What Do You Think of Portable Pressure Washers?

Bosch aquatek 100 plus is 6999 @Home Town near marathahalli. But i feel its not powerful plus they dont show any interest in customer

Last edited:
Bosch launches professional High Pressure Washer

Bosch Power Tools announced the launch of their powerful and high performance range of professional High Pressure Washers (HPW) in India. Bollywood Actor – Prateik Babbar unveiled the High Pressure Washer along with Mr. Graeme Stokoe, Head of Business Development, Outdoor Cleaning Equipment and Mr. Vijay Pandey, Vice President, Bosch Power Tools India. The unveiling was followed by a live demonstration of the HPW range by Prateik Babbar at Taj West End, Bangalore.

Bosch offers a complete range of professional HPW’s in India, ideal for the hospitality, manufacturing, facade or contract cleaning, building sites, commercial vehicle, automotive, construction, service and repair sectors. High flow rate and powerful pressure together combine in significantly reducing the water consumption when compared to the traditional belt driven pressure washers. These tools are engineered to remove stubborn dirt and can perform in the most rugged environments. The launch of the professional HPW range sees Bosch Lawn and Garden enter a new product category via the newly formed Outdoor Cleaning Equipment Business unit. The organized cleaning segment in India is growing stupendously and now stands at Rs. 250 crore of which HPW segment constitutes 20 percent. Within this 40 percent of users are estimated to be ‘Do It Yourself (DIY)’ and 60 percent professional.

Experiencing the power of the professional HPW first hand, Bollywood actor Prateik Babbar said, “These tools are incredible. It is really impressive to witness Indian industries having access to world class cleaning technology.” Vijay Pandey, Vice President, Bosch Power Tools said “These tools will further strengthen our innovative edge in India and are designed to cater to the ever growing construction, public transport, commercial vehicle, automotive, public area and service and repair industry.” Speaking on the growth and development of Bosch Lawn and Garden, Graeme Stokoe, Head of Business Development, OCE said, “This is the first Professional High Pressure Washer Range introduced by Bosch. The emerging market growth in Asia Pacific provides ample opportunity for this range. This range has been designed specifically to cater for the requirements of heavy duty user in the toughest Indian terrain.” He added, “Bosch is a leading provider of technology and services, which develops and manufactures lawn and garden products across a worldwide platform. We are continuing to expand the product range and introduce more technically advanced products globally.”

Bosch is the world leader in the power tools segment. In India, the company plans to introduce the new products in a phased manner, which will be made available through a network of more than 600 Bosch authorized dealers and channel partners across 150 cities. The range will be available across India and priced at INR 40000/- to INR 100000/-.

Guys. Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I am looking at buying a good portable pressure washer to wash my cars and my bike. I have a budget of Rs. 10,000 (max Rs. 11,000). Which one is the best washer I can buy in that budget? I don't mind buying from online.

Please do help me out.

Regards,
Vipin

I am looking at buying a good portable pressure washer to wash my cars and my bike. I have a budget of Rs. 10,000 (max Rs. 11,000). Which one is the best washer I can buy in that budget? I don't mind buying from online.

Please do help me out.

Regards,
Vipin
If you manage to get one after a survey , just update here[evil]
I am looking to buy one after 3 or months from now.

My car is still at the garage( 9th month on row)

Please do help me out.

Regards,
Vipin
Hi Guys,

It’s so happened that I read this thread only now. Let me narrate my experience with BOSH pressure washer and other equipments I use it myself at home in Kerala. When I am in Bangalore, normally I do it at car wash center that is very close to the house, and they do a neat job and charge Rs 250/- for a body wash and Rs 400/- for full wash. But the situation in Kerala is different especially during the rainy season. The car gets dirty much faster and requires a wash very frequently.

And it is not feasible to take to the service station every now and then. So, I do it at home, and more over I consider it as an exercise too for my age. Let me share some experiences.

In 2008, I bought a BOSH pressure wash from an exhibition at Chennai. They said it costs Rs 13000/- and as a special launch offer, is available for Rs 7000/- plus. So I decided and booked, and they delivered the machine at my house in Chennai after two months, and the guy did a demo also. They said it got a warranty of one year. I was fully satisfied with the working of the machine. And occasionally I was using the machine there in Chennai. Exactly after 13 months, during a wash, I found some smoke coming out of the machine. Immediately I switched it off and called the BOSH people. And on the next day the service guy came, inspected the machine and the bill, said the warranty was just over and he had to take it to the service center for further inspection. Next day I got a call from them, saying the motor got burned and had to replace it and costs around Rs3000/-. I got a shock and asked, such a reputed brand product will stop working just after the warranty period and the life is only for 12 months. We were arguing for almost two weeks, and they asked me to send a mail to the HO, and they can do anything only on their direction.

Meanwhile, I did send a mail and waited for two weeks. The copy of the mail is attached herewith.

And after a fortnight I got a call from BOSH saying that my request had been considered and they were replacing the machine free of cost. I was relaxed and thought my efforts were never in vain. After a couple of days they delivered the new machine. And later I brought it to kerala and using it frequently. It has been 4 years or more now, it’s working perfectly alright till now, and of course, last year, I changed some ‘O’ ring due to some oil leakage, as part of maintenance, at their Coimbatore service center, charged me only a few hundreds and they did it within an hour.

I can strongly recommend this brand, for its utility and service back up. However machine is a machine, you can’t predict anything. And this machine is strictly not for commercial use.

