward for the test![;)]

@ Crazycat Yeah there are 8 papers in Hindi , and i managed to complete 4 of them but later lost interest to continue after that![lol]

I can read,write and talk fluently in English and Tamil.
I can read Hindi and French little bit,as they were my third language in school.
Hindi was from 2nd till 7th standard,and French was in 11th till 12th.I hardly remember them as i never used to speak in Hindi or in French.

Top Bottom