What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

Re: What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

Skoda Rapid DSG has a buzzer meant to warn if the hand brake is in applied position. If car runs more than 3 seconds with hand brake applied it starts.
This is in Grand i10 as well. The bell tones starts as soon as you start driving with Handbrakes On

Honda City comes with ISOFIX points, does any other car in its segment have it ? My Rapid Doesn't have one ! If it's 1st in Segment, it's a great move by Honda I would say.

My Tata Tiago (XZ) has these features which I feel are special in its segment:
- Intelligent rear wiper (discussed in prior posts).
- Audible "beep" when reverse gear is engaged.
- Continuous "beeping" when driver's seat belt is not buckled. The beep tone increases (as if it's swearing at you) if you continue to drive without buckling for a few minutes.

I wish it had LATCH/ISOFIX hooks or manual rear seat belt retractor both of which helps installing child seats easier. [frustration]

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
just noticed after 3 years of ownership of xuv 500 thunderbolt-
with auto wipe ON. when you shift to reverse in rainfall, rear wiper goes on automatically! very well thought out & useful feature.

2 days back noticed one nice safety feature in my ecosport. If you start moving your car without properly closing the drivers door you cannot use the infotainment controls given in steering wheel. It wont work. Once you close the driver door properly it will become normal [:)]

- Continuous "beeping" when driver's seat belt is not buckled. The beep tone increases (as if it's swearing at you) if you continue to drive without buckling for a few minutes.
This feature is there in my 2011 Manza too. I agree it is very uncomfortable for a man to drive with the seat belt alarm. Because of this my habits have changed, i buckle up ecen before cracking the engine, its so irritating. But I think Tata have done it correctly, because it really forces the driver to buckle up.

MODS - Please delete this post if you fine it irrelevant.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

This feature is there in my 2011 Manza too. I agree it is very uncomfortable for a man to drive with the seat belt alarm. Because of this my habits have changed, i buckle up ecen before cracking the engine, its so irritating. But I think Tata have done it correctly, because it really forces the driver to buckle up.

MODS - Please delete this post if you fine it irrelevant.
It really is a good feature. Yesterday I was thinking that 50%- 70% of the horn sOund should be audible inside the vehicle. It will get irritating for those who unnecessary blow horns. In the new figo it feels the same and the passenger will get irritated with continous usage.

2 days back noticed one nice safety feature in my ecosport. If you start moving your car without properly closing the drivers door you cannot use the infotainment controls given in steering wheel. It wont work. Once you close the driver door properly it will become normal [:)]
Which model do you have. I have Titanium and I get warning on infotainment screen if any door is left opened.

Which model do you have. I have Titanium and I get warning on infotainment screen if any door is left opened.
Mine is trend model. Yes i also get beep sound if any door is open. but this steering wheel control thing is new to me. i was really surprised [:)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Vehicle- “The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 DICOR 2.2 VTT
Thread-
“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

1. Having proper 4x4 with Transfercase and Low range.
2. Rear Axle is Dana 44 and has LSD to equalize the torque and prevent wheelspin.
3. Auto Dimming rear view mirror along with Rear view camera (Removed in Storme! )
4. Heated ORVMs.
5. Having Really Manly looks with Spare wheel on the Tailgate !
6. Roof AC (4 vents) in addition to centrally located 2 vents in Middle row. Front AC design is such that air is blown into internal door ducts and vents are located on the doors ! Really thick manly doors.
7. Engine Immobilizer along with auto Door lock after engine crank (Autolock Seems more like a nuisance)
8. Most importantly, is the Irreplaceable Comfort and magic carpet ride which needs no introduction with the Safari.

Please note that these features are really common now a days but considering this vehicle was Launched in 2007 these were pretty unique and new.

XUV-
What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

In addition to above, There are a few things which seems to be removed or deemed outdated. Even on newer XUVs-
1. All 3 rows have charging 12v sockets
2. Roof lamps on all 3 Rows (removed since 2015)
3. DVD Player which can play videos, MP3 and VCDs
4. All Wheels on my car including the spare are a full size ALLOY and also support TPMS sensors which are programmable.
5. The muscular and tantalizing CHEETAH theme is slowly being removed (Teeth, Fangs, Claws, Tribal Logos) with each generation of cheetah.

Last edited:

Top Bottom