What Can We Do To Improve Road Safety Awareness?

Re: Pictures and Videos of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Judge slapped by a businessman in delhi

In a case of road rage, the additional chief metropolitan magistrate (ACMM) was attacked by a south Delhi-based businessman. He was angry because the ACMM had parked his car In front of him and had refused to give him way.

Incident took place at around 6.30 pm on Monday. The ACMM, Sanjay Sharma, of south east district, was coming back home from Saket court.

He had halted his car on the road opposite Lajpat Nagar Metro station to drop his orderly, Arun Kumar. The accused, identified as Amit Khanna, a resident of south Delhi's Inder Nagar, was right behind the ACMM's car. When Khanna started to honk, the ACMM turned back and signalled him to wait. However, Khanna came out of his car and slapped the ACMM on his face. The ACCM registered a case against Khanna at the Lajpat Nagar police station and the police had arrested Khanna on Tuesday.

This shows due to law and police apathy people dont respect them and now even judges and cops are being beaten. Its time judiciary and police understand their role or our society will be ruled by morons

That's great.I believe that slap is a fantastic God's gift to all of us which doesn't hurt externally but leave long lasting effect on mind and hence every such nonsense person must be gifted with one or two.
Thumbs up to Mr.Khanna.In fact if I'd been there then my step would have also been same.

That's great.I believe that slap is a fantastic God's gift to all of us which doesn't hurt externally but leave long lasting effect on mind and hence every such nonsense person must be gifted with one or two.
Thumbs up to Mr.Khanna.In fact if I'd been there then my step would have also been same.
I don't agree with you vipul. The news headline and the details are contradictory. Headline says the Judge blocked the way and refused to give way, whereas the details say the the Judge did ask him to wait but the angry young man went a step ahead and showed his macho on the judge.

i don't see any wrong from the judge. It is the most common scenario and must have happened with all of us some time or the other when we wanted to drop off someone on a busy road/market area where we can not park the car, so we all politely ask the person behind to wait for a min.

freakdude.

@Freakdude:
When my father was a politician I was even more rude in both the cases.
But what the point is that,these high ranked govt. officials especially from law and order like police(from constable to inspectors)and from govt. lawyers to these judges.These people think the road belongs to their father and treat other people like dogs.
I too drive in market and many times I park my car 200-300 meters away from the point I dropped my mates.Why?Because I don't like to be the initiator of any fight.
Or say who knows what emergency the person behind your car is facing?

BTW,do you really expect that the man would have just came and slapped him?I am sure the argument point is not mentioned in the news.

@Freakdude:
When my father was a politician I was even more rude in both the cases.
But what the point is that,these high ranked govt. officials especially from law and order like police(from constable to inspectors)and from govt. lawyers to these judges.These people think the road belongs to their father and treat other people like dogs.
I too drive in market and many times I park my car 200-300 meters away from the point I dropped my mates.Why?Because I don't like to be the initiator of any fight.
Or say who knows what emergency the person behind your car is facing?

BTW,do you really expect that the man would have just came and slapped him?I am sure the argument point is not mentioned in the news.
True that the argument point is not clear with facts but just the fact that the judge bossed as he was a high ranked official is not agreeable. No two people are same buddy. Well, lets not fret over this, as , everyone is entitled to an opinion so let it be like that. [:)]

freakdude.

Re: Things You Can Do Only ON Indian Roads!

+100 to that buddy.

I love this show to and this can only happen on Indian roads. Hahha.

@Singh, and in one of the show they even said, from now they won't curse the driving condition in Ice, when they return to Canada.

@Singh, and in one of the show they even said, from now they won't curse the driving condition in Ice, when they return to Canada.
To be honest buddy i really don't remember that but ya that's true though. Those people had no idea what they are getting into[:D]

I am planning to see that show again. Will start it next week.

i love the show
from the last season was wonderful and they suffered a lot with indian roads and they said indian peoples are not following the traffic rules[lol]

I see people racing on roads rather than driving these days
if you're going in slow lane they will speed up and get after your life and honk you till death

I see people racing on roads rather than driving these days
if you're going in slow lane they will speed up and get after your life and honk you till death
+1 to that,
Just a week ago i encountered a Tavera on the highway driven by a senior citizen who used his loud horn as often as breathing.
I saw alot of people getting frustrated with him,his only saving grace was he was an old man otherwise i can guarantee you he would have been beaten up silly by now,he would honk regardless of situation & all the two wheelers would get confused & change lanes.
Ya and he was frustrated that i over took him & use to honk even on an empty road & try to get past me by putting others at risk,i have seen cabbies driving but first time i have seen a white board vehicle(Barring the KL reg cars) being driven senseless.

Fellow members,

I write this with extreme frustration and I am pretty sure each and every one of us are with the situation of lack of road traffic/safety among Indian drivers (its a bold statement but its a fact).

....Its a hope but lets see what else can be done..
Apart from mandatory rules of the road, I usually follow what my dad told me when I first started driving. And in all these years, I have never EVER dented my car in an accident and can literally count on one hand the number of times I have had my car scratched (and nothing so serious that I can't fix myself with a rubbing compound and some spray paint). I know this borders on being pompous but I am really proud :) Here are some of the things I keep in mind. Will add more in time.

1. My first priority is me and my co-passengers. Then, people on the road, then my car and then everything else.

2. When approaching a crossing or a signal or in traffic lift your foot off the accelerator and cover your breaks. Don't hit the breaks if not required but the point is to get that right foot off the gas and ready to slam on the breaks in an emergency if a moron decides to go through a crossing without looking either way. The time you will save by preemptively switching your right foot from the accelerator to over (not on) the brakes on approaching a hazard will save you a lot of near accidents.

3. This is where I defer from people who have taught me how to drive. I almost never drive on the rightmost lane. The rightmost lane is technically NOT the fast lane. It is the PASSING LANE. The only time you should be on the right is when you are passing a slow moving vehicle. After you have passed the vehicle you should move over to the left. No matter if you are driving at the speed limit (say 80 on Mumbai Pune Eway). If there's a faster moving vehicle behind you, you must move to the left. It's not your job to regulate the speed limit on the Expressway. You shouldn't be driving in the "Passing Lane" anyway. I almost always follow this principle in Mumbai too. This has an added and an unexpected advantage. People usually drive in the rightmost lane and as a result, the left lane is empty. I understand the issue with motorbikes and trucks and potholes in the left lane but I have found those risks acceptable.

4. If you decide to break in traffic and there's some space between you and the vehicle in front (which you normally should keep) don't break all at once. Break a little at first so that your breaklights illuminate and you let the driver behind you know you are breaking and then come to a halt. If the driver behind you for some reason is not looking ahead it gives him an extra second to react to your breaking and you may save yourself a rear end.

5. The following is a bit difficult to do in Mumbai. When you want to take a U-turn, do NOT start turning until you know you can finish making the U-turn. The problem is if you are waiting for a U-turn with your car at a 45 angle and if a truck decides to rear end you you will end up on the other side of the road with oncoming traffic. Now if your car were straight and waiting for a U-turn and if a truck rear ends you you will only be pushed straight ahead and not onto the other side of the road. I understand it's a bit idealistic in Mumbai but on interstate highways I don''t think you should leave your car standing with half a U turn.

Well ,enough of free time today. Will post later. Comments appreciated.

Top Bottom