What Car Care Products Do You Use?

am using the meguiar stuff currently, but once i run out of it , i am gonna try collinite, a friend swears by it and also confirm the wax stays for longer!

Re: General Doubts of New Car Owners

What are the basic equipment required for cleaning of a car and where can I get them from? how much would it cost?

350Z

Core Team
A couple of car care products that I bought now: Formula 1 Carnauba Wash & Wax and Forumula 1 Protectant (Dashboard Polish).

Formula 1 Carnauba Car Care Products.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

hi friends,
I want to ask you that can i use the Amway leather & vinyl cleaner for cleaning the car interior like dashboard and inside car door, it will not harm my car interior plastic or which is a best car interior cleaner in indian market, which can be use to clean a leather seat cover as well as car interior. Please reply.

^^Well,there must be no issue in using the Amway car care products,whatever one may say,but they are still among the best car care products you can buy in the market.
So you can safely go for the Amway leather and vinyl cleaner.

I use Sonax windshield cleaner, Armorall tyre cleaner foam, and few F1 products.
I found F1 products to be OK, not impressive. F1 caranuba wash and wax which I bought few weeks back boasts of rich foam. But it hardly makes any foam. Also I dont find it effective. Maybe its not original. Hows yours vibhore, let us know.
Armorall tyre cleaner foam is the best tyre cleaner available IMO. It doesn't give shine to tyre. Instead, it gives a deep black look to tyre and repels water and dust. Good product.
I also have Sonax windshield cleaner concentrate. Its good.

^^Buddy what is the use of tyre cleaner?
As much I remember,I have always seen tyres being washed by water only.
And secondly what is the use of cleaning them when they again get soiled within a kilometer or two of driving?

I use Kitten Polish for the car I got two of them
One is Cut and polish and other one is just cream polish.

I use windscreen cleaner for all the glass part

Tyre Shine for the wheels

Attachments

Use one to find the difference. It wont protect if car goes into a muddy pothole, or you're driving through slush. But in a normal usage, You'll see that the tyre looks cleaner and newer for a long time. Also it repels water and dust.
For that matter, whats the use of cleaning a car from outside? Dust settles soon after you have finished cleaning.
Bsaically, its a cosmetic aspect.

350Z

Core Team
I found F1 products to be OK, not impressive. F1 caranuba wash and wax which I bought few weeks back boasts of rich foam. But it hardly makes any foam. Also I dont find it effective. Maybe its not original. Hows yours vibhore, let us know.
I figured out that the car shampoo is a duplicate next day after buying it. It had neither a sealed cap nor a label of the importer. I have started up a separate thread on this topic. Let’s discuss about it there: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ula-1-car-care-products-india.html#post179919

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey I believe F1 Carnuba Wax polish is little difficult to apply but gives immense shine to the car and makes the metal shine line anything leaving behind a smooth finish.
I am using that wax polish since years and have a great result. Even Amway Shampoo is also great to use. :)
For the interiors you can use Formula 1 Dashboard cleaner but its not very effective.. its ok.. will not leave a sticky residue (as others do) but will not last long as well. :(

350Z

Core Team
It took only 2 and half cap for my hawk to clean from a full fledged dirty car, which i had not cleaned since 15 days, was cleaned by me last week.
Thanks Mukesh. I think I will order one online in that case. How much did that Sonax Polish cost?

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Mukesh:Sonax car polish.what are its results?
Actually polishing seems to be a tough task because it takes a lot of time.So total it becomes 250+350=600 for both Amway car washa nd Sonax polish.Hmm[thinking],not a costly affair though,at least for what you get.
Even the Amway website too says the same:-
Amway car wash..

@350Z:
Sirji you can either go for online shopping from ebay etc else you can easily find an Amway distributor somewhere in your own locality,finding them is an easy task.
Actually many Amway products like nutralite etc are now a days selling in open market,hence I thought maybe the car wash will also be available.
We have a fixed distributor,he calls the chauffy once every month and notes down the demand now since chauffy loves emptying the bottle of the car wash hence we end up consuming one bottle every two months,after that we tell the guy to get one more and he brings it to our home itself.

OT:Looking at our cars,I think we people can post a new competition thread named:'Whose car is having most shiny exterior'?:biggrin:,this will promote the car-cleaning too and no doubt some really gleaming rides will come up.

Last edited:

Top Bottom