Apart from BOSH pressure washer, I am using Eureka Forbes Vacuum cleaner for interior cleaning, CUMI (Carborandum Universal) blower for diesel spraying inside the engine bay, F/R suspensions and for drying the engine bay after the wash. I am using Dongcheng (branded) sander polisher for body rubbing and polishing. And for years together none of these brands gave me any headache.

Copy of the mail sent to BOSH dated 6th May 2009

Note: Forwarded message attached

-- Original Message --

To: bpt@in.bosch.com
Cc: lakshman@hicareindia.net
Subject: Aquatak 100 plus service

Sirs

My name is A Raghuram and I am from Chennai. About one year back I had been to one of the trade fairs and happened to buy the Aquatak 100 plus machine keeping in mind the international reputation the BOSCH company has throughout the world and in India. I got the machine delivered after almost a couple of months, and one Mr Kumar had demonstrated the working of the machine and given his mobile number to call him in case of any problem with the machine. He said he would come after few months to change the oil and do a routine service. I was using the machine once or twice in a month. Few months back when I was using the machine I saw smoke coming out of the machine, I immediately switched off and next day informed the service centre HICARE INDIA PVT LTD, Chennai-34, and the service person by name Mr Jayaprakash had come and took the machine.

After few days I received a call from the service center saying that the motor is burned off and has to be replaced and the cost will be around Rs 3000/- since the warranty period is over I will have to pay for it. I really got a shock, because I am using so many gadgets and equipments at my house and everything is trouble free for years together. Although I used the machine maximum ten times, how such a fault can occur so shortly that too a BOSCH machine known for the quality and reputation.

So, it looks like a manufacturing defect which caused the problem.
I request you to kindly replace the motor free of cost as a special case because the machine is very sparingly used.

Hope the trust I have with BOSCH will be honored

Thanking you

A Raghuram

With Warm Regards

A Raghuram.

Attachments

Last edited:
Car Pressure Washer - Which one?

I am planning to buy a car pressure washer soon and did not find many threads discussing the same. Hence starting this thread.

There are so many portable pressure washers in the market, with varying prices and matching quality.

Which one would you chose and why?
Do you own any? what has been your experience?

From my online research, I think the Karcher product seems good (a German). Of course, there is always the Bosch products but due to it's Chinese made tag, I am reluctant to bet my money. Did not find much information on Black & Decker and others.

Your opinion is welcome and valued.

Last edited:
Re: Car Pressure Washer - Which one?

I am planning to buy a car pressure washer soon and did not find many threads discussing the same. Hence starting this thread.

There are so many portable pressure washers in the market, with varying prices and matching quality.

Which one would you chose and why?
Do you own any? what has been your experience?

From my online research, I think the Karcher product seems good (a German). Of course, there is always the Bosch products but due to it's Chinese made tag, I am reluctant to bet my money. Did not find much information on Black & Decker and others.

Your opinion is welcome and valued.
manuman, just refer post No.35 on this same page

Well, that doesn't really answer my question @A R Ram, except experience of one product, which broke down and prompt after sales support.

Bosch - definitely good. But is it the best?
Why not Karcher? Black & Decker? others?

My need is primarily to wash my car, motorbike and bike (bicycle) at times; occasional cleaning of stone clad wall/patio/terrace. My budget is 10K and I can stretch, but it should be worth it.

AR Ram. How is the pressure from the Bosch washer? Is it good enough to get rid of most of the muck but not enough to harm the paint?

I was also looking at Karcher. Heard that they have some really good pressure washers. Can't seem to find any in Trivandrum though.

Regards,
Vipin

AR Ram. How is the pressure from the Bosch washer? Is it good enough to get rid of most of the muck but not enough to harm the paint?

I was also looking at Karcher. Heard that they have some really good pressure washers. Can't seem to find any in Trivandrum though.

Regards,
Vipin
The pressure is perfectly ok and you can adjust too. There are few attachments for different kinds of washing. Main thing is, not advisable to use it if the water is salty.

I have no idea of Karcher. Bosh got a good service network and spares are easily available

Thank You Ram Sir for updating the thread. I was also looking for a pressure washer.
I had done a lot of research on the power output on different washers.
Black & Decker is cheaper than the BOSCH and warranty/service are better than Bosch it seems. Read lot of complaints where Bosch takes weeks together even for attending the call.
I been to Market in Bangalore asking the pressure washers. Bosch got the name but a higher price tag. Black & Decker also priced but cheaper than Bosch. They have a model aquatak 100 Plus which is having more power than 100.

Flipkart sells aquatak100 @ 8599

By the way, I just switch on our motor and washes with the stream comes directly from pipe :) . It is serving the purpose as of now. Now, i dropped the idea of purchasing a new one.

Last edited:
Thank You Ram Sir for updating the thread. I was also looking for a pressure washer.
I had done a lot of research on the power output on different washers.
Black & Decker is cheaper than the BOSCH and warranty/service are better than Bosch it seems. Read lot of complaints where Bosch takes weeks together even for attending the call.
I been to Market in Bangalore asking the pressure washers. Bosch got the name but a higher price tag. Black & Decker also priced but cheaper than Bosch. They have a model aquatak 100 Plus which is having more power than 100.

Flipkart sells aquatak100 @ 8599

By the way, I just switch on our motor and washes with the stream comes directly from pipe :) . It is serving the purpose as of now. Now, i dropped the idea of purchasing a new one.
Thanks appus.

I think there is a small variation between 100 and 100 plus. May be the attachments are more. If you have a tall building, even if you wash with a normal hose, you can manage. But washing under body is little difficult. Another advantage of PW is, it just consumes very less water.

Running the vehicle in Bangalore is different from Kerala as you know. Its gets dirty much faster in Kerala due to the heavy rains.

Top Bottom