What is Wheel Alignment?

Thread Starter #1
Recently I have changed my tires and get the wheel aligned. as I have alloys the balancing is not done. After alignment the technician told me that there is some problem, though not very serious, in the left side. In a straight road if I leave the steering on a high speed the car will go to left. This is the problem as stated by the technician. he also informed this can not be corrected. Now I like to know what is a wheel alignment? Is it true that the problem mentioned by the technician can not be rectified? Pl. enlighten me about alignment.

Thanks.[confused]

+ 1 its complete bullshit by the technician, get a proper balancing and alignment job done outside. Also before balancing ensure u remove any stones stuck in the tyre patterns.

this shud solve the porblem in all probability unless u have steering/suspension/mounts issue.

Wheel allignment is not at all a problem and can be fixed easily at any authorized service centers or even at tire dealers. Nothing to panic.

Better practice is to get this done along with tire rotation after every 5000 kms or whenever u have hit a pot hole

I had same problem in my new polo when it passed through a pothole at very high speed. after that there is increase body roll in car and am not confident enough to steer at high speed at corner which i used to enjoyed earlier. and the car tends to pulls towards left. vw people not willing to accept the problem and they are saying its fine.according to me its cambor problem. have shown the car to many outside alignment shops, they say new cars have to setting for camber as there is setting for toe-in and toe-out. they say shocker have to be replaced. its only solution. plz guys throw some light on this. gd advise would be appreciated!!!!!

At 2k km my car had front wheel puncture thereby repaired it and alignment was done.
Now car has reached 7k km mark,is it necessary to do alignment?- as no alignment issue is there (Vehicle pulling,uneven tyre wear), as anyways at 10k km mark wheel balancing ,rotation and alignment is needed right ?

Re: What is Wheel Alignment - Recommendation / Charges in Pune?

My Polo 1.2 petrol done 18K KMS on stock tires, during my service @15K service center recommended for Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation and quoted Rs 1500 - 2000. So i refused it, i think it is on higher side.

Read on some forum/threads that WA/WB and TR done outside didn't work properly for Polo/VW cars, can anyone please suggest some good place to get it done for VW/Polo car here in Pune? and appreciate if any approximate costs.
Also, any other things to keep in mind doing this process.

Another question - got one puncture at 3K KMS, and and it was fairly big/large puncture required 3 puncture kits to seal that, since then its 1 year now and have no puncture on other tires. Wanted to check should i keep the punctured tires as spare wheel for now ? or should i sell it off and get a new one to keep as spare?
any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Re: What is Wheel Alignment - Recommendation / Charges in Pune?

My Polo 1.2 petrol done 18K KMS on stock tires, during my service @15K service center recommended for Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation and quoted Rs 1500 - 2000. So i refused it, i think it is on higher side.

Read on some forum/threads that WA/WB and TR done outside didn't work properly for Polo/VW cars, can anyone please suggest some good place to get it done for VW/Polo car here in Pune? and appreciate if any approximate costs.
Also, any other things to keep in mind doing this process.

Another question - got one puncture at 3K KMS, and and it was fairly big/large puncture required 3 puncture kits to seal that, since then its 1 year now and have no puncture on other tires. Wanted to check should i keep the punctured tires as spare wheel for now ? or should i sell it off and get a new one to keep as spare?
any inputs would be highly appreciated.
Most of the Authorized car service centers depend on a friendly wheel alignment center with in their vicinity. They don't own one of their own. And a Mc-Pherson strut is no rocket science. Almost every car today has it, just go to any reputed wheel alignment center in your locality and get the job done.
No worries, just keep it as spare wheel and keep moving. [;)]

Top Bottom