What Do You Think of Portable Pressure Washers?

Apart from BOSH pressure washer, I am using Eureka Forbes Vacuum cleaner for interior cleaning, CUMI (Carborandum Universal) blower for diesel spraying inside the engine bay, F/R suspensions and for drying the engine bay after the wash. I am using Dongcheng (branded) sander polisher for body rubbing and polishing. And for years together none of these brands gave me any headache.
ramji could you elaborate on spraying diesel in the engine bay part.

Last edited by a moderator:
ramji could you elaborate on spraying diesel in the engine bay part.
@SR

The spraying jar comes with the EF vacuum cleaner. But I connect it to a separate blower (CUMI), where the air pressure is more. One liter of diesel is enough to spray inside the engine bay, and underneath the car.

Cover all the electrical/electronic parts inside the engine bay with a plastic paper before spraying the diesel. Once the diesel is sprayed, leave it for half an hour, so that all the dirt will be dissolved and will come out. Then wash it with the pressure wash, so that all the dirt accumulated will be washed out. Once washing is over, remove the plastic covers and just blow air to dry inside the engine bay, battery terminals etc, using the blower.

You can use vacuum cleaner also for blowing air and spraying diesel.

will try it today on my storm using the vacuum cleaner.
@SR

Make sure you dry out the battery terminals and other electrical parts after wash. If you don't have a cover for the '+' terminal of the battery, you can use a polythene paper while washing.

And please update the result.

I think for home users better go in for a110 bar to 130 bar pressure washer preferably induction motor type eg star q or jpt or resqtech. these are self primintg can use with even a bucket of water and low on maintenance

deville_56

Honoured Member
I think for home users better go in for a110 bar to 130 bar pressure washer preferably induction motor type eg star q or jpt or resqtech. these are self primintg can use with even a bucket of water and low on maintenance
Karcher and Bosch also has self priming and works with stagnant water.

My Karcher K2 Horizontal has self priming (It can suck water from bucket of water) and I paid 6k for it. I think most of pressure washers are also self priming.

One of friend bought Resqtech pressure washer recently. First he had ordered from Amazon but it came damaged in the bottom part and seller had no stock in Amazon so he had to return it. Later he bought the same product directly from Resqtech website and it was delivered in 3-4 days. Fortunately Ii came intact but the gun had slight water leakage and due that machine was pulsing when not in use. My friend contacted the seller and they promptly sent a replacement gun. Machine is working fine now but quality is average and durability is doubtful. After sales service is very good otherwise I wouldn't suggest it.

Starq, JPT, PROFFIX, Neptune, RTC, Eastman and etc are all local reseller brands and they import machines from China and stick their labels. Machines are good and should be durable but they all are generic. You can search pressure washers in Aliexpress or Alibaba and you'll find exact machines with no label/brand (Here is one of such). They cost Rs. 2-3K in China where as here they are being sold for more then double! Of course individually buyers have to pay shipping cost and customs duty if bought from China but resellers buy in bulk so it will be much cheaper for them. Same goes for the accessories and availability is very limited if not none.

deville_56

Honoured Member
My Karcher K2 Horizontal has self priming (It can suck water from bucket of water) and I paid 6k for it. I think most of pressure washers are also self priming.

One of friend bought Resqtech pressure washer recently. First he had ordered from Amazon but it came damaged in the bottom part and seller had no stock in Amazon so he had to return it. Later he bought the same product directly from Resqtech website and it was delivered in 3-4 days. Fortunately Ii came intact but the gun had slight water leakage and due that machine was pulsing when not in use. My friend contacted the seller and they promptly sent a replacement gun. Machine is working fine now but quality is average and durability is doubtful. After sales service is very good otherwise I wouldn't suggest it.

Starq, JPT, PROFFIX, Neptune, RTC, Eastman and etc are all local reseller brands and they import machines from China and stick their labels. Machines are good and should be durable but they all are generic. You can search pressure washers in Aliexpress or Alibaba and you'll find exact machines with no label/brand (Here is one of such). They cost Rs. 2-3K in China where as here they are being sold for more then double! Of course individually buyers have to pay shipping cost and customs duty if bought from China but resellers buy in bulk so it will be much cheaper for them. Same goes for the accessories and availability is very limited if not none.
True. We had a Skil brand and it was abused to core with weekly washes ranging from 1-5 cars and/or 1-4 bikes shared between myself and @vishnu vichu. Once motor conked off and I repaired myself changing O-rings and oil. It served well for 3 years and then it was completely dead. Took it to the service centre and parts availability was nil. After waiting a month, we took a Bosch AQT-12. Again shared and abused to the core. In addition, used to wash whole yard and car porch at both of our houses. It's been 2 years and some parts failed due to abuse and surprisingly almost all minute parts are available off the shelf at the seller as well as service centre. And a whole lot of accessories are available like angled tip for underbody wash, etc and compatible after-market upgrades like snow foam cannon, heavy-duty full-metal gun, etc.

Friend got a cheaper induction model, which had great performance compared to our Bosch and it was too compact, but super heavy to carry around. It started making trouble and no spares available and takes too much time to prime even on running water, sometime up to 5 minutes to start working.

I felt it's always safe to stay away from the generic clones.

I have a bosch aquatak 100 and been using it for almost 3 years washing one vehicle every week. I use water from a bucket only. It works great and no trouble as of yet. Will work for another 3-4 years without any trouble I guess.

Top Bottom