What is Your Internet Provider and Plan?

For my WiFi and LAN purpose I use BSNL. I use the Unlimited RS.625 plan(Pardon me as not sure of speed). Quiet decent speed I get from this network.
For Mobile data I use Vodafone RS.650 plan. In this plan I get 3GB of 3G data and after 3GB it shifts into 2GB with no extra cost.That 3GB gets over quiet fast though[lol].

Airtel Service is sometimes pathetic. I had Airtel 4G wifi at home. 10GB @ rs 1200 and after FUP the speed is so low that I cant use the service at all. Also I really doubt their way of calculating the data transfer.
Now I use ACT fibrenet 50GB ( which includes 20GB free if we advance pay for 6 months) @ 30MBps, Rs 1000. After FUP i think its 4 Mbps.

Im getting BSNL Unlimited BB this weekend so in search of a modem + router!!
Confused between TP Link W8960N and W8968. Anyone using the above ? Also Im planning to install DD-WRT firmware which doesnt support these routers [frustration].SO Plan B is getting a modem and router separately and flashing the firmware in TP-Link WR740N(without modem). Im in a hurry so any help is appreciated.

Airtel Service is sometimes pathetic. I had Airtel 4G wifi at home. 10GB @ rs 1200 and after FUP the speed is so low that I cant use the service at all. Also I really doubt their way of calculating the data transfer.
Now I use ACT fibrenet 50GB ( which includes 20GB free if we advance pay for 6 months) @ 30MBps, Rs 1000. After FUP i think its 4 Mbps.

I am using the 8GB from 880 bucks. True that the capping of data is weird. For tracking purpose you can download the Huawei app . It's neat and reliable.

Confused between TP Link W8960N and W8968. Anyone using the above ? Also Im planning to install DD-WRT firmware which doesnt support these routers [frustration].SO Plan B is getting a modem and router separately and flashing the firmware in TP-Link WR740N(without modem). Im in a hurry so any help is appreciated.
I opted for BSNL combo 945 plan- 2 MBPS till 8 GB and 512 after. But got to know from some friends that post 8 GB BSNL is still working at 2 MBPS.
I have received BSNL preapproved router from Amazon. Its a week now I am using it and found it to be good. Its not yet switched off from last week
BSNL Approved Ramptel 300Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem/Router (11 - Buy BSNL Approved Ramptel 300Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem/Router (11 Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Latest is TD-W8968 which has USB support where you can plug-in 3g dongle, or printer sharing or hdd sharing. My brother has it since long and still working fine. Many of my friends got same model and are happy with it. Alternative is TD-W8961N which has no USB. TD-W8960N is old model, I believe.

What is DD-WRT firmware and why do you need it?

I opted for BSNL combo 945 plan- 2 MBPS till 8 GB and 512 after. But got to know from some friends that post 8 GB BSNL is still working at 2 MBPS.
Yes I'm using atleast 20gb every month at full speed. The speed doesn't drop after crossing 1gb FUP but modem should not be turned off or restarted.

I have even opted Rs. 100 topup for 2gb but was able to download 15gb at 2.5mbps speed, then after 24 hours it dropped to 512kbps.

Last edited:
Hi, i have Bsnl Broadband in my factory. I have UT-starcom & Tp link wr740n they working like charm. Flashing is not required at all. It's very easy first setup internet connection with Bsnl Modem and connect the Ethernet cable directly to Wr740n & setud tp-link software that's it!!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been using:

Idea 3G netsetter - 3GB unlimited for Rs.661 (inculding Tax). When full quota is over then speed reduced to 40Kbps

Reliance Pro 3 (Wifi) - 5GB unlimited (also free 5GB night usage i.e from 11pm to 6Am) for Rs.630 (inclusive of taxes). Once the full quota is over then speed reduced to 144Kpbs

In my area I got a combo offer form BSNL. Got to know that tis scheme is not at all exhanges. DO check at your exchange. The pan is for Rs 645 and you get 10 GB @ 4 MBPS and after that 512 KPBS.

Top Bottom