What Car Care Products Do You Use?

Formula 1 Carnauba Wash and Wax

Formula 1 Carnauba Wax polish

Formula 1 scratch out

Colin for glasses

Micro fibre cloths

Synthetic Charmois

Hi freinds,

I use Rs. 1 Clinic Plus shampoo for body wash. I do this once in a week or twice in a month depending upon my time availability.

I used the same Rs. 1 clinic shampoo in windshiled washer container with water [ 1 pocket with one litre water ] when I had M800.

Now for my sparky I have just started using colin [ one cap wiht one litre water ] and same Rs. 1 Clinic Plus shampoo for body wash.

Pls guide me if this is okie

Can somebody guide me what is the differences between below items?
1. Car wax
2. Car polish
3. Scratch Remover
4. Swirl Remover

And please tell me the sequence in which these has to be applied

Well i am no detailing expert but i will try to explain them.

1. Car wax- This is just a protective layer applied over your paint , it is non-abrasive and doesn't eat your clear coat.

2. Car Polish- This is a mild abrasive and removes a very little quantity of clear coat each time you apply it. This can also be used to remove scratches and swirls. But our market is very confused between wax and polish , there are so many waxes sold as polish in the market!

3. Scratch and Swirl remover- As the name indicates it is used to remove swirls and scratches.

Ideally it should be Scratch remover first then Swirl remover then Car polish and then finally car wax to protect the corrected paint.

You should be careful while using these abrasive polishes and swirl removers , if not done properly you can damage your car's paint!

3. Scratch and Swirl remover- As the name indicates it is used to remove swirls and scratches.

Ideally it should be Scratch remover first then Swirl remover then Car polish and then finally car wax to protect the corrected paint.
I have been searching for a Swirl remover since long, but couldnt find one yet. Which brand do you use, and does it really work?

Well i am no detailing expert but i will try to explain them.

1. Car wax- This is just a protective layer applied over your paint , it is non-abrasive and doesn't eat your clear coat.

2. Car Polish- This is a mild abrasive and removes a very little quantity of clear coat each time you apply it. This can also be used to remove scratches and swirls. But our market is very confused between wax and polish , there are so many waxes sold as polish in the market!

You should be careful while using these abrasive polishes and swirl removers , if not done properly you can damage your car's paint!

Very helpful. Now I got a little idea about these. Thank you[thumbsup]
I have Formula 1 wax. and I applied it once. Is it only for water beading effect? or will it give a glossy look?[confused]

@ Akash Even i am searching for a swirl remover but couldn't find it! You can find them in ebay and order online if you wish to. I am kinda scared to use these swirl removers because what they effectively do is remove a portion of your clear coat so the paint looks like new again. I prefer waxing instead , though it doesn't remove the swirls it atleast hides the swirls to an extent and doesn't damage the paint. I would live with swirls than damaged paint! But if you have an expert detailer you can use the swirl removers.

@ gdave Both actually. Since you are having white you are not able to see the gloss effect. Try this on a dark colored car or bike you will see the difference! And also Formula1 is just about average , lasts only for 2 weeks. Try Meguiars wax though its a bit pricey it lasts more than a month.

And also Formula1 is just about average , lasts only for 2 weeks. Try Meguiars wax though its a bit pricey it lasts more than a month.
Hi Dhaya, tried searching for Meguiars on ebay (Meguiars Ultra Polish Kit with 6.5 Inch Pads | eBay). At 11.9k it is too expensive. [surprise] Are formula1 waxes so bad? Any other brand available for less? I have used Waxpol in the past and found to be quite satisfactory, but it was on my dad's Amby & Matiz; nowadays the paints are quite different I believe and need different/special care.

Hey RamG i see you are from Bangalore.

3M car care sells Meguiars products , get it from there. Formula1 is not bad but i feel the water beading doesn't last too long , at the max maybe 2 weeks that's it!

If you want a cheaper better alternative try Turtle Wax.

guys, am looking out for some products for car care, not a huge inventory i am looking for,but day to day use for my car and two wheelers.heard good reviews about 3M care, also heard Amway car shampoo is very effective, pour your views with product details and price if available.
Basic i am looking for is shampoo, wax,glass cleaner,dashboard/plastic cleaner.Clothes/fibre details as well to use.a basic startup kit to maintain your vehicle.
There is quite a price difference of 3M products here and USA, i can get it from there as well if you have specific details of the product and if the product is worth spending.
Thanks.

Last edited:
guys have anyone brought F1 shampoo and wax, single bottle from F1 where it mentions you dont need to wax your car after applying this, hows that?

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, I have an F1 Car wax. No idea as i dont have any Shampoo.

I feel the quality of the Formula 1 wax to be ok. Just the problem is, After wiping of the wax, Marks occur on the car and the car loses Gloss. (Glossiness, I mean!)

Top Bottom