What is the Difference Between Fiesta LE & Exi.

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, I was looking at Fiesta LE and @ Rs. 5,87,236 ex-show room this looks a VLF car! But I am surprised to see the price of EXi, which is the base version priced at Rs. 6,51,140.

As far as I can see LE has got a CD player extra nothing else and still it is cheaper. Any idea why this is and what is ford up to [confused]

There are quite lot of differences !

1) Engine Type
2) Bore
3) Stroke
4) Gearing Ratio
5) wheels
6) Even Breaks :)

EXi has got DURASport, 16-V DOHC, Alloy wheels & Rear Wash Wipers

LE has DURATEC which is claimed to be lesser powerful that EXi & has a significant droppings in Top speed, braking & Performance.

Hope it is clear [cheers]

@Zinam, the engine that you are talking about, i.e. a 1.4lt DURATEC engine, has been discontinued long back. There is only one petrol and one diesel engine. Here I think, LE is a petrol and EXi is a diesel.

@shynish: From where did you get the prices? The limited edition Petrol is available only in few places and Its the Diesel LE which is available in most of the states and the base price was 6.43L. I have attached the link for LE Fiesta

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/C...&pagename=FIPL/DFYPage/Ford-Default&c=DFYPage

Let me know if this links clears your doubt. All these LE editions are EXI models with Dirver seat height adjuster, MP3 Player with 4 speakers & some chrome trims ... So the EXI model cannot be higher than the LE model of same fuel type & engine.

As mentioned by Dcargod 1.4 L Duratec & Durasport are no more in production and the only available options in Fiesta are 1.6 Duratec Petrol & 1.4 Duratorq Diesel.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
@shynish: From where did you get the prices? The limited edition Petrol is available only in few places and Its the Diesel LE which is available in most of the states and the base price was 6.43L. I have attached the link for LE Fiesta

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/C...&pagename=FIPL/DFYPage/Ford-Default&c=DFYPage

Let me know if this links clears your doubt. All these LE editions are EXI models with Dirver seat height adjuster, MP3 Player with 4 speakers & some chrome trims ... So the EXI model cannot be higher than the LE model of same fuel type & engine.

As mentioned by Dcargod 1.4 L Duratec & Durasport are no more in production and the only available options in Fiesta are 1.6 Duratec Petrol & 1.4 Duratorq Diesel.
The price I mentioned for LE is the price for 1.6 Duratech @ Mumbai. But the link you gave was really helpful. But, EX is still higher than LE ! May be they are selling of the old version of engines !

@Shynish: I am going to take my dad for a fiesta TD by this weekend and i can have it confirmed for you. And also would try to get some word out of the sales person

Thread Starter #10
Excellent! Also try to figure out what exactly are they up to [:)] I think, this LE offer is there to sell off old stock / engines.

Guys - I am unable to get any info from the sales guy ... he says that whereever they offer LE they do not provide EXI. For E.g In Chennai LE is offered only in Diesel and the quotation has only the LE price listed and there was no EXI for diesel. He was unable to give me a logical reason for Ford to take this stance.

Thread Starter #13
LOL!! Then it is clear.. they just want to clear the old stock + may be they have some thing new coming !!

Top Bottom