What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

bought my new 2016 Honda Odyssey during last week of Nov 2015. Have the following nice features.
LDW - Lane Departure Warning
FDW - Forward Collission Warning
Blind spot camera for the passenger side which turns on when the indicator is turned on.
Cool Box - Under the dash to keep cool your drinks

Re: What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

S-cross has a boot with no loading lip. This is a nice feature, helps minimize effort while loading/unloading luggage.
Also, there is a power socket in the boot, If you are aware of other cars having these features, please advise!
Duster AWD also has a raised boot floor, creating a zero loading lip. Most higher variants of the Duster have an additional power socket on the rear left boot parcel tray area, behind the passenger headrest.

@Tai newbie,
Can you please elaborate on first three.?
LDW - Lane departure warning. If we slide into a different lane without the signalling (side indicator), the vehicle alerts the driver with a beep. It assumes the driver moving into another lane is unintentional.

FCW - Forward Collision Warning This setting is configurable. The vehicle alerts the driver when the car is moving at speeds above 30 miles per hour (configurable) and the distance between the car ahead of you and your car is less than certain distance(configurable).

Honda Lane watch - Signal right and a small camera displays live video on your screen to reveal nearly four times more than the passenger-side mirror.

Power socket in the boot? For what?
My odyssey too has this...110 or 120 V socket in the third row for charging you laptops or other electronica like cameras etc..

Last edited:

It's called double crank protection. It is in place so you don't accidentally crank the engine when the it is running, so as to avoid damaging the starter motor. IIRC even Fiat cars have this.

In fact, an owner met his fate because of this. New car, he tried crossing the railway intersection, but the car stalled. He was new to driving, he didn't know about this feature and the next thing you know, BAM! All 4 dead. They might've survived had they been a bit patient. RIP.
Why didn't the guys open the door and run to save their lives. One can always buy another car.

BTW, even my Nano has double crank protection [clap]

My odyssey too has this...110 or 120 V socket in the third row for charging you laptops or other electronica like cameras etc..
This feature is different from what is there in Duster AWD mentioned in the post quoted by you. In duster its a 12V power socket near the rear parcel shelf. I think what you are talking about here is a built-in 12VDC to 110VAC power inverter.

Last edited:

Same in ecosport [:)] . I think this is a must have feature.

If we switch off the engine with parking lights on and open the driver side door a beep sound starts. Also if someone opens any door before the car comes to a halt a beep sound starts.
This feature i.e switching off the engine while parking lights are on an warning tone is available in my Ritz vxi. If it has any warning signal for something near the bonnet and rear bumper it would be of immense help in tight parking place.

Last edited:
The alert for parking light is common in new cars. The new honda city has a security system alarm. I don't know if it is present in other cars of this segment. When some one try to open the car from inside after remote locking, the car started honking. This is also starts when some one open the doors or boot with key. the car locks itself after 30seconds of opening. I found this useful but sometimes it irritate me. Suppose, someone left something inside and only have to unlock the car for take the thing(the auto lock is their only if unlock the car, open the doors and shut it without starting the engine). If he shut the doors and doesn't open the doors before 30sec, It will lock and when he unlock the car from inside, the honking starts. This is sometime, very irritating.

In my grand i10 there are three functions
1. Battery Saver
2. Safe Start
3. Smart Pedal

1. Battery Saver:
Switches off all the lights as soon as we open the driver side door with removed the key even the switch is in on position

2. Safe Start
Car won't start without pressing the clutch

3.Smart Pedal
In an emergency if you press the brake and accelerator simultaneously the ECU will only apply brakes not acceleration

In EcoSport if you have switched ON only front wipers and you engage the reverse gear then rear wiper also starts automatically.

Top Bottom