What Car Should Be Bought at What Income?

Thread Starter #136
@Indiatraveller:
Its 25% of the family income.

Guys about the Accord for 2 lacs,I'd say "Let the interesting part of the story come up".But definitely the girl has given us one more chance to laugh at someone..

@Indiatraveller:
Its 25% of the family income.

Guys about the Accord for 2 lacs,I'd say "Let the interesting part of the story come up".But definitely the girl has given us one more chance to laugh at someone..

yaar, she might have thinking of spare bedroom in 2lakhs...The old accord must be enhanching the charm of her parking...I believe it must be in parking most of the time [evil]

I pick up my wife occasionally when her driver is on leave and have seen on most occasion accord parked there, so seems she is driving white elephant @ 10-12 Rs per km, but this is initial euphoria. Best way forward: she should get CNG kit for accord:lol!:

Thread Starter #139
No,now a days both hubby and wife would be very happy and getting their ego hurt even if a Civic overtakes them.And everywhere they go,they must be feeling like they are VIPs but no issue,slowly with the money the hype will also come to an end.

I must say its a sad state of affairs

Consumerism in India gives more importance to shallow gratification than deeper satisfaction. :rolleyes:

Thread Starter #144
What is sad in this state.
As we say "We get what we opt for or deserve".
Now let the time conclude this story.

@Vaibhav:+100 to you..

Almost always self driven, monthly driving-500 km/pm , 75 % in city, sunday outings 5 members around 100 kms, - will keep the vehicle for 8-10 years. I know wagon-R or i10 is sufficient, but keeping in view, the spiralling petrol prices, I decided to go for diesel car - TATA VISTA VX ( lot of features, reliable Fiat Enging. Big question mark on After sales service. But decided to go ahead.

hefty discounts on petrol cars strenthened my decision.

HOPE I DID NOT GO WRONG ON MY DECISION.

Off the topic on diesel v/s petrol.
However let me congratulate you on buying Vista. Amazing FE, in terms of space no other car in its category come closer, new vista is refined, fit and finish is also very good, use of soft plastic of dash.
Over all very good choice and very competent vehicle. ASS is not that bad. As long as car is running fine, no issues with it.

Generally middle class people buy cars to be used for 8-10 years. in that case, is it not prudent to spend a bit more and go for diesel car instead of petrol, taking spiralling petrol costs into account ?

Irrespective of the tenure of keeping the car, it makes sense to go for diesel keeping in mind the rising fuels costs and also fact that there is not much of road infrastructure in our cities to really enjoy driving a petrol engine.

Thread Starter #149
Generally middle class people buy cars to be used for 8-10 years. in that case, is it not prudent to spend a bit more and go for diesel car instead of petrol, taking spiralling petrol costs into account ?
See buddy,most of the people buy cars because either they need them or their family need them(I hope you understand my point).Its like that:-
A man who daily goes to office by bus and reaches late,since he can easily afford the car hence he buys one because he needs it.
But the son of same man wants a car for spending time with his GF on roads or the wife wanna show off then also the man need a car.

Coming to main point,now since the man needs a car at any case then what car is advisable?
Simple it is,high running-diesel and low running-petrol.
A person driving 500 kms per month buying a Swift ZDi will not make as much sense as he buying a ZXi will make because his running will not even compromise the price difference also in 8-10 years.

Irrespective of the tenure of keeping the car, it makes sense to go for diesel keeping in mind the rising fuels costs and also fact that there is not much of road infrastructure in our cities to really enjoy driving a petrol engine.
Buddy price of diesel also increases.A person must first of all plan his/her monthly running and then compare it with fuel price and car's price considering the difference between the diesel and petrol variants and then decide which car to go for.

Top Bottom